Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

Defence is poorly drilled right now and confidence is that shattered that individual defenders are less likely to know how to handle any given situation.  And thus will make stupid mistakes, esp. if trying to impress, ironically enough.

Don't think Taylor's going backwards, he's just going through the ups and downs that many younger players go through.  Terry had world class players around him when he hit similar veins of form; Taylor doesn't have that.  I'd give the lad a break for this season unless you'd prefer he sodded off to Spurs or the like, and then moan about him strangely improving.

If you think Spurs or the like are going to headhunt Taylor you must be off your rocker. Ramos bought Woodgate to mark players not run to the goal line to make last-ditch clearances, or clutch his gut to to try and con the ref he didn't handle on the line.

Yeah, no other club has ever shown an interest in buying Steven Taylor.  Of course.

Only Liverpool on several occasions, of course he's not good enough for this magnificent club.

If Liverpool or Spurs buy him you can bump this post and tell us we were all wrong.

This team/squad and club is rotten to the core, yet the stand out target is a lad who loves the club more than any other players currently in a B&W shirt, i love it i really do.

He's not performing in a mess of a 1st team and because of that he's now not going to make it, doomed to fail.

Possibly correct if he hangs around this shithole, its dragging him down, if i were him i'd hand in my transfer request and get as far away from this shambles as i possibly could.

The club is letting him down more than he's letting the club down.

I don't care if he loves the club. He isn't good enough to be playing in the team right now.

Yet he is, due to this idea he is a young prospect and a local lad who loves the club and is committed to it nonsense.

The guy isn't good enough, and the more he plays and the more it costs us, the angrier I get. Nothing personal, but the simple fact is that I know we can put out a better defensive unit that doesn't include him.

Like the Brazilian Clown? Yeah lets whack him in the side, so much better.

Fact is the whole squad isn't good enough for the club, Taylor due to his age shouldn't have to be doing all the work at the back, having to rely on him, but we are and he's failing, not his fault he's surrounded by amateurs.

Do you not think Taylor's age being used to explain his shortcomings should be balanced against all the first team starts he now has? 100+ in competitive games iirc.

Defence is poorly drilled right now and confidence is that shattered that individual defenders are less likely to know how to handle any given situation.  And thus will make stupid mistakes, esp. if trying to impress, ironically enough.

Don't think Taylor's going backwards, he's just going through the ups and downs that many younger players go through.  Terry had world class players around him when he hit similar veins of form; Taylor doesn't have that.  I'd give the lad a break for this season unless you'd prefer he sodded off to Spurs or the like, and then moan about him strangely improving.

If you think Spurs or the like are going to headhunt Taylor you must be off your rocker. Ramos bought Woodgate to mark players not run to the goal line to make last-ditch clearances, or clutch his gut to to try and con the ref he didn't handle on the line.

Yeah, no other club has ever shown an interest in buying Steven Taylor.  Of course.

Only Liverpool on several occasions, of course he's not good enough for this magnificent club.

Good. Hope they buy him.

So do I for his sake.

So do I. For NUFC's sake. He'd do better in a better side no doubt, initially anyway. But he'd get found out soon enough.

NUFC have hampered his career. Sure they gave him his break, but after that they've stopped his development with poor coaching, no role models for him, poor on pitch performances and a host of managerial changes.

Continuity breeds success everyone was shouting before SA was sacked, does that not count in this case, only when looking for a weak reason to defend a s*** managers poor efforts?

Life isn't perfect! He should have raised his game or worked harder to make the most of an opportunity where he was forced into the first team. If he did work his hardest and this is the result then he isn't good enough.

Yes you can say the club let him down and that is fair enough. If this is indeed the case and it has resulted in him being the player he is now then I apologize to you on behalf of the club. Just get him the hell out of the first team, as he's not helping our cause one bit and others will do better.

Do you not think Taylor's age being used to explain his shortcomings should be balanced against all the first team starts he now has? 100+ in competitive games iirc.

Again that just shows our over reliance on a young defender.

Shows how shit we really are. When you having to play someone so young (and a defenders greatest asset is his experience) for so long and so frequent while playing poorly reflects more on the club than it does him.

Good. Hope they buy him.

So do I for his sake.

So do I. For NUFC's sake. He'd do better in a better side no doubt, initially anyway. But he'd get found out soon enough.

NUFC have hampered his career. Sure they gave him his break, but after that they've stopped his development with poor coaching, no role models for him, poor on pitch performances and a host of managerial changes.

Continuity breeds success everyone was shouting before SA was sacked, does that not count in this case, only when looking for a weak reason to defend a s*** managers poor efforts?

Life isn't perfect! He should have raised his game or worked harder to make the most of an opportunity where he was forced into the first team. If he did work his hardest and this is the result then he isn't good enough.

Yes you can say the club let him down and that is fair enough. If this is indeed the case and it has resulted in him being the player he is now then I apologize to you on behalf of the club. Just get him the hell out of the first team, as he's not helping our cause one bit and others will do better.

You know for a fact it is.

Taylor would be twice the player he is now if he came through manu or Arsenals ranks.

Shows how shit we really are. When you having to play someone so young (and a defenders greatest asset is his experience) for so long and so frequent while playing poorly reflects more on the club than it does him.

