Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

He is in a good position for the second goal but then starts spinning around randomly and Carrick plays the ball in immediately he does this.

The last goal Taylor is doing what he does best, by marking space.

Pathetic.

What the fuck was he doing for thier 3rd goal, pathetic !!

I'm not normally a one to critisise him but that was fucking shite.

Certainly was.  Couldn't help feeling at the time though his main mistake was not pushing up and playing offside with the rest of the back 4, and the fuck up that followed was as a result of not knowing how to put it right.  I haven't seen it on TV though.  Terrible attempt at doing that mind.

That said though he wasn't particularly worse than Butt, Barton Milner, Duff, N'Zogbia Owen and Smith.

No, they weren't. N'Zogbia came jogging back to his position whenever we lost possession, and didn't even try to defend for the entire 1st half, which, as a defender, is his bloody job. You may blame Keegan for using him out of position, but N'Zogbia has the blame for not trying to do his job properly.

No, they weren't. N'Zogbia came jogging back to his position whenever we lost possession, and didn't even try to defend for the entire 1st half, which, as a defender, is his bloody job. You may blame Keegan for using him out of position, but N'Zogbia has the blame for not trying to do his job properly.

N'Zogbia made one big mistake in the first half.  Duff didn't contribute defending or going forward today, leaving N'Zogbia doing two jobs again.  Its no coincidence that N'Zogbia has become a poorer player with that waste of space in front of him.  He now pretty much does all of the attacking and defending on our left hand side

N'Zogbia made one big mistake in the first half.  Duff didn't contribute defending or going forward today, leaving N'Zogbia doing two jobs again.  Its no coincidence that N'Zogbia has become a poorer player with that waste of space in front of him.  He now pretty much does all of the attacking and defending on our left hand side

Agreed.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by pointing out other players who had poor games in a thread about Taylor tbh.

Just trying to point out that he certainly wasn't the only one who was poor today, and he certainly wasn't the worst.

But I guess you knew that really.

You mean you were trying to shift some of the criticism on to other players.

Still, I'm sure John Terry was spinning around like a dull cunt when he was 22.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by pointing out other players who had poor games in a thread about Taylor tbh.

Just trying to point out that he certainly wasn't the only one who was poor today, and he certainly wasn't the worst.

Spot on, thats exactly what I was doing and is my point entirely.  Others were worse than Taylor.

Nah Terry wasn't spinning round like a dull cunt, he was an England regular by then wasn't he O0

Spot on, thats exactly what I was doing and is my point entirely.  Others were worse than Taylor.

Nah Terry wasn't spinning round like a dull cunt, he was an England regular by then wasn't he O0

Well he'd started 5 games in a row for them including 3 in Euro 2004 qualifiers so yes, that to me is someone who's become a regular in the National team.

Not that I want to upset the fan boys with facts or anything.

I never saw the game but I guess Taylor has had a cow of a game, he's young, it happens.  I would also think that when your team loses 5-1 at home it's fair to assume that there were more players playing s*** than just Taylor.  But, as you say, this is Taylor's thread and apportioning blame should be in the post match thread.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

is he as good as people think - no

is he ever going to be as good as people think - no

is he better than the other shite in the squad - probably

would you rather have bramble, dabizas, o'brien, marcelino, ramage insted - fuk no

we have to accept the lad is here, and hes going to make mistakes, but some of the abuse is a bit too strong

Well he'd started 5 games in a row for them including 3 in Euro 2004 qualifiers so yes, that to me is someone who's become a regular in the National team.

When they weren't picking Ferdinand for missing a drugs test you mean?  5 caps by the time he turned 23 = England regular.  Still don't see what Taylor's performance today has to do with him though.  All I've said in the past is Terry certainly wasn't the finished article then. 

I've told you why I was mentioning other players quite legitamately, because others were worse.  Taylor was poor today I've said that already.

Nice one with the fan boy comment as well, I'll resist the temptation to get personal.

Taylor was absolute rubbish today, but he wasn't alone. In fact, I think the first four goals we conceded really demostrated our defensive difficulties

First: Poor marking (individual concentration collapse)

Second: Not working as a unit (no communication)

Third: Rash tackle that missed player and ball (individual mistakes)

Four: Sloppy clearances and no pressure (poor communication and poor tactics/player instructions)

When they weren't picking Ferdinand for missing a drugs test you mean?  5 caps by the time he turned 23 = England regular.  Still don't see what Taylor's performance today has to do with him though.  All I've said in the past is Terry certainly wasn't the finished article then. 

I've told you why I was mentioning other players quite legitamately, because others were worse.  Taylor was poor today I've said that already.

Nice one with the fan boy comment as well, I'll resist the temptation to get personal.

If anyone started 5 games in a row for England including 3 Euro qualifiers then I'd class them as becoming a regular wouldn't you?

He partnered Ferdinand in the first of the 5 so there's no saying he would have lost his place, and all before he was 23 too. :smug:

You said Terry was average which is bollocks, keep digging though.