Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

Lets not get carried away lads, its fun to mock spurs lads as they have a daft sense of how great the club is (who can blame them they read their own supporters views in the national press everyday) but a result tonight will galvanise them.

Spurs are a side that can play great football and are everyone's favourites to get 5th. Not us. If Bolton are going to be as shit as everyone thinks they are, then satuday was probably not that tough.

A loss/draw tonight and a failure to pick up 3 points against Derby means they then go to Man U followed by two London derbies looking for lots of points.

Lets not get carried away lads, its fun to mock spurs lads as they have a daft sense of how great the club is (who can blame them they read their own supporters views in the national press everyday) but a result tonight will galvanise them.

Spurs are a side that can play great football and are everyone's favourites to get 5th. Not us. If Bolton are going to be as shit as everyone thinks they are, then satuday was probably not that tough.

A loss/draw tonight and a failure to pick up 3 points against Derby means they then go to Man U followed by two London derbies looking for lots of points.

Well, they've finished fifth the past two seasons haven't they.

The thing is... Everton are better, Man City, Blackburn, Portsmouth, and NUFC have all improved. Spurs didn't address their weaknesses. They wasted a load of money on a player they don't need.

Guest kingdawson

We have a great youth squad, in 5 years this could be the bulk of our side:

Krul

.........  ..........  Taylor    Enrique

Milner  ..........  ..........  N'Zogbia

Carroll   Martins

Woooooo, also Barton will be a wise old sage then :lol:

Again the use of the word 'great'. Most of those players listed are Good premiership standard players but none of those players will ever be great.

Alnwick

ifil-------Dawson-----kaboul-------bale

lennon----huddlestone------Boetang----tarabtt

---------------pekhart------Bent----------------

Theres ours if your interested.

Guest Triglett

We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

Or N'Zogbia, Taylor, Milner, Enrique? I see what you tried to do there, but people aren't going to fall for that on a Newcastle board.

Dont forget the premiership's top scorer  O0

I wasn't going to include him, but seeing as he's happy to use Bent as an example, then yes Martins as well. His point doesn't stand up to scrutiny at all, I don't know why he thought noone would pick up on that on a Newcastle board.

The players I named, IMO, are exceptional talents (from what I've seen of them) and have massive pedigree in their respective countries. Notice how I missed out the likes of Dawson, Huddlestone, Jenas etc. If you're trying to say James Milner is in the same bracket, ok, whatever. Obviously I was trying to make a point when I named those players, and to a certain degree, they are your 'ones for the future'.

Krul

Carroll  Martins

Again the use of the word 'great'. Most of those players listed are Good premiership standard players but none of those players will ever be great.

Alnwick

ifil-------Dervitte-----kaboul-------bale

Exactly the same can be said about that Spurs side

My head says Spurs' home advantage will see them through, but looking at the two midfields I think that battle could go either way and Everton have a better defence in my view.

A defeat for Spurs wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would put them in a hole they'd really need to climb out of quickly. The pressure is on Spurs tonight, but I do think they'll shade it.

We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

Or N'Zogbia, Taylor, Milner, Enrique? I see what you tried to do there, but people aren't going to fall for that on a Newcastle board.

Dont forget the premiership's top scorer  O0

I wasn't going to include him, but seeing as he's happy to use Bent as an example, then yes Martins as well. His point doesn't stand up to scrutiny at all, I don't know why he thought noone would pick up on that on a Newcastle board.

The players I named, IMO, are exceptional talents (from what I've seen of them) and have massive pedigree in their respective countries. Notice how I missed out the likes of Dawson, Huddlestone, Jenas etc. If you're trying to say James Milner is in the same bracket, ok, whatever. Obviously I was trying to make a point when I named those players, and to a certain degree, they are your 'ones for the future'.

Not to much of a degree though, because it's very unlikely Ramage will be around after this season, and Huntington won't be unless he comes on a lot. Edgar seems to have something about him, but I don't think too many are pinning all their hopes on him being the future.

Guest kingdawson

Krul

Carroll   Martins

Alnwick

Yes i agree, thats exactly why i didnt use "Great" to describe the spurs side. I like to think of myself as a realist.

My head says Spurs' home advantage will see them through, but looking at the two midfields I think that battle could go either way and Everton have a better defence in my view.

A defeat for Spurs wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would put them in a hole they'd really need to climb out of quickly. The pressure is on Spurs tonight, but I do think they'll shade it.

Agree with the first part but not the second. They had an awful start to last season and still came 5th. If they're still struggling after 4-5 games then the pressure will be on.

Krul

Carroll  Martins

Alnwick

Yes i agree, thats exactly why i didnt use "Great" to describe the spurs side. I like to think of myself as a realist.

:lol: Realist :lol:

Nice 1 that did make me chuckle.

Guest kingdawson

Shouldn't KingDawson and Twiglett be off to the match already?

Inevitable really :rolleyes:.

Inevitable that you are on here being a bellend when Spurs are playing? I agree.

"bellend"? its a debate for fucks sake. seems like im a "bellend" every time i stick up for my team.

Inevitable that you are on here being a bellend when Spurs are playing? I agree.

"bellend"? its a debate for fucks sake. seems like im a "bellend" every time i stick up for my team.

What do you expect? this is a forum for another football club. Spurs are big rivals for us this season and your always making your pro Spurs posts, its bound to wind people up ffs.

Whether you stick up for your team or not, you're still a bellend tbh.

How many of these Spurs youngsters have you seen KingDawson? How well did they do in the FA youth cup?

Guest kingdawson

What do you expect? this is a forum for another football club. Spurs are big rivals for us this season and your always making your pro Spurs posts, its bound to wind people up ffs.

So every supporter of another team that just so happens to defend their team from criticsm is being a "bellend" on this board then?

Pro-spurs posts?? what on earth are you on about?. I listed some above average players from my club that was ridiculed (which is a bit of a joke as someone then listed about 8 top drawer Newcastle players)