Great Time To Make A Move

Shak

Villa seem to get a lot of respect on here - and I'm not sure why. They look a fairly uninspired bunch to me and if we play well I'd expect us to take them especially at home. They're the sort of team that I think will struggle for goals again this season, a problem we should not have.

Yep, Villa's defence in particular should struggle against Milner, Martins and the rest... let's just hope Young doesn't run rings round Carr and set up a couple of goals.

All the games are potential wins, but allowing for hiccups 9 points would be a good achievement.

NUFC key strikers.............Villa key strikers

Viduka                                Carew

Martins                                Young         

Owen                                  Moore

NUFC key midf..................Villa key midf

Ron                                        Reo Coker 

Butt                                          Barry

Milner                                      Petrov

NUFC key def.........................Villa key def

Taylor                                      Larsen

Rozza                                      Mellberg

I think these are the key players (who are available). We worry about our FB's but i don't think they are any better off tbh. Key battle will be in the middle as always. I think their forwards are very athletic but i would reckon ours are better finishers.

Looking at the squad lists makes me think we have better options to change the game too, Smith, Zoggy, Cacapa, Nobby (doubt Dyer will play), etc.

They'll play 4-3-3 i reckon. If we do the same we could cancel each other out unless 1 team is more effective at it  than the other. If we go for width 4-4-2 with Milner and Zoggy i reckon we'll more potent going forward but might lose out in the middle of the park.

I think we've more quality.

Guest Toonie

who the fuck is ron?

anyway, i think we should win all four matches. I think as this game is home, we will beat Villa and then the confidence will be high and Boro is terrible so we will win that. Then Wigan at home, come on that is a certain victory. Derby is away but they're shit. The most difficult game out of that lot is definitely Bolton away where we haven't won in 5 years. Owen is gonna be fit for this game well at least until he gets injured tying his shoelaces before the game. We are going to rape villa, everyone should just relax. we scored 3 goals in 30 mins we could score more but at that point it was more intelligent to defend.

who the fuck is ron?

anyway, i think we should win all four matches. I think as this game is home, we will beat Villa and then the confidence will be high and Boro is terrible so we will win that. Then Wigan at home, come on that is a certain victory. Derby is away but they're shit. The most difficult game out of that lot is definitely Bolton away where we haven't won in 5 years. Owen is gonna be fit for this game well at least until he gets injured tying his shoelaces before the game. We are going to rape villa, everyone should just relax. we scored 3 goals in 30 mins we could score more but at that point it was more intelligent to defend.

Ron Geremi. Perhaps the shittest nickname anyone has invented on here tbh.

Guest Darth Toon

I hate all this optimism - I'm starting to get nervous about the games days in advance now, whereas under Souness and Roeder i just had a kind of comforting numb acceptance that we were probably going to be shite.

Damn this sense of expectation!!  :frantic:

Guest teepee

this should be a good start to the season - we will get no less than 7 points and hopefully 10-12 from those fixtures.

i am also not totally impressed by villa, so i think the two home games are very winnable. so are the others, but 12 points is probably too much to hope for

I reckon we will draw villa but win the rest.

Villa will be tough. They need a point and they will be up for it. They have their weaknessess specifically at rightback so if we can get James/Zog pulling the strings over there we can create pleanty of chances.

Lets hope we can be strong at the back, and im sure Martins and co can come up with some offense.

Like calling O'Neil a "pikey twat" or something?

No, like scoring goals.