A Good Offer?

Crumpy Gunt

I have been trying to work it out. 

It is basically a 10 month interest free offer so divide the cost of your ticket by 10 and that is what you pay between now and May next year.

If we have a good run in the League cup this season we could get about 6 free home games, value approx £120, add that to 3 - 4 in the FA CUp and that could be an extra £80 worth of tickets.  Next season could be a different story if we qualify for the UEFA Cup.  Add those matches to the League and FA cup and we could get nearer £300 of free games.

This all depends on whether you go to every home cup game already and pay for the privilidge, not every season ticket holder does of course!! 

EDIT: Just noticed it says "a seat for every home cup game".  Not necessarily your own????

Very tempting, although it's come at a bad time for me personally.

It would be around £50 a month from now until August for my seat and I do go to every cup game, but it's a gamble like others have said because home cup matches aren't always a given.

It is basically a 10 month interest free offer so divide the cost of your ticket by 10 and that is what you pay between now and May next year.

If we have a good run in the League cup this season we could get about 6 free home games, value approx £120, add that to 3 - 4 in the FA CUp and that could be an extra £80 worth of tickets.  Next season could be a different story if we qualify for the UEFA Cup.  Add those matches to the League and FA cup and we could get nearer £300 of free games.

This all depends on whether you go to every home cup game already and pay for the privilidge, not every season ticket holder does of course!! 

EDIT: Just noticed it says "a seat for every home cup game".  Not necessarily your own????

"Please note, as usual, your own seat or area is not guaranteed and the Club reserves the right to re-allocate you with a reasonable alternative should it wish to do so."

By the way, those sums are extremely optimistic.

Let's say we get 3 home games in the domestic cups in each of the next two seasons as a more "realistic" benchmark.

That's still going to be around £100 of football for nothing, which ain't half bad.

6 home games in the league cup and 3 or 4 in the FA Cup?

Guest fraser

The interest free thing amuses me. Of course it's interest free because we're being asked to pay in advance. The sole benefit is that you may watch a free match if we don't get knocked out of the cup competitions. The only guaranteed benefit is the Barnsley match. Meanwhile NUFC can bank the money and earn interest on it.

Why not save the money monthly in an interest bearing account?

The interest free thing amuses me. Of course it's interest free because we're being asked to pay in advance. The sole benefit is that you may watch a free match if we don't get knocked out of the cup competitions. The only guaranteed benefit is the Barnsley match. Meanwhile NUFC can bank the money and earn interest on it.

Spoilsport. :knuppel2:

Tempted by this, thinking of going to pick up the forms at the box office tomorrow.

Because even if you only get one league cup game this season and one FA Cup game, same for next season (If I've read it right and you get this season and next seasons cup games) means you save £60 on tickets. Chances are slim that we don't get at least 1 match in each competition. Saving £50 a month means you'll probably get about £2-3 interest in those 10 months.

Because even if you only get one league cup game this season and one FA Cup game, same for next season (If I've read it right and you get this season and next seasons cup games) means you save £60 on tickets. Chances are slim that we don't get at least 1 match in each competition. Saving £50 a month means you'll probably get about £2-3 interest in those 10 months.

Remember you aren't garunteed an FA Cup match this year or anything next year as their is a chance we could be away from home.

Remember you aren't garunteed an FA Cup match this year or anything next year as their is a chance we could be away from home.

I didn't say it was  guaranteed I said chances are slim we won't get at least 1 game in each comp at home next season. How many times has it happened in the last 10 years where we havn't had at least one game in each cup comp at home ?

So basically, if i bought my season ticket for next season now, i would get free tickets to every cup game for the next 2 seasons? There must be a catch!

Also would be interested to see how they work the points and stuff

Guest fraser

I don't disagree with you; it is possible that there will be a net gain. What I'm saying is that only one match is guaranteed, we will be paying in advance for the season ticket (if it were a car and you paid Patterson in the coming year for a Fiesta you would get once you'd finished paying next year, could that be described as an interest free loan?) and NUFC will be earning interest on your speculation.