Campo: we miss Big Sam

TRon

From today's Mirror.

Campo: We miss Sam

Exclusive by Martin Lipton 24/08/2007

Ivan Campo last night placed an incendiary device under troubled Bolton boss Sammy Lee as he claimed the club is heading for relegation unless things change soon.

The Spanish midfielder, virtually an ever-present since joining from Real Madrid four years ago, has found himself in the wilderness this season.

"Everybody misses Sam Allardyce," said Campo, 33, who has watched Lee's side plunge to the foot of the Premier League after three straight losses, wondering where the spirit and belief of Allardyce's team has gone.

Campo said: "The team is not well. We've lost three matches and it seems to me there is a very sad atmosphere in the dressing room.

"As players, we have to share the responsibility with the staff. but we've changed things so dramatically overnight. That was always going to be a gamble, especially when you change such an experienced coach for somebody who has always been a No.2.

"In an ideal world, everybody would have to give Sammy Lee time and everybody would have to be patient. But we do not have any time. The next two games are very important. If we don't come up with six points, we're in serious trouble."

:laugh:

Little Sam - "It's all big Sam's fault". (Basically)

Link

"When you try and implement change and that change doesn't manifest itself in results people start to question you.

"But changes needed to be made because I identified there was a problem when we got 69 per cent of our points last season before Christmas.

"I thought we were in a comfort zone and needed to change. It helps if you get results but I would like people to know this malaise has been around for some considerable time - since the turn of the year to be precise."