Thanks for the memories Nobby

Dave

Guest optimistic nit

In the future, I hope people forget his weaknesses. I think they will, and in years to come, Nobby will be considered a cult figure of the 90's and 00's

to be honest apart from pace there was nothing obviously lacking from his game.

Really brings a downer to this transfer window, as good as it has been.

Just missed out on a testimonial too

The 10 years continuous service testimonial clock is reset if a player leaves i.e. going to Aston Villa for a season and a half.

I stand corrected, I assumed it was 10 years service in total, regardless of weather it was interrupted.

We've just lost the most technically gifted player in our squad, there's a reason why Maradona himself called him the Peruvian Maradona. He puts the ball into the box with such ease, love it when he crosses the ball with the outside of his boot so nonchalantly. More than the player, we'll be missing a real character and a player who bled black and white.

For all the positives of the transfer window, we are looking very short on the technical side, I fear we are fast becoming an all graft action sort of team and severly lack the "door openers" sort of players as Souness would put it.

Thank for the memories Nobby.

Free-kick goal against ManU, amazing solo effort against Munich 1860, wiping the tears from your eyes when we lost to Chelsea in the League Cup quarters due to a late JFH strike, side-footed goal against the Arse in 05 (Shearer assist), and a dozen other great moments I probably should have mentioned.

The bending effort against effort against Everton in 05/06 probably ranks up in one of my top five favourite goals in all honesty. It was Nobby down to a tee.

My all-time favourite player after Shearer. Wouldn't argue massively that it was time for him to go from a footballing perspective, given the other pieces of business this transfer window. But there was still a place in the squad for him, and from a sentimental point of view it's very sad. And i would have been much happier had he have gone back to Peru or something. But for him to stay in England, and go to that scum, it's heartbreaking to watch such a legend go like that.

Fare well and good luck Nobby. Love the guy to pieces.

He's gone and plays for another team

Give it a rest.

About time we adopted the Liverpool fans attitude - "What have you done for me lately"

Guest super_shay1

Crap now i look like even more of a tit with nobby 4 on the back of my shirt, but really thanks for everything nobby best of luck etc.

Nah, I got it too, and wouldn't even think that, am pleased i got nobby 4 on my shirt

Guest Knightrider

One of the best if not the best foreign players to have played for Newcastle, a player who will be missed and fondly remembered in years to come. Good luck to Nobby, a fantastic player for us and a top top bloke to boot who I'm sure will be back at United in some capacity sooner rather than never again.

I think people are selling him short by saying we wont miss him that much, I think we'll miss him hugely.

He was our only real creative player, it doesnt matter if hes 32 or 22 - he never had pace anyway.

Look at Smith on the right today - I know who'd id rather pay to see.

Guest Knightrider

We'll miss his personality, his technique and his experience, without a doubt, if not exactly his presence in the first-team.

Guest tuppence

You''ll be sorely missed, I'll always remember that volley that hit the bar against Inter, for the few moments i thought that was going in

He's gone and plays for another team

Give it a rest.

About time we adopted the Liverpool fans attitude - "What have you done for me lately"

Be quiet.

Nobby is and always will be a LEGEND at Newcastle, good luck to you son, hope it all goes well, and you are guarenteed a massive reception when you come back!!

Infact I say we start a petition for Nobby to become Sir Nobby ala Big Les