Derby VS Newcastle

Decky

Abit early but im bored, i was just curious to know if Barton and Emre will be back for this one? this would be MY formation:

Given

Beye    Rozenhal    Cacapa    Enrique

Milner    Geremi    Butt      N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Quite a strong side tbh, putting Barton and Emre on in the 2nd half as i cant see them doing 90 minutes.

Think Sam will play SOMETHING LIKE this though:

Given

Beye    Rozenhal    Faye    N'Zogbia

Geremi    Butt      Smith

Martins    Owen  Milner

Either way an easy(ish) win. Hope our old omen doesnt return and we lose because we would have lost this last year under Glenda

If we go 4-3-3 against Derby i'll be fucked off summat rotten.

Given

Taylor   Rozehnal     Cacapa   Enrique

Milner   Geremi   Butt   N'Zogbia

Martins   Owen

Perfect opportunity to: sling Enrique in, push N'Zogbia up, trying Martins and Owen out.

Im hoping for a few things tbh:

- no 4 4 3

- Cacapa to start in defence with Beye, Enrique and Rozenhal, no Faye yet.

- N'Zogbia to start

- Martins and Owen to start up front

- Some news on Emre and Barton particularly Emre who has played for Turkey.

No Taylor? I'm sure that will please Liverpool :(

Wouldnt have him on my bench tbh:

Harper

Barton

Emre

Viduka

Faye

Mixing those with the players in my starting 11. Its good for squad depth because Smith and Taylor are players i would have in there but cant.

No Taylor? I'm sure that will please Liverpool  :(

Wouldnt have him on my bench tbh:

Harper

Barton

Emre

Viduka

Faye

Mixing those with the players in my starting 11. Its good for squad depth because Smith and Taylor are players i would have in there but cant.

Money well spent then  :idiot2:

I agree, can't see Smith being happy "if" he is left out  :tickedoff:

I actually fear that he cant be left out due to the money we spent on him compaired to our other spending in the summer, how Enrique has hardly been used. Not only that but Ashley has some kind of liking for Smith.

I'd keep Taylor in at right back. Dropping someone after a good performance just because a new signing comes in usually isn't good practice. I expect him to take the same approach he took with Cacapa and Enrique and ease Beye into the team.

Talking of Enrique, it's been more than long enough now, we need to get him playing because we have a tough run of games coming up. Starting against Derby would be preferable to starting him against Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham or Man City, who are all just around the corner.

Smith should be dropped simply because he isn't a winger. Enrique's introduction would allow us to move Zoggy forward and switch Milner back to right wing. Viduka and Owen up front seems logical. In central midfield there's a selection issue with Emre returning. We need his creativity, and I'd be tempted to drop Butt and play Geremi alongside Emre. We are away, but after a 6-0 drubbing at Liverpool you can be sure Derby will be getting everyone behind the ball. Lastly, I'm not too fussed who plays in goal. Personally I'd bring Given back, but there's a good case for keeping Harper who has been very good so far.

Guest TampaToon

not to underestimate Derby, but we should probably not worry too much about who played well last time out, and put some of our less vital players (or new players needing to get a game) out there vs derby, with some better players coming on later to stay sharp.

we need our best players with their freshest legs to play what might be an emotional\statement game against a club fielding half our old side at home vs west ham followed by a brutal draw at highbury.  i wouldn't mind seeing the likes of owen and a couple other front-line players returning from international duty held out for the bulk of the game.

i put alot of value on beating a team fielding dyer, bellamy, bowyer, solano, and parker - it would be a huge lift for the players and fans as a statement that who we have now is better than who we've had in the recent past.

I'd like to see:

Given

Taylor    Rozenhal    Cacapa    Enrique

Milner    Geremi    Emre      N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Subs: Harper, Beye, Butt, Smith, Viduka

I'd like to see:

Given

Taylor    Rozenhal    Cacapa     Enrique

Milner    Geremi     Emre      N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Good line up

I'd like to see:

Given

Taylor    Rozenhal    Cacapa     Enrique

Milner    Geremi     Emre      N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Swap Viduka for Martins and that'd be my pick. I'd have Ameobi on the bench as well (in place of Butt or Smith, take your pick), in case Viduka gets injured or just can't be arsed.

not to underestimate Derby, but we should probably not worry too much about who played well last time out, and put some of our less vital players (or new players needing to get a game) out there vs derby, with some better players coming on later to stay sharp.

we need our best players with their freshest legs to play what might be an emotional\statement game against a club fielding half our old side at home vs west ham followed by a brutal draw at highbury.  i wouldn't mind seeing the likes of owen and a couple other front-line players returning from international duty held out for the bulk of the game.

i put alot of value on beating a team fielding dyer, bellamy, bowyer, solano, and parker - it would be a huge lift for the players and fans as a statement that who we have now is better than who we've had in the recent past.

If it were at home I might agree, but away from home there are no easy games in the Premiership. It's a cliche, but we seem to slip up at these sorts of places every single season.

I think it will be 2-2 and if Martins doesnt start i will be even more pissed off with Big Sam than i was against Wigan

HE MUST PLAY!

Viduka has been a load of shite and hasnt shown anything except his goal at boro

Owen and Martins would rip Derby apart but we will be weaker without oba

lets go A,B,C.

A, who would you pick ?

B, who d'you think allardyce will pick

C, score prediction.

A                          Given

BEYE            ROZEHNAL          CACAPA          N'ZOGBIA

BUTT

GEREMI            SMITH              MILNER

OWEN        VIDUKA

B                      GIVEN

BEYE          TAYLOR      CACAPA      N'ZOGBIA