Women's World Cup

Dave

think it would be great if womens football got bigger, but its still fucking hillarious when you have scores like 11-0 in a word cup match :lol:

It is pretty embarassing for Argentina, (especially the keeper) but like I posted earlier in the thread, the men's World Cup has produced some similar scorelines in the past.

Just browsing to see what Wikipedia had on that, check this qualifying group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%28OFC%29#Group_1

5 American Samoa 0 4 0 0 4 0 58 -58

:lol:

Guest Rey Mysterio

I seem to remember Everton's Rachael Unit was playing left back for England last time they were on telly - she was well fit.

Think she was the only one of adequate beuty, on the other side of the coin - Karen Carney!! :kasper:

I seem to remember Everton's Rachael Unit was playing left back for England last time they were on telly - she was well fit.

Think she was the only one of adequate beuty, on the other side of the coin - Karen Carney!! :kasper:

Unit adequate she looks like a bloody kitchen unit however must be some decent swedes kicking about, germans and argies on now good god  :-[

Guest bluegeordie
Just browsing to see what Wikipedia had on that, check this qualifying group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%28OFC%29#Group_1

;D ;D ;D

One can only presume that they were playing with a very attacking formation, but were profligate in front of goal. Or perhaps, and despite their gender, Lady Luck deserted them when it mattered most (that is, throughout the entire qualifying campaign)?

Come to think of it, they didn't happen to have a renowned Scottish hardman for a coach did they ... and no, before anyone asks, I didn't mean that kind of "hardman"  :shifty:    

2 of the german goals were class finishes, the rest were just an embarasment to the argies. 

The germans were division 1 level and argies conference north lvl.  Poles apart in standard.

I was impressed by the gorman strikers, looks like the england germany clash could be quite a game.  England are supposed to have the best defence vs probably the best attack.  looks promising.

Dont think japan will be a push over,  ive dated a couple of jap lasses and they are mentally strong, they seem all gigly on the surface but deep down they are honed steel; theres alot of psychological pressure on young people in japan.

I think the england height difference should win the day though, anyway i am really looking forward to the game.

;D ;D ;D

One can only presume that they were playing with a very attacking formation, but were profligate in front of goal. Or perhaps, and despite their gender, Lady Luck deserted them when it mattered most (that is, throughout the entire qualifying campaign)?

Come to think of it, they didn't happen to have a renowned Scottish hardman for a coach did they ... and no, before anyone asks, I didn't mean that kind of "hardman"  :shifty:   

When they got beat 31-0 I think they had a load of 15 year-olds playing for them aswell.

;D ;D ;D

Twas men's football that this happened in. Australia beat them 31-0.

They've scored a goal in their current qualifying campaign I think, was reading an article about them in the paper over the weekend.

EDIT: Good old Wiki...

Ramin Ott made history for American Samoa when scoring a penalty goal against Solomon Islands on August 25th 2007. The goal was American Samoa's first ever in an official World Cup qualifying fixture and proved to be American Samoa's only goal of a 2010 qualifying campaign which saw them lose all four of their matches to an aggregate score of 39 goals to 1. Their 0-4 defeat in their final qualifying fixture against Tonga ranks as their best world cup result to date.

They're improving, managed by an English bloke these days - who also washes the kit.