Sam Interested in Phil Neville?

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

please no - no better than what we have, will just be an expensive squad player!

You'd sit Neville to play Carr?

Better than what we got at right back and versatile. Played RB a lot last season... Can play LB as well.  And team leader....

Everton won't sell though.

He seems like a SA type player & I'd have him as our 1st choice RB. I can't think why Everton would sell when they are trying to strengthen their team. Unless they have to sell to buy.

As RB's go I can't think of (m)any better options that may be open to us.

Guest David Kelly

He's a good premier league player who's reputation has suffered from not being as good as his brother or being good enough to play anywhere near as many international games as he has.

He's a million miles better than Carr though and he can cover leftback and as a holding player in midfield.

I agree it seems unlikely Everton would want to sell and I do wonder if we could get better value abroad for that type of money (I wouldn't have a clue who though).

Thought Gary was the natural RB.  Phil never held down a solid place at Man U, played all over. 

That's because Gary Neville has been the best RB in the league for years. Phil Neville's best position is RB though imo.

Guest teepee

please no - no better than what we have, will just be an expensive squad player!

If SOlano goes, name our better rb. And if you say Carr, you will be showing your ignorance of Newcastle United, never mind any other teams in the premiership.

solano hasn't left yet has he?

and as i haven't even mentioned carr's name you have no reason to insult me

as for phil neville - i'd still not take him, even with your convincing argumentation...

If SOlano goes, name our better rb. And if you say Carr, you will be showing your ignorance of Newcastle United, never mind any other teams in the premiership.

as for phil neville - i'd still not take him, even with your convincing argumentation...

Just playing devil's advocate, if Sam thinks Nobby is a better RB why did he start fatty Carr on Saturday?

Guest johnson293

I always thought Phil Chuckle was a left back - but maybe that was just because he got stuck there with Gary Chuckle always playing RB for Man Utd.

But, if he can play both roles, he would provide LB cover as well as providing more competition for Carr, whether solano goes or not.

I always thought Phil Chuckle was a left back - but maybe that was just because he got stuck there with Gary Chuckle always playing RB for Man Utd.

But, if he can play both roles, he would provide LB cover as well as providing more competition for Carr, whether solano goes or not.

He's right-footed. If he came he'd be the starting right-back whether or not Carr or Solano stayed btw.

Guest teepee

Just playing devil's advocate, if Sam thinks Nobby is a better RB why did he start fatty Carr on Saturday?

he clearly thinks that carr is the better rb - i, however, personally disagree.

i'd love for us to sign a new rb, just not phil neville (and i do not think that is his natural position either...)

I'd rather have a rightback at rightback.

Someone like Phil Neville, who's natural position is right back, say?

So he's a right back yet never played there for Man Utd and won't have played there for their youth team either since he came through with the other Neville.

he clearly thinks that carr is the better rb - i, however, personally disagree.

i'd love for us to sign a new rb, just not phil neville (and i do not think that is his natural position either...)

That's because his position is with the blue scouse makems!

I'd rather have a rightback at rightback.

Someone like Phil Neville, who's natural position is right back, say?

So he's a right back yet never played there for Man Utd and won't have played there for their youth team either since he came through with the other Neville.

Correct.

I say go for it, seems to be a professional, can do a job at several positions, not a dwarf, leader and english. Fits perfect to be a Sam signing, only question is, will Everton sell him?