New five year deal for N'Zogbia

Dave

don't see why roeders getting stick over n'zogbia, he bought a good player to compete with him for the place and n'zogbia didn't play well under the pressure. I don't really get whats wrong with that.

If Roeder was strong enough to allow for real competition you would have a point. Most people's impression was that senior players walked all over him - I can think of Owen, Shearer and Parker just to name three. Remember the embarassing sight of Glenda begging his players to do a lap of honour at the end of last season and Parker pushing Roeder away while giving him a mouthful?

Roeder was a toadying lick-spittle and he got what he deserved from his team, total lack of respect and contempt.

don't see why roeders getting stick over n'zogbia, he bought a good player to compete with him for the place and n'zogbia didn't play well under the pressure. I don't really get whats wrong with that.

If Roeder was strong enough to allow for real competition you would have a point. Most people's impression was that senior players walked all over him - I can think of Owen, Shearer and Parker just to name three. Remember the embarassing sight of Glenda begging his players to do a lap of honour at the end of last season and Parker pushing Roeder away while giving him a mouthful?

Roeder was a toadying lick-spittle and he got what he deserved from his team, total lack of respect and contempt.

roeder played duff on merit..................thats how bad n'zog was!

is the truth that hard to take ?

Under Big Sam the Zog is looking like a player again. Is that truth hard to take?

which is why i've said i'm very happy at his form and last season repeatedly said i wanted him to produce his previous seasons form,......the truth is bloody easy to take!

i have this simple system you see, criticise a player when he plays poorly,praise the player when he  plays well.

N'Zogbia was shite because of bad man management from Roeder, its as clear as day. Believe it or not that IS an excuse for poor form. Allardyce, someone renound for his man management skills has come in and made all the difference, simple really.

if n'zogbia had started this season like he finished last i'd not be too happy at this,however he's had a good start, so good for our squad.

He bought a big name player who was clearly going to be first choice (numerous interviews alluded to the need to protect N'Zogbia from playing a lot of games) regardless of form to take N'Zogbia's place, despite N'Zogbia being our best player the previous season.

Meanwhile the other wasters who N'Zogbia had carried at times in the season kept their places.

Roeder also went out of his way to take the piss out of N'Zogbia's best mate at the club, Boumsong, in public interviews.

Woeful man management at its absolute finest.

regardless of form ???? even the most hard bitten of n'zogs fans will admit that last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder behind duff (who was poor) and milner who eclipsed them both.

as for boumsong , i don't really recall him taking the piss but no doubt there many on here who'd think that was the least he deserved.

n'zog last season got what his performances deserved and i'm very pleased he's found his previous seasons form

Not saying he played well last season, obviously he didn't.

Point was more that Roeder almost went out of his way to make it difficult for N'Zogbia, bringing in a big reputation player in to compete with him for his spot.

Ideally the player should get his head down and get on with it, but it's simply not the case in today's game. A talent like N'Zogbia knows he'll get better chances elsewhere, it's up to the manager to keep them happy and Roeder spectaculalrly failed to do that with our best young player.

read it again and see how silly it is.

Bolded a bit for you to re-read myself, if we're going to be patronising about things.

if n'zogbia had started this season like he finished last i'd not be too happy at this,however he's had a good start, so good for our squad.

He bought a big name player who was clearly going to be first choice (numerous interviews alluded to the need to protect N'Zogbia from playing a lot of games) regardless of form to take N'Zogbia's place, despite N'Zogbia being our best player the previous season.

Meanwhile the other wasters who N'Zogbia had carried at times in the season kept their places.

Roeder also went out of his way to take the piss out of N'Zogbia's best mate at the club, Boumsong, in public interviews.

regardless of form ???? even the most hard bitten of n'zogs fans will admit that last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder behind duff (who was poor) and milner who eclipsed them both.

as for boumsong , i don't really recall him taking the piss but no doubt there many on here who'd think that was the least he deserved.

n'zog last season got what his performances deserved and i'm very pleased he's found his previous seasons form

Point was more that Roeder almost went out of his way to make it difficult for N'Zogbia, bringing in a big reputation player in to compete with him for his spot.

