A Good Offer?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest thenorthumbrian

Out of interest, does anybody know why they're doing this?

It sounds like they are struggling to get rid of tickets.

The days of a waiting list are long gone, thats what 4 years of mediocrity does.

Guest The Bort

Out of interest, does anybody know why they're doing this?

It sounds like they are struggling to get rid of tickets.

The days of a waiting list are long gone, thats what 4 years of mediocrity does.

FTM - Free Ticket Mags

Please note, as usual, your own seat or area is not guaranteed and the Club reserves the right to re-allocate you with a reasonable alternative should it wish to do so.

But most likely they'll just add it onto your swipecard. Certainly those of us in the cheap seats should be OK.

Please note, as usual, your own seat or area is not guaranteed and the Club reserves the right to re-allocate you with a reasonable alternative should it wish to do so.

But most likely they'll just add it onto your swipecard. Certainly those of us in the cheap seats should be OK.

Aye, probably means those in L7 near the away fans when they bring a bigger allocation.

They have realised that it isnt going to be cut and dried that every match is going to be a sell out unless things improve on the last few years,we could possibly have another season of mediocracy,,god forbid...The people they employ to put bums on seats have had a meeting and come up with this little chestnut....good offer but a gamble...who knows ..the choice is yours...you decide.....

Guest Toon Barmy

Can't see why people are grumbling.  This is an OFFER, not a requirement.

You can

1) pay for your season ticket as you would normally

2) start putting £40 a month away until May and collect the interest, then buy your ticket

3) use the interest free system now and get any FREE games in the league, fa, intertoto, or euafa cup games that we may or may not get at home over the next 2 seasons.

The interest free is a new thing and the club should be commended for giving something back.  It's also good to see that the increases next year will be fixed until 2009.

Right now it looks like its a 7% rise for next season on a Leazes ticket for example. Roughly thats £1.70 a game. Allowing for the expectation that prices would go up a bit to say £500 for next year it looks like a good offer based on just the Barnsley game. So a pound a game rise for next season and one 'free' game thrown in.

The down side is the payment up front. Stumping up this cash asap may be completely out of reach for some and for those that can there would be some small loss of interest . This though would be fairly minimal even at a decent rate of 5% would possibly get you £25 in 12 months. This would be lessened by using the instalment deal to maybe half. Lets call that the price of another game in the cup (which isn't guarenteed).

In the clubs benefit is the possibility that we did a 'Leeds' and the company changed hands the new owner may not be oblidged to honour any previous agreements for pre-payments. But we might need a lawyer to give us some options on that.

While it seems too tempting, it makes good sense to the 23,000 approx currently on the DD scheme assuming they can afford to pay for 2 seasons worth of tickets in a 12 month period.

It's a great deal. They're only getting the money they would eventually get off me anyway, but now I'll get free cup tickets.

If I whack the whole lot on the Barclaycard, I'll not pay any interest on it. (0% for season tickets for anyone who didn't already know) :lol:

Result.  O0

Guest unrealterrorist

It's a great deal. They're only getting the money they would eventually get off me anyway, but now I'll get free cup tickets.

If I whack the whole lot on the Barclaycard, I'll not pay any interest on it. (0% for season tickets for anyone who didn't already know) :lol:

Result.  O0

Nice one i didnt know now thats a bonus

Has anyone considered the fact that we might get drawn to play away in every cup game next season? :laugh:

Still, even if that happens, you won't lose a thing because the cost will be equivalent to paying for two season tickets.

I think this is a smart idea to try and get more people to show up at our home cup matches, whether they're against Barnsley or whoever. It's a good scheme which will hopefully make the atmosphere at our home matches better.

the price rises are for this year as well, season tickets went up in price twice this season.

so, whether you buy your ticket now or in 10 months time you will be paying at least the current price, quite possibly more.

I already put the money into a savings account and don't earn anywhere near £15 pound in interest a year. so, I will be one of the ones who signs up to this deal.

I was going to go to the Barnsley match anyway, however I tend to take a couple of other people to cup matches, so it will be interesting to see if I can swap seats for cup matches.

Result.  O0

ive got a barclaycard and i have to pay interest on my season ticket!

Result.  O0

ive got a barclaycard and i have to pay interest on my season ticket!

Must be a Beckett rate. Serously though, give them a ring; you shouldn't pay interest.

http://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/card-details/index.php?previous_page_id=34&link_type=BD

Not availiable to students, apparently.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8792/barclaycardkf5.th.jpg

Guest prudmag

you need a barclaycard premiership card to get 0%/just been to ticket office this morning to pay for my 3 season tickets in 1 go.its 0% for life of balance.keep things simple by not using the card for owt else cos its gets a bit complicated then.

Gone for it.

Wor lass currently unemployed so this offer makes it easier to pay for next seasons ticket. I'd buy a season ticket next season anyway, funds allowing. Usually pay to go to most home cup ties too, so any i get for free is a bonus.

Got nowt to lose doing it this way in my opinion.

If we're not playing too well by the January transfer window the club will have no excuse for not trying to strengthen the side, because they'll have banked a lot of money that they wouldn't usually have at that time of year.

mayhem in the East stand (probably other areas as well) last night, season ticket holders who had taken up the offer found people sat in their seats with valid tickets.

Stewards didn't have a clue what to do about it, people ended up just trying to find empty seats at kick off.

mayhem in the East stand (probably other areas as well) last night, season ticket holders who had taken up the offer found people sat in their seats with valid tickets.

Stewards didn't have a clue what to do about it, people ended up just trying to find empty seats at kick off.

Aye, happened in the Gallowgate as well. Just presumed I had my usual seat.

• 1 month later...

Phoned them up over a month ago - nearly two months ago? - to buy next season's ticket now. I only agreed to get it because they said I could pay the whole lot in one go on my Barclaycard.

Turns out they've only took the deposit off my Barclaycard, and have now sent me a letter demanding that I fill in a Direct Debit form.

Utter muppets.  :rant: Tempted to tell them to stick their ticket up their arse.