Jol on the brink? Breaking news:Ramos snubs huge Spurs offer.

Parky

I'm hearing from my mate in N.London that rumours are rife that Jol has walked.

Not exactly the most outlandish bit of ITK'ing after today's stories, is it :laugh:

:blush:

*Check when the thread was started tho fishface* bluerazz.gif

Hold up...They'e put 2 and 8 together and come up with 65! :lol:

They reckon because Klinsmann is in London he must be talking to Spurs.

mackems.gif

Spuds eh?

Can't see a reason why two-time legendary Tottenham Hotspur striker Jurgen Klinnsman would want to manage Spurs either.

Hold up...They'e put 2 and 8 together and come up with 65! :lol:

They reckon because Klinsmann is in London he must be talking to Spurs.

mackems.gif

Spuds eh?

Can't see a reason why two-time legendary Tottenham Hotspur striker Jurgen Klinnsman would want to manage Spurs either.

He is here cause of the German team big bonce.

UV - Ideally it would have been done in the Summer like Chelsea and Liverpool did with their current managers but you should definitely have someone in place ready to take over, certainly better than sacking someone to find out the only replacement is Souness.

So what happens when the first manager you approach knocks you back and tells his mates in the press about it? The current manager is left in an untenable position, knowing he could be replaced at any time. The club would (rightly) be a laughing stock and a source of constant speculation.

That's unlikely to happen, it's believed that players get tapped up all of the time but how often do you hear of someone blabbing to the press?

The way you would go about it is to get a 3rd party to approach the agent of the manager and ask him if he would be interested in the job, if he is then move it from there but if not and for some reason he did go to the press then deny all knowledge like Madrid do when they get accused of it, after all it wasn't Madrid doing it directly.

Sacking someone before looking for a replacement is retarded even if it is whats considered the right thing to do.

All going to plan for Spurs then, thats what happens when you have a footballing person running the club.  O0

Have you missed the bit where we've sacked 3 managers around this time in the last decade? replacing the last one with Souness after being turned down by Allaryce, McClaren and Steve Bruce?

Like I've said, Spurs deny it and this time next week it'll be forgotten, I'd be more worried if they did get Ramos tbh.

why would you be worried ?

UV - Ideally it would have been done in the Summer like Chelsea and Liverpool did with their current managers but you should definitely have someone in place ready to take over, certainly better than sacking someone to find out the only replacement is Souness.

So what happens when the first manager you approach knocks you back and tells his mates in the press about it? The current manager is left in an untenable position, knowing he could be replaced at any time. The club would (rightly) be a laughing stock and a source of constant speculation.

That's unlikely to happen, it's believed that players get tapped up all of the time but how often do you hear of someone blabbing to the press?

The way you would go about it is to get a 3rd party to approach the agent of the manager and ask him if he would be interested in the job, if he is then move it from there but if not and for some reason he did go to the press then deny all knowledge like Madrid do when they get accused of it, after all it wasn't Madrid doing it directly.

Sacking someone before looking for a replacement is retarded even if it is whats considered the right thing to do.

All going to plan for Spurs then, thats what happens when you have a footballing person running the club.  O0

Have you missed the bit where we've sacked 3 managers around this time in the last decade? replacing the last one with Souness after being turned down by Allaryce, McClaren and Steve Bruce?

Like I've said, Spurs deny it and this time next week it'll be forgotten, I'd be more worried if they did get Ramos tbh.

Because Ramos is a far better coach than Jol, he has the potential to make them a much stronger unit and help Spurs pull away from us further.

Add to that I'd be jealous as he's got Sevilla playing top quality football to watch where as we've got Allardyce and his long balls.

Because Ramos is a far better coach than Jol, he has the potential to make them a much stronger unit and help Spurs pull away from us further.

Add to that I'd be jealous as he's got Sevilla playing top quality football to watch where as we've got Allardyce and his long balls.

Whereas Jol has built his team to finish 5th the last two seasons, have decent cup runs, and generally carry them forward.  Ramos hasn't even coached in the Prem, would take a while to settle and if he's turned it down, I doubt he's up for it anyway. 

If I was a yid, I'd want to stick with Jol at least the remainder of the season.  3 games in and it's not like they're miles behind Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal? 

The Allardyce dig isn't worth comment. 

Whereas Jol has built his team to finish 5th the last two seasons, have decent cup runs, and generally carry them forward.  Ramos hasn't even coached in the Prem, would take a while to settle and if he's turned it down, I doubt he's up for it anyway. 

If I was a yid, I'd want to stick with Jol at least the remainder of the season.  3 games in and it's not like they're miles behind Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal? 

Jol is a poor coach tactically, the players have been signed by someone else so he's basically coached them to 5th but when you look at the players in their squad 5th should be a minimum anyway, there's always the risk Ramos won't adapt but that risk is there even if managers change clubs in this country anyway.

He's turned it down but Jol is a dead man walking, Spurs obviously feel he's taken them as far as he can so are looking to bring someone in better, fair play to them and better than waiting until they go backwards.

I think they will end up with Fabio Capello.

Jol is a poor coach tactically, the players have been signed by someone else so he's basically coached them to 5th but when you look at the players in their squad 5th should be a minimum anyway, there's always the risk Ramos won't adapt but that risk is there even if managers change clubs in this country anyway.

He's turned it down but Jol is a dead man walking, Spurs obviously feel he's taken them as far as he can so are looking to bring someone in better, fair play to them and better than waiting until they go backwards.

