Newcastle United XI 3-1 Gretna - Wed Aug 15

Nobby

It's hilarious, in a way, the amount of pressure on Owen now. He basically has to score every game or people are going to think he's a waste of space.

he should score against teams like blue star and gretna even if hes not 100% fit

meant to be one of the best strikers in the world?

if big sam drops martins or viduka or maybe a midfielder to play owen i wont be happy

team shouldnt change from Bolton

It's hilarious, in a way, the amount of pressure on Owen now. He basically has to score every game or people are going to think he's a waste of space.

I would say: Harsh but fair.

Shola has actually done what was asked of him... even Luque has... Owen not so much. However, Owen has been paid fucking lorry loads of cash to play what seems like two games for us ove rthe past three seasons. He absolutely must deliver the goods.

From today's Journal it seems they think Sam will put him on the bench for Villa and keep the same team as at Bolton.

Good news imo, Martins deserves to keep his place, and sends the right message about competition and winning a place in the side on merit not reputation.

I would say: Harsh but fair.

Shola has actually done what was asked of him... even Luque has... Owen not so much. However, Owen has been paid fucking lorry loads of cash to play what seems like two games for us ove rthe past three seasons. He absolutely must deliver the goods.

I'd imagine Luque was asked to try when on the pitch. In what way can you say he's done what was asked of him? Is "be pretty decent in friendlies" all that's required of him?