Ideally the player should get his head down and get on with it, but it's simply not the case in today's game. A talent like N'Zogbia knows he'll get better chances elsewhere, it's up to the manager to keep them happy and Roeder spectaculalrly failed to do that with our best young player.

Bolded a bit for you to re-read myself, if we're going to be patronising about things.

he's played centre mid a couple of times to no great success, who has he carried on the left, if your talking babayaro you have a point but that has nowt to do with who should play left midfield where n'zog never carried duff or milner

he's played centre mid a couple of times to no great success, who has he carried on the left, if your talking babayaro you have a point but that has nowt to do with who should play left midfield where n'zog never carried duff or milner

I mean that he carried the rest of the team in terms of creating chances for us, yet Roeder decided N'Zogbia was the person who should be replaced in the team rather than any of our s*** defenders or ineffective midfielders.

That seem fair or in the least bit intelligent to you?

I mean that he carried the rest of the team in terms of creating chances for us, yet Roeder decided N'Zogbia was the person who should be replaced in the team rather than any of our s*** defenders or ineffective midfielders.

probably not but it really comes down to the player facing competition for a spot in the team and not doing it...would you say the same if owens head went down and he played shit cos we'd signed martins? no you'd criticise him if he played shit which is right as i have done last season with n'zogbia

probably not but it really comes down to the player facing competition for a spot in the team and not doing it...would you say the same if owens head went down and he played s*** cos we'd signed martins? no you'd criticise him if he played s*** which is right as i have done last season with n'zogbia

Not really the same thing at all as Owen is a proven top player whereas N'Zogbia is still a young prospect (one who needs games to develop might I add).

But yeah, if Owen had been on fire for a season and was probably our best player and we went out and bought someone else to take his place while ignoring other crucial needs in the team I'd not exactly blame him for being a bit pissy tbh.

Do you genuinely think Roeder was ever going to choose between Zoggy and Duff based on merit last season?

Under Big Sam the Zog is looking like a player again. Is that truth hard to take?

which is why i've said i'm very happy at his form and last season repeatedly said i wanted him to produce his previous seasons form,......the truth is bloody easy to take!

i have this simple system you see, criticise a player when he plays poorly,praise the player when he  plays well.

introduce this system too......comprehend the fact that the way the manager interacts with players affects how they play, some more than others, n'zogbia is a young lad in a foreign country who needs confidence, roeder didnt give him any, n'zogbias form dipped, sam's given him some confidence, his form's drastically improved.

simple system innit?

introduce this system too......comprehend the fact that the way the manager interacts with players affects how they play, some more than others, n'zogbia is a young lad in a foreign country who needs confidence, roeder didnt give him any, n'zogbias form dipped, sam's given him some confidence, his form's drastically improved.

simple system innit?

a regular behind closed doors eh ?

simple system innit?

so i have to be the cleaner at the training ground to assume (and notice i say assume, i'm admitting there's a flaw in my argument, i dont KNOW these things, but we have to speculate, we dont know much about what goes on behind close doors) that sams influence on n'zogbia has helped him back into form?. From my life experience so far, i can tell that people perform better in their jobs, whatever their job may be, when they have confidence in their ability, especially, when that job involves them using a natural talent of theirs. i can also pretty confidently say that having perfomed well at their job for a year, said person would be most miffed to lose it to someone else, stay at the company, but not get much to do, when others that had been under-performing kept their regular roles. i also know that people that are young, people that are living in a foreign country, and people who dont start out with more natural security than others,would be more susceptible to drops in confidence.