Coaching them to 5th two successive season's isn't worth the remainder of the season?  What's that say to a new manager coming in.  "You've only got so long, mate, then you're out". 

Coaching them to 5th two successive season's isn't worth the remainder of the season?  What's that say to a new manager coming in.  "You've only got so long, mate, then you're out". 

Sir Bobby came 4th, 3rd and 5th but he wasn't worth the remainder of the season either, in fact Shepherd's (and Levy's) mistake was not getting rid in the summer if you can get someone better, if you want to improve then sometimes you have to make harsh decisions like this.

Sir Bobby came 4th, 3rd and 5th but he wasn't worth the remainder of the season either, in fact Shepherd's (and Levy's) mistake was not getting rid in the summer if you can get someone better, if you want to improve then sometimes you have to make harsh decisions like this.

so, how come such a good board like Spurs, with their organisation and "plan", make such a crass error just like the fat useless pie eating knacker Shepherd ?

so, how come such a good board like Spurs, with their organisation and "plan", make such a crass error just like the fat useless pie eating knacker Shepherd ?

How have they made the error?

Spurs are looking to improve on what they've got and got found out sniffing around a top manager, Jol is still there at this point in time but ideally they should have got rid of him in the summer, imo of course, that's if they want to keep on improving as I don't think he's good enough to crack the top 4.

We on the other hand sat back while the club went backwards, told the manager he would be out at the end of the season and interfered in his transfer business (selling Speed, refusing to sign Carrick in favour of Butt etc according to SBR's book) we then sacked him without anyone to come in, we then get refused by Allardyce and Bruce (confirmed by both) and have to settle for Graeme Souness.

Apart from the timing, both things are miles apart.

And we've improved leaps and bounds.  :thup: 

You're losing credit, mate, with each post you make. 

The Tottenham board are, apparently, all big time Spur fans and they actually believe all the hype about their players. We had KD on here claiming that Spurs player-for-player had a better squad than Arsenal.  :lol:

Idiots. They finish fifth two seasons in a row and they suddenly think that they should've finished third or fourth, but the manager had let them down.  :frantic:

Spurs are looking to improve on what they've got and got found out sniffing around a top manager, Jol is still there at this point in time but ideally they should have got rid of him in the summer, imo of course, that's if they want to keep on improving as I don't think he's good enough to crack the top 4.

We on the other hand sat back while the club went backwards, told the manager he would be out at the end of the season and interfered in his transfer business (selling Speed, refusing to sign Carrick in favour of Butt etc according to SBR's book) we then sacked him without anyone to come in, we then get refused by Allardyce and Bruce (confirmed by both) and have to settle for Graeme Souness.

I was thinking more of Bobby Robson replacing Gullit, and to a lesser degree Gullit replacing Dalglish, both also only a few games into the season.

Who mentioned timing ?

As you said, sometimes these decisions must be made.

How?

Moving Sir Bobby on wasn't a mistake, replacing him with Souness was.

Look at Liverpool that summer, they had a more successful manager for them in Houllier but the time was right to make the step up which they did.

I was thinking more of Bobby Robson replacing Gullit, and to a lesser degree Gullit replacing Dalglish, both also only a few games into the season.

Who mentioned timing ?

You're losing me here, mate.

Bobby replacing Gullit was the right thing to do (even though Gullit officially resigned) so was Gullit replacing Dalglish, I don't see anyone moaning at the board for either tbh.

How?

Moving Sir Bobby on wasn't a mistake, replacing him with Souness was.

Look at Liverpool that summer, they had a more successful manager for them in Houllier but the time was right to make the step up which they did.

Alright, I was being a bit harsh.  Sarry.

I just didn't see how us firing Sir Bobby at the time we did and Spurs getting rid of Jol had any relation. 

Now is not the time for Spurs to be getting rid of Jol.  You're right in the fact they should have done it before the league kicked off.  The players they have on the pitch should have won at least two of their first three games.  They took the Mackems too lightly, that's all.  Apart from Jol putting on the cleats, what else could he have done? 

Who mentioned timing ?

You're losing me here, mate.

Bobby replacing Gullit was the right thing to do (even though Gullit officially resigned) so was Gullit replacing Dalglish, I don't see anyone moaning at the board for either tbh.

No, I agree with you, these things sometimes have to be done, and a chairman sacking a manager a few games isn't necessarily the sign that he is an incompetent, fat, pie eating bastard, and he's doing it because he has a plan.  I'm sure you see my point.

Finishing 5th is hardly an achievement when you've spent twice as much as everybody outside the top 4 clubs. The board backed him last summer yet he managed to finish further away from the top 4 than the previous season and it doesnt look like he's improved the squad this season either.

Can anyone explain what Martin Jol is actually good at that makes people rate him because as far as i can see it's not squad building, tactics, substitutions or man management.

Finishing 5th is hardly an achievement when you've spent twice as much as everybody outside the top 4 clubs. The board backed him last summer yet he managed to finish further away from the top 4 than the previous season and it doesnt look like he's improved the squad this season either.

Can anyone explain what Martin Jol is actually good at that makes people rate him because as far as i can see it's not squad building, tactics, substitutions or man management.

We spent money too! 

I guess my main argument is that it seems a silly time to replace him.  Why I am arguing about a team I can't stand is another issue altogether.  I'm done.

Fuck Spurs!