Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Johnson's nowhere near as bad, he's a good RB, not worth £18m but inflated UK prices have that effect.

If we signed Aqualooni for £5m i'd be gutted.

Aw, go on. We'll throw in a bag of crisps.

Johnson's nowhere near as bad, he's a good RB, not worth £18m but inflated UK prices have that effect.

Aw, go on. We'll throw in a bag of crisps.

It would have to be an amazing packet of crisps.  :lol:

Aquilani is a quality player, very tidy on the ball.  Will definitely come good if he stays.

Getting used to the speed of the Premier League is obviously gonna be hard with niggling injuries and your manager being reluctant to play you.

Those words are really going to bite you in the arse, TT.

I know you are speaking from a vast amount of experience there but at 26 and with the only man who had faith in him gone, his chance in English football is going to be limited especially with his injury record. He's not a bad footballer, just someone you wouldn't pay serious amounts of money for as he's likely to miss 70% of the season through injury.

Typical Newcastle player of old in that respects.

I know you are speaking from a vast amount of experience there but at 26 and with the only man who had faith in him gone, his chance in English football is going to be limited especially with his injury record. He's not a bad footballer, just someone you wouldn't pay serious amounts of money for as he's likely to miss 70% of the season through injury.

You never know. Rafa was never one to give a player much time to find his feet or improve his game. One of his biggest failings, IMO.

You never know. Rafa was never one to give a player much time to find his feet or improve his game. One of his biggest failings, IMO.

What about Lucas? ;)

True, and why his squad turned their back on him when they realised they had a chance of getting him out of the club.

Chances are though injuries will come and get the lad again, if he was picking them up so frequently in Italy, the rough and ready style of the prem is going to be even more strain on his frail body.

What about Lucas? ;)

Only ever seen when Xabi was rested or gone.

True, and why his squad turned their back on him when they realised they had a chance of getting him out of the club.

Chances are though injuries will come and get the lad again, if he was picking them up so frequently in Italy, the rough and ready style of the prem is going to be even more strain on his frail body.

I think the main reason the players turned on him to the extent they did is that Rafa had no relationship to any of the players as people. He treated them like a plumber treats his tools. You can suck that up when you're winning, but success was pretty much the only thing underpinning whatever loyalty the players felt to Rafa.

What about Lucas? ;)

I think the main reason the players turned on him to the extent they did is that Rafa had no relationship to any of the players as people. He treated them like a plumber treats his tools. You can suck that up when you're winning, but success was pretty much the only thing underpinning whatever loyalty the players felt to Rafa.

I remember comments coming from Gerrard in the first year Rafa arrived that he missed the friendship he had with Houillier, and Rafa was more a boss than a friend, it was along those lines no doubt not them words.

His man management skills certainly could have done with tweaking, but again his stubbornness wouldn't let him see any fault to the way he deals with players on or off the pitch.

Except very good.

Except very good.

It's not really his quality that's the problem though. He's probably worth the money fit and healthy playing 70% of his games, thing is he's not and hasn't been for the last 2-3 years apparently.

What about Lucas? ;)

I remember comments coming from Gerrard in the first year Rafa arrived that he missed the friendship he had with Houillier, and Rafa was more a boss than a friend, it was along those lines no doubt not them words.

His man management skills certainly could have done with tweaking, but again his stubbornness wouldn't let him see any fault to the way he deals with players on or off the pitch.

His man-management skills are non-existant. I'm not exaggerating; he has literally none. Carra has said he's never had a conversation with Rafa that wasn't about football, and after we beat Chelsea in the 2005 CL semi (I think it was that game, but in any case it was a fucking big one), he saw Rafa coming onto the pitch, and assumed he wanted to congratulate him. Instead, he started going on about how Carra had failed to track a player back 3 minutes previously.

Rafa is finished.

Clearly. Reduced to considering an offer from the European champions. I hope he doesn't do himself in.

Except very good.

It's not really his quality that's the problem though. He's probably worth the money fit and healthy playing 70% of his games, thing is he's not and hasn't been for the last 2-3 years apparently.

Same could have been said of someone like Matt Upson (who is shit btw) a few years back, sometimes tendons, ligaments and muscles just need to catch up with the rest of the body. Aquiliani could easily be the next Dyer or he could turn the corner and utilise that fantastic talent.

And as it happens, when he did return from injury around the turn of the year, he stayed injury free, Rafa just wasn't picking him (in part probably because of his penchant for 2 DMs).

What about Lucas? ;)

His man-management skills are non-existant. I'm not exaggerating; he has literally none. Carra has said he's never had a conversation with Rafa that wasn't about football, and after we beat Chelsea in the 2005 CL semi (I think it was that game, but in any case it was a fucking big one), he saw Rafa coming onto the pitch, and assumed he wanted to congratulate him. Instead, he started going on about how Carra had failed to track a player back 3 minutes previously.

Rafa is finished.

Clearly. Reduced to considering an offer from the European champions. I hope he doesn't do himself in.

If he wins anything at Inter I'll eat my undies.

Guest gggg

Rafa is the only manager I'm aware of who considers  2 DM's as the hub of creativity.

Brazil have played 2 DM'S for yonks, as have Argentina and Italy.

Rafa is the only manager I'm aware of who considers  2 DM's as the hub of creativity.

Brazil have played 2 DM'S for yonks, as have Argentina and Italy.

That's cause everybody else runs forward....EVERYBODY...ALL THE PLAYERS RUN FORWARD...ALL OF THEM\111...You know...errr run forward.