Old Firm

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fatshaft is right that every club has it's idiots but the OF and Aberdeen seem to have considerably more of them that anybody else.  And I don't put it down to the size of their travelling support either.  When Hearts were doing well and selling out their end at away grounds we certainly never had any bother with them at Tannadice.  Even when Aberdeen's travelling support wasn't what it has been the last few seasons you could still expect a bit of bother when they came to town.

The only games that we expect to be potentially volatile are games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and obviously derbies against that other lot across the road.

With OF fans a lot of it is down to bigotry but a lot of it is also down to a general lack of standards and not knowing how to behave like civilised human beings (drinking in the street, p!ssing in the street etc).  With Aberdeen I don't really know what causes it but their fans just generally seem to adopt a more agressive abusive attitude than fans of other non-OF clubs.  Maybe it's the fact that Alex Ferguson used the seige mentality when he was there and the fans have swallowed it instead of seeing it for what it was - a tactic.  I honestly don't know.

Guest fatshaft

eh it does happen!

It doesn't happen. At all. Ever. I was even at the last Rangers game and we were accused of it again then. For about 5 seconds there were about a dozen lads tried to get the Durrant song going, it dribbled off. At no point was the Ibrox song sung, and yet after the game the unwashed were at their usual divertionary nonsense about how disgraceful the Dons fans were singing about the disaster.

It doesn't happen! :tickedoff:

so youve never in your life heard that song been song at ibrox or pittodrie?

You're getting it now.

Guest geordie01

then again alot of people think what rangers sing is bigoted when its not...

You've got to be kidding right?

ok name me 3 bigoted rangers song? and what u mean am gettin it now?

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

Guest toonlass

eh it does happen!

It doesn't happen. At all. Ever. I was even at the last Rangers game and we were accused of it again then. For about 5 seconds there were about a dozen lads tried to get the Durrant song going, it dribbled off. At no point was the Ibrox song sung, and yet after the game the unwashed were at their usual divertionary nonsense about how disgraceful the Dons fans were singing about the disaster.

It doesn't happen! :tickedoff:

I was at the game in march, and saw the stewards and the police being hit with coins thrown by the Aberdeen fans, then them cheering when a young lad with Downs Syndrome was reduced to tears when his mam was nearly hit with a lighter. And one of your female fans threatened to see me outside after the game when a two pence piece nearly hit me, and I handed it back to the police. If your going to throw coins throw £2 ones so we can get a drink after the match.

Both are scum!

That's a well considered and balanced comment. Well done. Not that you're alone in your enlightened opinion, but you did put it more succinctly than most others. Are all Berwick Rangers fans just like you then?

Guest fatshaft

Rangers, No surrender

Can I just say first of all congrats to Rangers for a greta win last night and putting a bit og oomph back into the Scottish European capmpaign that I doubt Aberdeen will emulate tonight.

However how many comments like the one above, a phrase that is teeped in bigotry will some of you come up with in a misguided attempt to show support for one of the OF?

Did none of you learn anything from Gazza's embarassing episodes in Scotland?

Rangers, No surrender

Can I just say first of all congrats to Rangers for a greta win last night and putting a bit og oomph back into the Scottish European capmpaign that I doubt Aberdeen will emulate tonight.

However how many comments like the one above, a phrase that is teeped in bigotry will some of you come up with in a misguided attempt to show support for one of the OF?

How is not surrendering to a terrorist organisation biggoted?

Both are scum!

That's a well considered and balanced comment. Well done. Not that you're alone in your enlightened opinion, but you did put it more succinctly than most others. Are all Berwick Rangers fans just like you then?

I would suggest fans of most lower league fans in Scotland hold the same opinion. Only last month travelling back from Ayr there were two idiots from the Rangers game singing their shite about Catholics. One screaming 'Big Jock Knew' into a 10 year olds face, just because he had a Celtic hat on was his 'highlight'. They cleared the half the train!

There shite happening like this every time ive travelled through Glasgow after a game involving the Old Firm. Motherwell are next worse in my opinion.

Rangers, No surrender

How is not surrendering to a terrorist organisation biggoted?

It has no place in football.

Celtic for me. They've been my Scottish team since I watched them as a bairn beating Inter in the European Cup Final.

Also, though I'm neither a Catholic nor Irish, I hate the whole prod bigot union-jack-waving Ian Paisley style crap

But have no problem with the whole catholic bigot Ireland-tricolour waving IRA style crap?

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

the billy boys and thats it. simply the best and the sash have add ons that certain supports add on but the rest of them are not bigoted

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

the billy boys and thats it. simply the best and the sash have add ons that certain supports add on but the rest of them are not bigoted

That's OK then  :rolleyes:

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

a never says its ok and i never will but people make out all rangers songs are bigoted when there not

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

a never says its ok and i never will but people make out all rangers songs are bigoted when there not

I don't think anybody's saying that.  People are saying that the bigoted songs Rangers fans sing are bigoted.  UEFA seem to agree.

Rangers have some really good songs that they can sing.  Follow Follow is a great football anthem (when the football version is being sung).  There's really no need for them to indulge in any of the other shite.

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

I don't think anybody's saying that.  People are saying that the bigoted songs Rangers fans sing are bigoted.  UEFA seem to agree.

Rangers have some really good songs that they can sing.  Follow Follow is a great football anthem (when the football version is being sung).  There's really no need for them to indulge in any of the other s****.

uefa have says the only sectarian song rangers sing is the billy boys and to be fair you hardly ever hear anyone say ftp anymore

the billy boys

simply the best

2 that spring to mind

Rangers have some really good songs that they can sing.  Follow Follow is a great football anthem (when the football version is being sung).  There's really no need for them to indulge in any of the other s****.

uefa have says the only sectarian song rangers sing is the billy boys and to be fair you hardly ever hear anyone say ftp anymore

That's what I said. 

The difference is that you don't seem to think it's much of an issue.  UEFA obviously do otherwise they wouldn't have fined Rangers and warned them about their future conduct.

well tae be honest sayin ftp is not as much as an issue as everyone makes out. especially when celtic sing for the ira which alot a people seem to forget that their a terrorist organisation that bombed britain. but uefa, politicions or football fans say nothing about that!! and celtic fans labeled themselves as fenians but when we say fenian we get a 13 grand fine for it

well tae be honest sayin ftp is not as much as an issue as everyone makes out. especially when celtic sing for the ira which alot a people seem to forget that their a terrorist organisation that bombed britain. but uefa, politicions or football fans say nothing about that!! and celtic fans labeled themselves as fenians but when we say fenian we get a 13 grand fine for it

You'll be searching for a very long time if you want to find a post where i've defended the behaviour of Celtic fans.

That's not what we're discussing.

So far it seems to have gone along the lines of -

Div-s- "Not all Rangers songs are bigoted"

Ross "I know but some of them are"

Div-s- "Yeah, but the only bigoted songs they sing are the ones that are bigoted"

I'm at a complete loss as to what point you're trying to make.  Tbh i'm not convinced that even you know what case you're trying to present so there's really no point in me discussing it with you.