Football Italia fans

Guest WalkervilleMag

Guest WalkervilleMag

Channel 5 bought the rights to Serie A in June.  http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,2101055,00.html

just checked the listings  for next weekend

"Football Italiano (Sport)

Time - 13:30 - 16:15 (2 hours and 45 minutes long)

When - Sunday 26th August on five

Live and exclusive coverage from the first day of the new Italian football season as Serie A champions Inter Milan take on Udinese. With the likes of Vieira, Crespo and Ibrahimovic in their ranks, Inter are among the favourites to win the Scudetto, but will have to contend with the likes of AC Milan, Juventus and Roma along the way. The show is presented by Mark Chapman and Laura Esposto, with match commentary coming from Tony Jones and John Barnes.

(New Episode, Live, Subtitles)

"

Bit gutted they did not get James Richardson on board.  bit still good news none the less.

Guest WalkervilleMag

well 5 did get it on the cheap, as all the other companys just went on last seasons poor viewing figures for Serie A , not taking into account italia's best supported club worldwide  were not even in it.

Guest WalkervilleMag

funny enough, last week, i was clearing out my back room. loads of old vhs cassetes. went through them all to see what was on them, before chucking them out.  one of them was from the old Football Italia on C4  Milan v Brescia  both teams needing 1 point Milan for the title, brescia to stay up, so they had a deal on the draw.  Papin, Van Basten playing. must be nealy 15 years old

Guest Milburnthedog

Used to love a Sunday afternoon watching the Italian footy. Slobbing across the settee with a coffee and some nibbles was great stuff. (Yeah coffee....usually had enough on a Saturday at my age!)

Guest firetotheworks

Is it just a given that everyone loves James Richardson? Its really refreshing for a presenter or pundit to be liked so much.

Is it just a given that everyone loves James Richardson? Its really refreshing for a presenter or pundit to be liked so much.

Whats not to love about his witty roundup of the pink papers over a cappuccino and a tasteful cafe set in a square of beautiful architechture.

:smitten:

Guest Ted_Tedson

Tell me Mark Chapman's not that clown off radio 1!!! It's not the same one is it? It can't be  >:(

By the way, anyone who misses the legend that is James Richardson, he presents the Guardian's weekly football podcast. Well worth a listen, he's still puntastic.

Tell me Mark Chapman's not that clown off radio 1!!! It's not the same one is it? It can't be  >:(

By the way, anyone who misses the legend that is James Richardson, he presents the Guardian's weekly football podcast. Well worth a listen, he's still puntastic.

He's on Setanta as well. Does the Premier League preview show on Friday nights.

Guest unrealterrorist

Football Italia with Richardson and Brackley was an integral part of my childhood. f****** mint.

Me too mate the cry of "LAZIO" brings back fond memories. Just an other option on a sunday incase its bolton on sky. O0

Football Italia with Richardson and Brackley was an integral part of my childhood. f****** mint.

Me too mate the cry of "LAZIO" brings back fond memories. Just an other option on a sunday incase its bolton on sky. O0

It's "Gol Accio" or something like that. It's Portuguese and there was a famous football commentator in Italy who said it a lot (he was Brazilian). It means 'great goal' or something like that.

As has already been said, it's a massive shame Richardson isn't involved. There should be a campaign to get him on board. Like Wullie, I'm a fan of Peter Brackley too. Quite 'old skool' I thought, a bit like a modern day Kenneth Wolstenholme (who used to do the weekly round-up on Gazzetta iirc).

Guest firetotheworks

Italian football is plain s***, why watch that when you can watch the prem?  :rant:

Because you can watch both my good man. The Italian League is the best outside of the prem if you ask me. Probably the closest to being like the Premiership too.

Richardson should be doing the Saturday Setanta show. that other bloke looks out of place. Like he's using the show as a stepping stone and doesnt have any real interest in football.

Too right.

:smitten:

Saturday at 10am you got the Papers roundup and highlights. Sunday at noon you got a match. There were so many legends!

Batistuta, Poggi, a young Del Piero and Inzhagi!

Great memories.

Guest firetotheworks

It was incredible like. Watching Ronaldo and Zidane in particular was brilliant. Always remember Totti's lob and Djourkiaffs overhead kick with fond memories. Pleased its back, but without Richardson and co it loses a lot of its quality and charm.