The Current Value Of Our Squad Players In Comparison To This Transfer Market....

Jamie

Bit bored,so i thaught that i could come up with what the current value of some of our 1st team squad players.

Note :  This is what they should be worth compared to other transfers this summer and not exactly what we would get for them.

Shay Given - Shay is now 31,and with not many keepers moving around lately,i can only compare him with Gordon.

Signed for the mackems at the age of 24 for 9m.With Given being 7 year older than him,but being a much better quality keeper and plenty experience,i would value him about 5.5m.

Harper - About 1m

Stephen Carr - 30 ? With Luke Young going to Boro for 2.5m at the age of 28,i value stephen Carr at about 2m.Considering that Young would be worth more if he had've come from a premiership club.

Steven Taylor - At the age of 21,Taylor is probably one of the many players in our team that could be worth a lot of money one day,and with West Brom valuing Curtis Davies at 10m,with hardly any Premiership experience or playing against anyone decent week in week out.So i would value Taylor at 15m.

David Rozenhal - 26 ? Has no Premirship experience yet but looks to be a good buy at 2.8m,but i'd still value him at that price until the next transfer window finishes

Babayaro - With Babayro at 29,i have seen Leighton Baines switch from Wigan to Everton for 5m ? With him only being a young lad,and a big potential ahead of him,i would rate babayaro at 1.5m

Nobby Solano - At 33 now Nobby isn't really worth a lot,but still one cracking player.Can still cut it in the Premiership so i'd value him at 2m.

Geremi - Ariving on a free,very good business,Geremi could still be worth a few quid at the minute at 29.The versitile player can player anywhere in Midfield and across the backline and still look steady.His best position,i believe is in the holding role,and with not many quality DM players around these days,except from maybe Makelele,i would value Geremi at about 5m

Emre - At 27 ? Emre is still should be at his peak of career,with Parker going to West Ham for 8m and him not being much younger than Emre i'd value him at about 5m,going with his injury record.

Obafemi Martins - At 22,Martins is one of the most exciting talents around,with a brilliant eye for goal.Seeng Darrent Bent move to Spurs for crazy money at 23,Martins could be worth up to at least 20m with his Champions league experince already,i can see him being a great asset for this club for years to come.

Charles N'Zogbia - At 21,Charlie is a great one for the present and future.Kieran RIchardson went to the Unwashed for 5.5m being 2 years older than the Frenchman,so i would Value him at 7m.

Any others feel free to add to my list.

And remember ! This is what they should be worth as i'm sure some of you will disagree with what i have to say.

Thank you for those who took time to read this

Bit bored,so i thaught that i could come up with what the current value of some of our 1st team squad players.

Note :  This is what they should be worth compared to other transfers this summer and not exactly what we would get for them.

Shay Given - Shay is now 31,and with not many keepers moving around lately,i can only compare him with Gordon.

Signed for the mackems at the age of 24 for 9m.With Given being 7 year older than him,but being a much better quality keeper and plenty experience,i would value him about 5.5m. But good keepers play until their late 30s, if Gordon is worth 9, Shay's worth 10!

Harper - About 1m Priceless, otherwise someone else would have tried to purchase him by now

Stephen Carr - 30 ? With Luke Young going to Boro for 2.5m at the age of 28,i value stephen Carr at about 2m.Considering that Young would be worth more if he had've come from a premiership club. If we could charge by the pound he'd be our best weight for age sale, unfortunately blubber is only valuable in Japan! Free, take him please.

Steven Taylor - At the age of 21,Taylor is probably one of the many players in our team that could be worth a lot of money one day,and with West Brom valuing Curtis Davies at 10m,with hardly any Premiership experience or playing against anyone decent week in week out.So i would value Taylor at 15m. Price on application, if it was one of the wealthy clubs he's worth a fortune but as they don't need him, he's more likely to be worth two pints of lager and a packet of crisps

David Rozenhal - 26 ? Has no Premirship experience yet but looks to be a good buy at 2.8m,but i'd still value him at that price until the next transfer window finishes If Taylors worth 15 and Rozzie is worth 2.8, how much for the Trabant at the back of your car lot??? Fucking hell!

Babayaro - With Babayro at 29,i have seen Leighton Baines switch from Wigan to Everton for 5m ? With him only being a young lad,and a big potential ahead of him,i would rate babayaro at 1.5m Again, like Carr, his zimmer frame is the most valuable part of him - free if we could find some tw@t stoopid enough to take him, does fat Freddy still have his scrap yard?

Nobby Solano - At 33 now Nobby isn't really worth a lot,but still one cracking player.Can still cut it in the Premiership so i'd value him at 2m. Don't you read the papers man? He's worth nowt and we should think ourselves lucky to get that much

Geremi - Ariving on a free,very good business,Geremi could still be worth a few quid at the minute at 29.The versitile player can player anywhere in Midfield and across the backline and still look steady.His best position,i believe is in the holding role,and with not many quality DM players around these days,except from maybe Makelele,i would value Geremi at about 5m What's that old saying, you get what you pay for? No, no that doesn't work at NUFC, does it! I bet Chelsea think he's worth more now.

Emre - At 27 ? Emre is still should be at his peak of career,with Parker going to West Ham for 8m and him not being much younger than Emre i'd value him at about 5m,going with his injury record. 5m? Fucking hell glad you're not our manager. Available as a cheaper by the dozen at an Bazaar.

