Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Benitez has bought poorly and too often. He'd have done better on a more restricted budget because he wouldn't be able to ruin a team with rubbish buys.

Eh? What is this team he's ruined? He's bought Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Alonso, Agger.

Rafa's purchases were not the cause of the problems. He could have bought better, but he didn't do badly.

The early signings were good, and obviously not all are bad, and Torres is just Torres, but he always seemed to buy one or two players that were pointless.

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

There just seems to be far to high a turnover of players, and over 200 purchases in 6 years.

???

Including frees and trainee's

Over 30 players a year?

I have just searched it read it a minute ago so if its balls then I'm gullible, but......

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/benitez.asp

He also signed Keane, Babel, Morientes, Degen, Dossena and Pennant for quite ridiculous amounts.

I think it is given he did not sign Keane it is like saying KK got Xisco.

Not really.

Pretty sure he was on a list Benitez gave to the board, he may not have been first choice on that list, but, he wanted him and gave the go ahead to sign him nonetheless.

I thought it was a Shay that Keane was Parry signing

Wacko can you confirm.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Benitez has bought poorly and too often. He'd have done better on a more restricted budget because he wouldn't be able to ruin a team with rubbish buys.

Eh? What is this team he's ruined? He's bought Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Alonso, Agger.

Rafa's purchases were not the cause of the problems. He could have bought better, but he didn't do badly.

The early signings were good, and obviously not all are bad, and Torres is just Torres, but he always seemed to buy one or two players that were pointless.

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

There just seems to be far to high a turnover of players, and over 200 purchases in 6 years.

???

Over 30 players a year?

I have just searched it read it a minute ago so if its balls then I'm gullible, but......

Most of those are trainees/youth signings.

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

???

Over 30 players a year?

Yeah, but its still payers in from somewhere else, that's the mistake we made. It doesn't build a team or a club, its just a massive bunch of constantly changing players

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

???

Over 30 players a year?

Are there not just over 100 there? (& including trainees seems a bit silly too)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

???

Over 30 players a year?

Yeah, but its still payers in from somewhere else, that's the mistake we made. It doesn't build a team or a club, its just a massive bunch of constantly changing players

Not sure how signing trainee/youth signings can disrupte the senior team. It shows Rafa's attempt to develop a youth program at Liverpool (and failing).

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

200???

He bought 57 players.

Of those players you mention, most were £7m squad players. Only Keane, at £18m, should have been expected to improve the first team. Which he didn't.

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

200???

He bought 57 players.

Of those players you mention, most were £7m squad players. Only Keane, at £18m, should have been expected to improve the first team. Which he didn't.

I'm only trying to say that I reckon that kind of constant movement at a club can cause problems. Yes most of them were trainees, a lot were first teamers. Then a lot of the same leave after a couple of years.

I just think the money was spent unwisely and the turnover was far too high for a side pushing to be one of the best in Europe

He also signed Keane, Babel, Morientes, Degen, Dossena and Pennant for quite ridiculous amounts.

Not really.

Pretty sure he was on a list Benitez gave to the board, he may not have been first choice on that list, but, he wanted him and gave the go ahead to sign him nonetheless.

Wacko can you confirm.

Parry negotiated the deal (or just bent over and got bummed by Daniel Levy) but it was still Benitez who put Keane's name forward and later gave it the 'ok'.

Yeah, there were too many £7m players, and there was too much turnover. But the squad always came before the team for Rafa. Agree or not, the result was that we always went into the business end of the league/CL/cup with a rested, fit side. You can't win the league without a strong squad.

Rafa's net spend was actually well under £100m, about £85m I think. He inherited a squad with perhaps 4 players, Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia and Hamann, who were good enough for a title-challenging side. £85m is 3 or 4 players for Chelsea/Man Utd.

He had half as much to spend as Fergie/Chelsea's managers, and twice as much to do. In absolute terms, no his signings weren't good enough, but in value-for-money terms, he didn't do badly.

Not really.

Wacko can you confirm.