I imagine Sam Allardyce knows these things too, as do i imagine Bobby Robson does, both have been often talked about as excellent man managers, as for Roeder, its never been one of his strong points as far as i'm aware, but feel free to enlighten me.

simple system innit?

so i have to be the cleaner at the training ground to assume (and notice i say assume, i'm admitting there's a flaw in my argument, i dont KNOW these things, but we have to speculate, we dont know much about what goes on behind close doors) that sams influence on n'zogbia has helped him back into form?. From my life experience so far, i can tell that people perform better in their jobs, whatever their job may be, when they have confidence in their ability, especially, when that job involves them using a natural talent of theirs. i can also pretty confidently say that having perfomed well at their job for a year, said person would be most miffed to lose it to someone else, stay at the company, but not get much to do, when others that had been under-performing kept their regular roles. i also know that people that are young, people that are living in a foreign country, and people who dont start out with more natural security than others,would be more susceptible to drops in confidence.

I imagine Sam Allardyce knows these things too, as do i imagine Bobby Robson does, both have been often talked about as excellent man managers, as for Roeder, its never been one of his strong points as far as i'm aware, but feel free to enlighten me.

and we also know of plenty young players who have shined for 1 season the burned away.

simple system innit?

and we also know of plenty young players who have shined for 1 season the burned away.

Fair enough, and it's possible (though very unlikely IMO) N'Zogbia is one of them.

But he should at least get a chance to replicate his form, no?

Spot should have been his to lose tbh, and bringing in Duff just took it off him very unfairly.

I agree with Madras to a point, my only problem with the signing of Duff was while he was creating competition for a left wing place we were still short in other area's, but really what Roeder done was no different to what Sam has done in bringing in better centre backs than Taylor, he should do the same on the right wing to Milner too. It's up to them to raise their game to get in or fall away. No youngsters development should be ahead of the first team winning.

simple system innit?

Fair enough, and it's possible (though very unlikely IMO) N'Zogbia is one of them.

Spot should have been his to lose tbh, and bringing in Duff just took it off him very unfairly.

he's had the chance everytime he played and bringing duff in is only dodgy if placed alongside needing other positions stregthened.that doesn't alter the position that n'zog was in as even if we had all other positions covered  he'd have took a huff at the competition.maybe he's grown up a bit and realised the competition is a necessary evil.

imagine last season if n'zogs form had turned out like that and we hadn't even had duff ? there is as much evidence to suggest his lack of form was due to "made it " syndrome as being pissed off at them bringing someone else in

simple system innit?

he's had the chance everytime he played and bringing duff in is only dodgy if placed alongside needing other positions stregthened.that doesn't alter the position that n'zog was in as even if we had all other positions covered  he'd have took a huff at the competition.maybe he's grown up a bit and realised the competition is a necessary evil.

imagine last season if n'zogs form had turned out like that and we hadn't even had duff ? there is as much evidence to suggest his lack of form was due to "made it " syndrome as being pissed off at them bringing someone else in

fair points, maybe i over-egged the pudding on the whole duff issue, a simpler way to put it would be just to say that i think allardyce is 100 times the manager roeder will ever be, and that i believe that his man management skills are largely to thank for n'zogbias form this season, not dis-counting the actual players effort aswell, obviously

simple system innit?

fair points, maybe i over-egged the pudding on the whole duff issue, a simpler way to put it would be just to say that i think allardyce is 100 times the manager roeder will ever be, and that i believe that his man management skills are largely to thank for n'zogbias form this season, not dis-counting the actual players effort aswell, obviously

i see it more as the players grew up a bit and after a stroppy season has realised where he is better off and that he has to reallly make it.(similar to bernard wanting to go to west ham,but after we faught ,he had his best times in football here,till he got greedy)

Parker obviously thought he'd made it, that's why he publicly told Roeder to shove it at the end of last season. Roeder is probably still sending him unanswered texts while Big Sam is tying up hot Newcastle performers like N'Zogbia and Milner to decent long term contracts. Who got it wrong and who got it right is obvious to all but the wilfully blind.