NUFC's International Players...

Richo

Charles Call-Up Increases International Brigade

CHARLES N'Zogbia's sparkling early season form has been rewarded by a call-up for France U21s.

The Newcastle United starlet has been named in the squad for the forthcoming qualifiers for the 2009 European U21 Championships against Wales in Grenoble on Friday and away to Malta in Valetta on Wednesday week.

The call-up is richly deserved for Charles, who has already netted twice in the Premier League this season. He got our 2007/08 season off to a flying start when he opened the scoring in a 3-1 win at Bolton.

And he followed that up with a sensational strike in the 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough. Charles has started the season at left-back and his ability to adapt to a new position has certainly impressed boss Sam Allardyce.

Charles' call up means Newcastle United now have no fewer than 12 players away with their respective countries during the international break.

The Euro 2008 qualifiers see Michael Owen and Alan Smith on England duty against Israel and Russia, while Emre (Turkey), David Rozehnal (Czech Rep) and Shay Given (Ireland) are also involved in tournament matches too.

Changing continents, and the African Nations Cup has qualifiers that involve new boy Abdoulaye Faye (Senegal), Obafemi Martins (Nigeria) and Geremi (Cameroon).

Dropping down from the senior squads, James Milner and Steven Taylor are again on England U21duty, while Andy Carroll - currently on loan at Preston North End - is in the England U19 squad.[/Quote]

Well done Zoggy, it's about time he got the call

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1105135,00.html

Am I the only one who spends these two weeks worrying about injuries?

I know it's a double-edged sword as it's good for the club in other ways to be represented so hardily on the international stage (12 players is quite impressive) but it narks me to fuck when players come back from these sorts of games with injuries.

I know it's a double-edged sword as it's good for the club in other ways to be represented so hardily on the international stage (12 players is quite impressive) but it narks me to fuck when players come back from these sorts of games with injuries.

Aye. I hate that we've been pining for the start of the season for so long, and it barely starts and straight away there's a big international break. Sick of 'em.

It does worry me yes, but I would get just as worried if someone like the Zog was playing great and then missed out again.

this.

Then he'd inevitable start thinking about raising his profile through (different) club football.

Didnt the French FA try and tell the under 21's and senior squad not to pick Zoggy because of the way he left Le Harve. Im sure they were really pissed at us and him for the way he left and Le Harve didnt even get much money.

I thinks its been said here before but the only reason N'Zogbia is called up is because we finally solved to problem we had we Le Harve, he was called up a couple of times before but they (Le Harve) forced the french F.A to drop him

Anyway i am delighted for the lad and hope he does well.

It does worry me yes, but I would get just as worried if someone like the Zog was playing great and then missed out again.

this.

Then he'd inevitable start thinking about raising his profile through (different) club football.

Didnt the French FA try and tell the under 21's and senior squad not to pick Zoggy because of the way he left Le Harve. Im sure they were really pissed at us and him for the way he left and Le Harve didnt even get much money.

i think so. i blame Souness.

I know it's a double-edged sword as it's good for the club in other ways to be represented so hardily on the international stage (12 players is quite impressive) but it narks me to f*** when players come back from these sorts of games with injuries.

Thing is though we have been tricked into worrying about them because of Souness and Roeder or more specifically their lack of squad building. Now we have a few players capable of coming in and performing.

Out of that lot i would least want Rozehnal and Owen to get injured.