Do We Need Faye?

Kev

Why did we buy him for around £2million was it?

He can play at centre half when he have got Taylor Rozenhal Cacapa Edgar Ramage

Centre midfield when we have got far too many to start with!

Yes he could cover a centre half position if 2 of them were injured but £2million is a waste for someone to sit on the bench?

unless big sam will drop someone for him which i hope he doesnt! Cant drop roz cacapa taylor or any centre midfielder

Yes he could cover a centre half position if 2 of them were injured but £2million is a waste for someone to sit on the bench?

unless big sam will drop someone for him which i hope he doesnt! Cant drop roz cacapa taylor or any centre midfielder

Answered your own question there I think.

£2million out of the window now though for someone to sit on the bench! we couldve got someone for free to do that

£2million out of the window now though for someone to sit on the bench! we couldve got someone for free to do that

Yeah but they probably wouldn't be one of the prize assets of the team that finished 6th in the Premiership last time out.

Central defence, we have Cacapa, Rozenhal and Taylor who are good enough.

Defensive midfield, we have a relatively useful Butt, a can't-pass-no-pace-but-won't-get-dropped Geremi, and thats it, sin't it?

He's cover for both, but not a starter for me.

Aye hes not a starter so why wouldnt he want to stay at Bolton and play in europe? just because of big sam?

a) they're going down, or at least going to be lucky to keep their heads above water

b) Europe will involve one tie and they'll get their arse handed to them

Guest johnson293

Ramage is already out for best part of this season!

I thought Edgar was a full back, rather than centre half, and Sam hasn't really tried him yet, so probably preferred someone he knows, and knows his capabilites.

As also mentioned above, how long before the injuries kick in again? How much better off would we have been in the last couple of seasons, had we had the sort of strength in depth, in numerous positions, that we have now?

As long as he hasn't promised any of them a starting place, and their performances will help them keep their places, then healthy competition can only be a good thing?

Its called building a squad.

2 million in todays market isn't a great deal and we are getting a premiership experienced player who as you've outlined can operate at centre-back and central midfield.

Anyways at the moment i'd say he is better than taylor, edgar and ramage (who is out for most the season anyways), making him at least our 3rd best centreback.

2 million in todays market isn't a great deal and we are getting a premiership experienced player who as you've outlined can operate at centre-back and central midfield.

Anyways at the moment i'd say he is better than taylor, edgar and ramage (who is out for most the season anyways), making him at least our 3rd best centreback.

you're wrong about Taylor.

agree, lots of people on here are saying Taylor isnt very good

He will eventually brake into englands starting 11 within 2-3 seasons

also he is young and doesnt make many mistakes anymore

anyone actually watching Taylor play, on and off the ball, can see that he has removed a lot of the problems he caused himself in the past, even as recently as the start of last season. he's a first team starter for me, shoudl have been captain as well, above Geremi, who can't even be given the excuse of being new to the PL for soem of his dismal showings so far.

anyone actually watching Taylor play, on and off the ball, can see that he has removed a lot of the problems he caused himself in the past, even as recently as the start of last season. he's a first team starter for me, shoudl have been captain as well, above Geremi, who can't even be given the excuse of being new to the PL for soem of his dismal showings so far.

Come on...Taylor is OK but captain...Please he is JUST A KID you know...

Agree with Kev and Monkey. Taylor's a fantastic player, he doesn't make very many errors atm and will play for england soon. can't understand those that seem to love knocking him (after a reaction maybe/probably?).

I think Faye looks good too, i'm glad he's here and i'm glad we have good squad/competition for places. Sam's got it right.

Better - in my opinion - than the current captain. and in fact, the best option for captain we had apart from Lil' Mikey.

if he requires too many matches, and possibly expects to be in the starting lineup, then the answer is: No, we don't need him.

if he is happy to get a number of games in dm and cb without whining about not being first choice then i'm happy with him here.

Better - in my opinion - than the current captain. and in fact, the best option for captain we had apart from Lil' Mikey.

Personally i think Barton would make a good captain.