Another excuse tbh. He should have learned a hell of a lot and progressed during that time. He hasn't. And he's got a lot of experience.

Good. Hope they buy him.

So do I for his sake.

You know for a fact it is.

Taylor would be twice the player he is now if he came through manu or Arsenals ranks.

He wouldn't. As he wouldn't be getting a game.

I still want to know what stand out attributes Taylor has that means he should be in the first team.

And not just someone going oh he's better than that donkey from Brazil etc

Quite. What is he good at?

I still want to know what stand out attributes Taylor has that means he should be in the first team.

Pointing at others and he does manage to stay on the line more than our keepers.

Another excuse tbh. He should have learned a hell of a lot and progressed during that time. He hasn't. And he's got a lot of experience.

He's never experienced playing in a decent side, and it tells.

What about say someone like Richards? Who last season had been playing in awful Man City sides, yet was still showing his ability?

That's another excuse imo. He would probably have benefitted from playing alongside a Campbell-type CB, I accept that. But I don't see how that would have improved him that much. What other players get the same excuses made for them though? It's never his fault in the eyes of his fans. It's always the midfield in front of him, the bloke alongside him etc.

If Liverpool or Spurs buy him you can bump this post and tell us we were all wrong.

This team/squad and club is rotten to the core, yet the stand out target is a lad who loves the club more than any other players currently in a B&W shirt, i love it i really do.

He's not performing in a mess of a 1st team and because of that he's now not going to make it, doomed to fail.

Possibly correct if he hangs around this shithole, its dragging him down, if i were him i'd hand in my transfer request and get as far away from this shambles as i possibly could.

The club is letting him down more than he's letting the club down.

I don't care if he loves the club. He isn't good enough to be playing in the team right now.

Yet he is, due to this idea he is a young prospect and a local lad who loves the club and is committed to it nonsense.

The guy isn't good enough, and the more he plays and the more it costs us, the angrier I get. Nothing personal, but the simple fact is that I know we can put out a better defensive unit that doesn't include him.

Like the Brazilian Clown? Yeah lets whack him in the side, so much better.

Fact is the whole squad isn't good enough for the club, Taylor due to his age shouldn't have to be doing all the work at the back, having to rely on him, but we are and he's failing, not his fault he's surrounded by amateurs.

Doing all the work???

Father, Lord in Heaven give me strength I plead of thee!

Everytime Taylor and cacapa have played alongside each other I only see Cacapa "doing all the work". Cacapa is making interceptions, tackling and actually marking people as opposed to space, before becoming overwhelmed due to the lack of support from Taylor.

Put Cacapa alongside Faye and I have no doubt we will be much better defensively. Faye will make up for Cacapa's lack of strength, and although we will be a bit slow in centreal defence, I honestly don't think Taylor adds any more pace anyway.

How many times have Cacapa and Faye lined up together? How did we do in those games? Can someone please investigate this. A bit difficult for me to do right now.

That's another excuse imo. He would probably have benefitted from playing alongside a Campbell-type CB, I accept that. But I don't see how that would have improved him that much. What other players get the same excuses made for them though? It's never his fault in the eyes of his fans. It's always the midfield in front of him, the bloke alongside him etc.

If you that desperate to get rid of him, which players would you get rid of before him?

Is he number one? 2 3 4 7?

What about say someone like Richards? Who last season had been playing in awful Man City sides, yet was still showing his ability?

The same Richards who should of conceded two pens in one match last night? The same Richards who's looked better for England than Citeh this season?

The same Richards who should of conceded two pens in one match last night? The same Richards who's looked better for England than Citeh this season?

Fancy that he had one bad game. You're completely ignoring my point about last season as well. Congratulations.

If you that desperate to get rid of him, which players would you get rid of before him?

Changing tack now I see. I'd be happy to let him go for good money, I'd be happy for him to stay (in the short-term, i.e. next season) if he's number 4 CB.

Changing tack now I see. I'd be happy to let him go for good money, I'd be happy for him to stay (in the short-term, i.e. next season) if he's number 4 CB.

Good money for a shit player? So £1m if that since he's that shite and has no redeeming qualities as a defender. You be happy with that?

Conning a lot of punters with his badge kissing spin I think.

Allardyce showed good management by not falling for the sentimental crap and standing up to his dad's ridiculous newspaper outburst.

Imagine if we had given the huge contract his father thinks he's worth - to someone who quite frankly is no better than Ben Clark at Hartlepool and realistically should be nowhere near our first team.

Fancy that he had one bad game. You're completely ignoring my point about last season as well. Congratulations.

You are comparing Taylor to England's hottest defensive prospect, yet people get ridiculed for comparing Taylor to Terry.

Jesus wept tbh.

You are comparing Taylor to England's hottest defensive prospect, yet people get ridiculed for comparing Taylor to Terry.

Jesus wept tbh.

No. I was going an example of a defender shining in a poor side.

You still haven't answered my question as well as to what he is actually good at.

All this crap about putting him alongside a better defender...if I just saw him doing the basics right I could go along with it. Defenders who don't mark won't look good next to anyone. Taylor's forte is waving his arms around and then standing in front of the goal trying to block incoming shots with his body or hands whichever it takes. He's bigger than Cacapa so at least that's something he does better.