Obafemi Martins - At 22,Martins is one of the most exciting talents around,with a brilliant eye for goal.Seeng Darrent Bent move to Spurs for crazy money at 23,Martins could be worth up to at least 20m with his Champions league experince already,i can see him being a great asset for this club for years to come. Mmm, how does this work? He's got a 13m release clause which means he's worth???? Go on, I know you can get it. Yes, yes, you're getting closer...... Oh right 20m!

Charles N'Zogbia - At 21,Charlie is a great one for the present and future.Kieran RIchardson went to the Unwashed for 5.5m being 2 years older than the Frenchman,so i would Value him at 7m. Oh I bet Le Harve love you. Richardson went to the village of the damned for that price for one reason only, Alex "I'll get a pound and a half of flesh" Ferguson. If Charlie throws another wobbly like he did last season his value will soar to a huge 3m if we're lucky.

Any others feel free to add to my list.

And remember ! This is what they should be worth as i'm sure some of you will disagree with what i have to say.

Thank you for those who took time to read this

Any chance you could get out there and sell the jumping frog for us?!??????

Couldn't argue with any of that. What about Owen's 'true' value?

I was going to try and let that down to one of you lot, i feel pretty clueless about Owen tbh

Owen's worth as much as someone's prepared to pay and since nobody was interested at £9 million I'd say he's worth £6 million atm.

Guest LucasUnger

well i think oba is worth more the 13 million after the next few games.

i think he will be sold next year for more than "puffy torres"

I don't think you can really put a value on Owen until he has played at least half a season for us, one of the highest rated strikers in the world not so long ago yet no one wanted him at a price of £9million in this tranfer window.

I am sure if he plays lots and scores plenty of goals before January then we will see the £9million bids come in.

Couldn't argue with any of that. What about Owen's 'true' value?

I was going to try and let that down to one of you lot, i feel pretty clueless about Owen tbh

Owen's worth as much as someone's prepared to pay and since nobody was interested at £9 million I'd say he's worth £6 million atm.

Or we can look at it as he's worth as much as his insurance policy.

well i think oba is worth more the 13 million after the next few games.

i think he will be sold next year for more than "puffy torres"

Hello his release clause is how much?

Obafemi Martins - At 22,Martins is one of the most exciting talents around,with a brilliant eye for goal.Seeng Darrent Bent move to Spurs for crazy money at 23,Martins could be worth up to at least 20m with his Champions league experince already,i can see him being a great asset for this club for years to come. Mmm, how does this work? He's got a 13m release clause which means he's worth???? Go on, I know you can get it. Yes, yes, you're getting closer...... Oh right 20m!

Any chance you could get out there and sell the jumping frog for us?!??????

Did Martins not re-negotiate his contract? Anyway, I agree with that as a market value. He is currently better than Bent and has potential to become a lot better, so has to be over 17m.

Did Martins not re-negotiate his contract?

No.

i thaught it had run out  :undecided:

We were told the time scale had ran out on Owens get out clause but no mention of Oba's clause being at an end, there was reports Oba was going to talk about a new contract but no more news after that.

Still think there is more chance of him signing a new deal than there is Owen signing one, I just think Oba wanted to hang on and see how many games he was going to be getting before re-comiting to us with a new contract.

No.

OK. Think Sam's going to try to get him to do so though? Either way, that's what he is worth, regardless of clauses.

Look I hate to sound argumentative, actually no I don't but until he signs a contract without the release clause he is worth 13m maximum and if you can't understand that you need to slap yourself across the face because there is no hope for you.

No.

OK. Think Sam's going to try to get him to do so though? Either way, that's what he is worth, regardless of clauses.

Look I hate to sound argumentative, actually no I don't but until he signs a contract without the release clause he is worth 13m maximum and if you can't understand that you need to slap yourself across the face because there is no hope for you.

I think what danswan isn trying to get across is that a release clause isn't the same as the 'market value', it is more like the minimum amount that would allow someone to talk to the player. It doesn't mean that at this moment, Martins is actually worth 13m, he could be more or less.

No.

;D Bit aggressive dont you think?

We all get that he has a clause allowing him to talk to clubs if £13m is bid, and that clause was inserted when we bought him.

No need to be sarky.

If he didnt have that clause, I think he would be valued at more than £13m.

Good OP Jamie too.

No.

We all get that he has a clause allowing him to talk to clubs if £13m is bid, and that clause was inserted when we bought him.

No need to be sarky.

Good OP Jamie too.

Oi, you talking to me? Who you fookin callin agressive? :laugh:

Tell me you guys don't need a smilie everytime someone disagrees with you?

I realise what Jamie is trying to get across but sorry a player is only worth what we can sell them for.

Plus honestly as important as the club is to me, there is no point suffering from over enthusiasm when it comes to our own players.

Sorry but if you read my original response you might actually smile at Jamie's youthful enthusiasm.

No.

No need to be sarky.

Good OP Jamie too.

Oi, you talking to me? Who you fookin callin agressive? :laugh:

Tell me you guys don't need a smilie everytime someone disagrees with you?

I realise what Jamie is trying to get across but sorry a player is only worth what we can sell them for.

Plus honestly as important as the club is to me, there is no point suffering from over enthusiasm when it comes to our own players.

Sorry but if you read my original response you might actually smile at Jamie's youthful enthusiasm.

A player's worth, and the price you can buy him for, aren't necessarily the same amount.