Parry negotiated the deal (or just bent over and got bummed by Daniel Levy) but it was still Benitez who put Keane's name forward and later gave it the 'ok'.

Rafa wanted Keane, but he was envisaged as an accessory to Barry. When the Barry transfer fell through, he was immediately surplus to requirements. Parry will have negotiated the transfer.

Guest Geordiesned

Sorry if already mentioned but Mark Hughes is in the running for the job according to a few journalists on twitter!

Sorry if already mentioned but Mark Hughes is in the running for the job according to a few journalists on twitter!

Ex-Man Utd, Everton & Chelsea player Mark Hughes.

That'd go down a treat. :lol:

Vorinin

Babel

Keane

Riera

Lucas

Penant

to name a few.

???

Is there a nought missing.  :mackems:

400m in debt, no manager and the best players wanting out....Oh and a couple of clueless greedy yanks bleeding the club dry....And they say there is no god.  :angel:

"Last week's accounts showed Liverpool's loss was 34 per cent worse than 2008's figure as £40.1m went on servicing the club's £351.4m debt to Royal Bank of Scotland and US firm Wachovia. These loans have been extended until the sale but the club is now, according to KPMG, "dependent on short-term facility extensions". They are living hand to mouth. And yet they claim that Torres doesn't need to be sold. They do not need to sell him, much as a wino doesn't need a bed for the night.

It is worth noting that the accounts were taken in a good year for Liverpool, a run in the Champions League and second in the league. Next year, if there is a next year, things will be worse."

Parky, which part don't you understand. The club is not £400m in debt, the owners are. They have to sell up. If they only get £200m for the club, that's their problem, not LFC's.

But in theory they could sell your best players, say get £80m for Mascherano, Torres and Gerrard and pay off their debt before they sell?

I don't know if they can, i'm not too good with my financial knowledge, but could they?

But in theory they could sell your best players, say get £80m for Mascherano, Torres and Gerrard and pay off their debt before they sell?

I don't know if they can, i'm not too good with my financial knowledge, but could they?

But £80m would only be 20% of the debt. It doesn't matter what they sell; since the financial crisis, the Yanks can't borrow the money cheaply enough that the club can pay off the loans, which was their plan, like Glazer.

Glazer is still holding on--Man Utd generates a lot more money than LFC--but Hicks & Gillett have to sell.

They might well sell any or all of the above players, but that won't change the situation, I reckon.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Parky, which part don't you understand. The club is not £400m in debt, the owners are. They have to sell up. If they only get £200m for the club, that's their problem, not LFC's.

They can do what the fuck they want and they will totally fuck you over.

They own you - if they want to whack their debts onto the club they can do that in two seconds.

You're fucked - not them.

But £80m would only be 20% of the debt. It doesn't matter what they sell; since the financial crisis, the Yanks can't borrow the money cheaply enough that the club can pay off the loans, which was their plan, like Glazer.

Glazer is still holding on--Man Utd generates a lot more money than LFC--but Hicks & Gillett have to sell.

They might well sell any or all of the above players, but that won't change the situation, I reckon.

That's not really answered my question, yes or no, if they made £100m from selling players could they pay this off THEIR debt before they sold up?

They can do what the fuck they want and they will totally fuck you over.

They own you - if they want to whack their debts onto the club they can do that in two seconds.

You're fucked - not them.

Of course they're not fucked. The club is owned by a holding company. But what would be the point of transferring the debt to the club? None. Same difference. The point is, LFC is a profit-making proposition if you separate it from the debt incurred to buy the club.

We are not Portsmouth or Chelsea. The club is only in the red, because it's being asked to pay for itself, which it can't do. It's possible that the Yanks could run the club into the ground, but that would be very stupid from their point of view. Either they sell up fast, or the bank will take the club and sell it.

There's not profit in asset-stripping a club like Liverpool, because it's inherently worth more than its actual assets.

My reading of the scenario is that the banks are in control, the yanks and the pack of dimwits that run your club are pretty much fucked. SORRY to see it btw as historically it is a very important institution.