Women's World Cup

Dave

germany are gonna hammer us, unless we improve our play in last third.

I was really disappointed in the black striker, she was showing her nerves, but  her  finishing was awful.  She would make a great winger, but too short for real striker imo.

tbh i think japan deserved the draw as england were shit at finishing the chances they had.  ENg will be very lucky to get out of the grp.  If both eng and japan lose to germany, it will come down to goal difference vs argentina; assuming japan and england both win that game.

tbh i dont care if england get out of the grp, they clearly arent good enough to win the cup, they just dont have decent striker.  Germanys striker looks a class apart.

K smith cant carry the whole team (

Surely Smith has to start up front against Germany with Aluko being used as an "impact sub"?

Seems to have everything you'd want in a lone striker compared to the latter (who is fit, mind).

I'll admit that I actually enjoyed most of the match, mind, although some of it was more frustrating to watch than the men's team.

I honestly cannot fathom why kneeling in front of the wall will help. Anyone? It's fucking baffling.

Think it's simply diversionary tactics to put a spanner in the works of the opposition, even just from a mental standpoint. I have to say I like to see quirky little things like that and when they score two free-kicks in one match doing it, then fair play to them.

It also makes it harder for the wall to push them out of the way then if they were on their feet.

I'd say it's easier to push someone over when they're kneeling down, tbh. Try it next time you're in church.

simple physics really: if the centre of gravity is lower in an object it is harder to topple it than one in which the centre of gravity is higher..

mass being equal of course      :coolsmiley:

I have often thought having one of your own team lying on the deck at 9 yards would stop the wall creeping up to about 6 yards away from the kick. Your own player would potentially block the low hit piledriver though.

This might be the answer.

It also makes it harder for the wall to push them out of the way then if they were on their feet.

I'd say it's easier to push someone over when they're kneeling down, tbh. Try it next time you're in church.

simple physics really: if the centre of gravity is lower in an object it is harder to topple it than one in which the centre of gravity is higher..

mass being equal of course      :coolsmiley:

Simplistic argument, tbh. You are vastly more unstable on your knees than you are standing on your feet. Get on your knees and fall in any direction apart from backwards and try to prevent yourself from falling over.

Guest Alan_Shearer

The goalkeepers are god awful, i know they are small but sh*t nonetheless, the first freekick was going straight at the keeper and she dived out of its way retard. And Women cannot shoot for SH*T, the potshots that had absolutely nothing behind them were rediculous...

Brilliant result by Englands women against Germany. Did what they needed to do and got the nil nil. Just need to beat argentina now

2-0 or more v Argentina and we're through. Didn't fear the Germans today, and a great result!

yep, should be achievable as long as we can put our chances away. Nice to see Jill Scott get a game today n all

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Anyone watching Germany v Argentina. Argentina are being murdered, 8-0 at the minute.

The worst goalkeeper I have EVER seen.

Brazil have some minging players. And women goalkeepers are unbelievably shit. These are the best in the world, ffs.

Its a fact that women can't catch so what do you expect?

Tbf some on show have been a little bit better than Paul Robinson.