Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

Guest Milburnthedog

Agree he makes mistakes but he's young enough to learn and, no, I wouldn't sell him. If he hasn't reached potential be, say, 24-25 then if the right offer came along, I would then.

Well if clubs are being quoted £10m for Curtis and £15m for Micah, this might be the time.....But we would need to get another CD in. I'd like to see Capcpa and Roze build a partnership in the middle. But I wouldn't sell him for £6-7m no.

we are stupid if we sell.

i agree he shoud maybe be dropped to make way for cacapa as he has had a bit of a dodgy start to the season, but no way should we sell.

he's young and inexperienced, mistakes happen.

Can't understand the negativity towards the lad.

I saw a comment yesterday about him not being as good as Cacapa - well of course he isn't - he is 21 and still learning whilst Cacapa is in his 30s and has captained a successful team for a number of years.

Considering all the problems over the years with our defence, it is amazing that we have a young lad who is considered to have the potential to play for England.  He may not be there yet but at least we are now getting in the experienced defenders and creating a good environment from which he can learn and hopefully develop.  If there has been no further improvement in a couple of years then maybe that will be the time to consider selling.

It is also very telling that the clubs who have been reportedly interested in him in the last couple of years are all better than us ie. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs.  If that is true, that tells me that they think we have a got a player with great potentlal here and we should do all we can to keep him.

No way we'd sell given how short we are at the back.

I don't think SA would sell if there wasn't another CD earmarked to come in.

Taylor is a good player and will get better but £10m and I'd let him go. YOu're only selling potential and not the finished product. Use a fair chunk of the money to get the finished product in....Europe is swimming with better CD's than Taylor.

No way. Future England regular.

We've not had a player through the ranks as good as him for ages. Would send the wrong message too imo.

:idiot2:

Guest teepee

no way - i like him as a player and his commitment.

and he will get much better over the next years. the only worry i have is how to accomodate him, cacapa and rozenhal when they are all fit.

Guest Brazilianbob

No way we'd sell given how short we are at the back.

I don't think SA would sell if there wasn't another CD earmarked to come in.

Taylor is a good player and will get better but £10m and I'd let him go. YOu're only selling potential and not the finished product. Use a fair chunk of the money to get the finished product in....Europe is swimming with better CD's than Taylor.

Your mate in Liverpool is on crack

Aren't they all?

No way. Future England player.

We've not had a player through the ranks as good as him for ages. Would send the wrong message too imo.

:idiot2:

Fixed his post. Now you can get rid of that smiley.

Liverpool had a £5m bid/inquiry knocked back before he even played a game for Newcastle.

The fee now would have to be beyond £15m, i doubt Liverpool have that kind of cash lying about to throw at a young defender.

Sounds a crazy fee, but if Davies is worth £10m, then we should be looking at double that due to our EPL status, him being home grown and also being a better talent now, and a bigger potential.

He has his faults, but its quite clear he'll be a class act for many years to come, selling him would be a travesty, i don't think the club will ever do it unless his potential hits a brick wall like Aaron Hughes.