Premiership Expensive flops XI

Mowen

Self-Explanatory. See what you can come up with:

Taibi

Bogarde Boumsong Marcelino Del Horno

Kleberson Veron Viana Luque

Grabbi Rebrov

Shevvy isn't far away mind. Would probably be a more interesting challenge if someone tried to do one without Newcastle players, and I've missed out Titus and Cort.

Guest firetotheworks

Nani

Wiltord

Tore Andre Flo(sp?)

they will be up there.

personally reckon Nani is s*** like.  keiron dyer of the Portuguese me thinks

Bit early to judge on Nani dont you think. The other two are borderline flops considering they werent that expensive and still bagged about 1 goal in 3 and a bit games

Guest kingdawson

Nani

Wiltord

Tore Andre Flo(sp?)

they will be up there.

Bit early to judge on Nani dont you think. The other two are borderline flops considering they werent that expensive and still bagged about 1 goal in 3 and a bit games

Wiltord cost the gooners £13 mill and Flo definatly shouldnt be on that list (unless youre talking about his sunderland days)

Guest firetotheworks

Nani

Wiltord

Tore Andre Flo(sp?)

they will be up there.

Wiltord cost the gooners £13 mill and Flo definatly shouldnt be on that list (unless youre talking about his sunderland days)

Aye but he still brought more to the team than goals, although granted, he was signed as a striker. Wouldnt quite put him in the flop pile though.

Coubury. I agree, but its Premiership flops, not SPL flops.

Seth Johnson?

He'd make the bench, but even at £7m I think he looks an astute purchase next to Viana at £8.5m and Veron at £28.1m. Marlet is a great shout, and Balaban is another one who should make the bench. Wiltord may not have been worth £13m, but to put him in this thread is ridiculous, imo.

Seth Johnson?

He'd make the bench, but even at £7m I think he looks an astute purchase next to Viana at £8.5m and Veron at £28.1m. Marlet is a great shout, and Balaban is another one who should make the bench. Wiltord may not have been worth £13m, but to put him in this thread is ridiculous, imo.

I would have him ahead of Kleberson especially as he was on wages he himself apparently couldn't believe he was offered.

I think "expensive flop" needs to be in the context of the club you're talking about, so I just did a google.

This thread gives me the opportunity to post this list of footballlers (?) signed by the shite just down the road by Peytar Reid.

Bernt Haas £2.5m

Medina £3.5m

Laslandes £3.5m

Fredgaard £2.5m

Oster £2.5m

Flo £6m

There are bound to be others but I can't find them listed right now.

One he let get away apparently was Ruud Van Nistelrooy, offered to the mackems for £4m but monkey heed thought he wasn't worth it.

Guest optimistic nit

Nani

Wiltord

Tore Andre Flo(sp?)

they will be up there.

personally reckon Nani is shit like.  keiron dyer of the Portuguese me thinks

:lol: at all of it.

:lol: good call.

I think "expensive flop" needs to be in the context of the club you're talking about, so I just did a google.

This thread gives me the opportunity to post this list of footballlers (?) signed by the s**** just down the road by Peytar Reid.

Bernt Haas £2.5m

Medina £3.5m

Laslandes £3.5m

Fredgaard £2.5m

Oster £2.5m

Flo £6m

There are bound to be others but I can't find them listed right now.

Tyson Nunez

Emmerson Thome