If N Rock go bust........................

Rob W

they've been taking a hammering in the market

as I understand it their "business" model" is borrowing from (mainly) US sources and lending to Brits - they then parcel up these loans and sell them on to the sub-prime borrowers

right now there is no money available from the US  and no -one is buying mortgage packages

they can still borrow at LIBOR of course but this really murders their margins............... 

Just looking now and they have had a massive drop but they are no lower now than what they were when they floated on the stock exchange.

That is NOT a "Good Thing" in teh eys of the Stock Market I'm afraid

Wasn't there some talk that we'd already spent the sponsorship money before we've actually received it all? That'd be a big hole to fill if they pull the plug, though looking at the size of some of the sponsorship deals happening recently I'd say we could get a deal on the same/better terms elsewhere.

Wasn't there some talk that we'd already spent the sponsorship money before we've actually received it all? That'd be a big hole to fill if they pull the plug, though looking at the size of some of the sponsorship deals happening recently I'd say we could get a deal on the same/better terms elsewhere.

I think that has been suggested and iirc Mort was rather coy when asked about it recently.

If they just decided to walk away, then in theory we could not pay them back and get a new sponsorship deal = double the money!

Can't for one second imagine that the deal has been structured to allow us to do this though

If anything is about to happen with Northern Rock,you'll be the first to know.

Bloke who to sits next to me at home games is very high up at Northern Rock and was part of the deal that got us sponsored by them.

So he'd told me that when we were sponsored by NTL that Northern Rock were coming in for us.

He did mention something about them last year,can't recall it atm.

Will find out more on Saturday tea-time  :lol:

Guest elbee909

NUFC would be bloody obviously sponsored by Sports Direct if NR fell through.  That's what I'd do anyway.  Some might argue that would be silly due to the lack of new sponsorship money coming in, but I'd like to think that the value of the exposure to Sports Direct would more than offset that lack of funds.  Hopefully we'd end up with money via Sports Direct... :)

anything going tits up would usually be taken up by creditors so things would have to stand you would probably just owe the money to some bugger else.

aye - probably the mafia..................

Guest elbee909

don't be silly - he bought the club to MAKE money , not spend it FFS

He would be making money by doing such a thing.  Saving Sports Direct 20mill+ out of their marketing budget for that sort of brand exposure... I see that as making money.  These sort of cross-business synergies is one of the reasons he bought NUFC.

Guest johnson293

NUFC would be bloody obviously sponsored by Sports Direct if NR fell through.  That's what I'd do anyway.  Some might argue that would be silly due to the lack of new sponsorship money coming in, but I'd like to think that the value of the exposure to Sports Direct would more than offset that lack of funds.  Hopefully we'd end up with money via Sports Direct... :)

But if he owns the club, surely theres nowt to stop him putting advertising hoardings around the ground anyway, to promote Sports Direct?

Club/Shirt sponsorship brings in massive revenue, so he aint gonna want to lose out on that, just to promote his sport shops on our shirts!

I cant remember the story details but I read an interview in the daily mail when I was coming back from the US in June. It was with the CEO or Chairman or someone. Local lad who is based in Gosforth

I seem to remember it was about the fact that they had issued a profits warning and he explained that it was because the NR had made certain decisions and that the long terms plan was all in place and was looking very good.

Would have bene in the mail on Thursday the 28th of June if anyone is any good at digging into the depths of the web