Do We Need Faye?

Kev

Faye is Butt's replacement imo and will play the majority of hands in midfield against the better teams, he will only cover CB in an emergency imo.

Taking up poker are we?  :lol:

Predictive text strikes!

Alot more dynamic than Butt, more athletic...I haven't seen Faye play much at all as a DM, how is his quality when it comes to passing? I know he's not like Xavi, but compared to Nicky Butt? Who imo misses quite a few simple passes.

Tsylor is the only CB so far this season to make a mistake that cost us, against boro. he isn't as good as faye, his positioning and reading of the game are quite poor, however his recovery, and heading are good. Faye is as good as taylor at heading recovering and tackling, and much better at positioning and reading of the game. He is a superior player at the minute to Taylor, however i do think that Taylor will be great one day, but at the moment taylor is our 4th choice centre back and definately not a captain.

Ouch, thats pretty wrong. imho.

Not really. Faye was leading CB last year for Bolton who finished 7th and conceded less goals than we did. i know taylor didn't play every game, and wasn't leading CB but even when he was in the team we conceded alot of goals.

Tsylor is the only CB so far this season to make a mistake that cost us, against boro. he isn't as good as faye, his positioning and reading of the game are quite poor, however his recovery, and heading are good. Faye is as good as taylor at heading recovering and tackling, and much better at positioning and reading of the game. He is a superior player at the minute to Taylor, however i do think that Taylor will be great one day, but at the moment taylor is our 4th choice centre back and definately not a captain.

Not really. Faye was leading CB last year for Bolton who finished 7th and conceded alot less goals than we did. i know taylor didn't play every game, and wasn't leading CB but even when he was in the team we conceded alot of goals.

Bolton conceded more than us in the league...

Not really. Faye was leading CB last year for Bolton who finished 7th and conceded alot less goals than we did. i know taylor didn't play every game, and wasn't leading CB but even when he was in the team we conceded alot of goals.

Bolton conceded more than us in the league...

surely not, we had titus in the team ffs, we were awful in defence.

Sam will be picking him in midfield instead of Butt, maybe not ATM but when Barton is fit, I expect him to pick the Skipper, Barton, Faye as his midfield 3. Cacapa Roz & Taylor have got the CB slots sorted, Faye may get picked as CB when Roz is out.

do we need faye?

no; not really. i'm sure he might go on to be a good addition to the squad but i'm sure our money would have been better used on a more attacking player.

Smith is the signing that I still can't understand. 4th choice striker at best, and not a midfielder in a million years.

disgraceful attitude.

no it isn't. it's a fair point. if everyone's fit would smith start in midfield or up front? of course he wouldn't. another good addition to the squad but did we really need him and was it worth spending that kind of money on a squad player?

Smith is the signing that I still can't understand. 4th choice striker at best, and not a midfielder in a million years.

disgraceful attitude.

no it isn't. it's a fair point. if everyone's fit would smith start in midfield or up front? of course he wouldn't. another good addition to the squad but did we really need him and was it worth spending that kind of money on a squad player?

I think he was being sarcastic, mate.

You're right in what you're saying though.

Seems like Smith is the target of the moaners these days.

We have 4 PL quality strikers but they won't complement each other across all 6 permutations imo. Viduka or Smith alongside Owen or Martins is how I see it.

I don't want to see Viduka up front with Smith or Owen up front with Martins in 4-4-2, which I prefer. If Owen doesn't combine well with Martins that means if Viduka is injured we would be stuck with a shite attacking combination. Surely you can see that?

We need 4 decent strikers, so we needed to sign another one. Smith is a decent player who was available. What is your problem with having 4 strikers? Why are you trying to slot them into an order of merit based on 1st-4th?