Shola Ameobi (let it all out lads)

Decky

Guest Knightrider

Did you actually watch the game HTT? I have to think you didn't if you can in any way defend ameobi's performance. Or lack of it.

The others were poor, but at least Owen created a chance that Roz should have scored from. Ameobi did nothing except scuff a shot that he couldn't even get on target from a good position.

Nah, I'm just going off what people are saying. Of course I watched it and again you're talking shite. He was no worse or no better than Michael Owen or any of the other forwards on display. You may rank a few extra runs or a few extra touches as worthy of extra point but at the end of the day neither Owen or Ameobi did fuck all meaningful in the time they were on and that's all that matters. Oh and I'm not defending him or anyone for your information, just pointing out facts and the idiocy in singling out the one player, a player who has become a scapegoat and boo boy for the woes of NUFC it seems. A player who let me remind everyone is short of real match practice btw.

Want to single out people? Look at the midfield and those whose jobs it is to provide sufficient enough service for the forwards to feed off. If the Red Cross were watching last night they'd write in their match report "Owen and Ameobi starved, send a parcel"

Guest Knightrider

Err.....because he was worse than the rest?

Admittedly the worst of a bad bunch but he's been like that for most of the past six years, you numpty.

No he wasn't, you're just letting your bias cloud your judgment. He was no better or no worse than any of the so-called attacking/forward players on display whose job it was to create and score. I won't be too harsh on the forwards though because the service was none existent. His prior performances have no bearing on this one btw.

You're not winning this argument even with that reservation in place, but as it is such a strange and unjustified one to insist on I do have to ask you: despite the sometimes shocking and sometimes praiseworthy individual performances of Shola Ameobi, do you feel over the long run of his career with NUFC he has justified getting a starting place last night in front of such strikers as Oba or Smith? Alternatively, do you not feel that maybe Martins had deserved a starting spot yesterday because of his recent contributions (assists and goals) and positive comments about his future at this club (now potentially jeopardised)..? Ameobi was the worst of our bunch yesterday because he mostly failed to play the role that was required of him, namely to win headers and hold the ball up and launch Owen and our midfielders. Owen created as little as Ameobi did admittedly, but with all your proclaimed tactical nouse you will be able to understand that Owen's role was a different one, namely to get on the end of lay-offs created (or rather NOT created) for him.. As much as you hate to admit it, Allardyce fucked up his team selection and it cost us dearly..

Nowt to win, it's not a fucking match. Him being worthy of a chance has fuck all to do with things either, I'm taking about this match and this performance not what went before or what didn't. Keep to the one page eh. Put your comments about who deserves a place in the team in the Martins thread or something.

Allardyce didn't fuck up his team selection either, the players to a man simply underperformed and as a result were beaten by a side who performed better than them. Now unless Big Sam himself could have taken a few of those corners, free-kicks or got on to spray the ball about, I can't see how he is anyway responsible for what happened during those 90 minutes. Ifs and buts all you like but they don't really mean anything. I could easily counter that with what if Rozzy had been awarded a pen. That wouldn't detract from the fact that 11 players underperformed though.

Still, lets single out Shola though, eh.

Watch it again and pay attention this time.

FFS, you are taking denial to the extreme and I have to wonder if you need professional help. I don't think you'll find it in The Toon, you may have to go to Vienna or some such place.

Guest Knightrider

Watch it again and pay attention this time.

FFS, you are taking denial to the extreme and I have to wonder if you need professional help. I don't think you'll find it in The Toon, you may have to go to Vienna or some such place.

Denial of what you numpty? Denial that he had a shocking game? I've already said he had one :lol: But unlike you and others I don't think there is anything between having a shocking game as he did and having a shocking game as the others did. Sorry but I don't count a few extra touches or runs as anything special. Owen did fuck all, Ameobi did fuck all, Milner did fuck all, N'Zogbia did fuck all, Smith did fuck all, most of them did fuck all. I'm not going to build an entire case against one over the others on a few trivial things :lol:

Guest puretoon

They all did Fuck all-but shola's more noticable for NOT doing anything. I'm another one who's never liked Shola. His hip has been the longest most drawn out excuse ever. He's had the op, not gerron with it and bloody score!

I firmly think he'll never be a premier player ever-Championship maybe, but nowt else.  His errm 'laid back' attitude is more sheer laziness. He's always (and god knows why) been managers favourite and knew he'd always get a game.  He's absolutely useless-end of story.

Lets just hope Sam sees sense and drops him like a led ballon. IF he were any good surely other clubs would have come in for him?????   

I'd love to be proved wrong about him, but can't see it happening.

You don't count a run as anything special? Like Owen's movement to set up Roz? Did you miss that, HTT? Owen did everything right, even to the point of knowing he couldn't score, cutting the ball back and giving Roz a clear cut chance. If that had been ameobi instead of Owen you'd be creaming your pants.

There were not many good points to the game but credit where credit is due for the few good moves. In contrast, Ameobi did nothing. Zippo.

HTT is right in, in context of the display in general he wasn't the worst player in a Newcastle shirt on the night. The problem is, he looks like a player who will never grab the bull by the horns and win the shirt as his own. I don't think he lacks ability like some here, but he lacks passion and ambition. Each time the opportunity comes along he fails to take it savew for  a golden run under Roeder's caretaker spell when everyone was in Oscar-winning form.

Guest Knightrider

You don't count a run as anything special? Like Owen's movement to set up Roz? Did you miss that, HTT? Owen did everything right, even to the point of knowing he couldn't score, cutting the ball back and giving Roz a clear cut chance. If that had been ameobi instead of Owen you'd be creaming your pants.

There were not many good points to the game but credit where credit is due for the few good moves. In contrast, Ameobi did nothing. Zippo.

OMG HE DID A RUN. I'm impressed that a former European player of the year, current England international with 40 goals who cost the club a record £16m outperformed the donkey that is Shola Ameobi by such a significant display. If anything Owen's own performance was more shocking based on his undoubted and quite significant ability in comparison to Ameobi.

But I'm not so critical.

Guest eyeball_tickler

this thread isnt just about the derby match. its about 90% of his career. he's had 1 good spell for 3 months in his whole time here and thats simply not good enough for a europe chasing team.

Guest nyscooby

Plus his first touch is so bad, anything landing near his feet appears to drift far from him, he'd be a great keeper.

If he was allowed to touch the ball, he'd possibly No.1 choice for the England squad!!

Agree with HTT yes he wasn't good but no worse than the majority. Alladyce started the rot by picking Smith on the RW and Butt and Geremi in the center, basically we had no creativity from the center or the RW opting for a more solid but too negative MF. Singling out Ameobi is wrong as like Owen the was starved of any service (bar one chance). Roze let Howard have at least 6 good heading chances on goal and missed a sitter. Butt and Geremi created nothing as did the out of position Smith.

We need to be more positive have a real good go at teams, untill Barton's back ideally a midfield of:

Milner Geremi Emre*  Zoggy

*or smith if Emre not fit.

If Enrique's not fit then Zoggy LB and play Martins on the wing as at least he's going to create chances for us and cause big problems.

Carroll should be well ahead of him in the ranks.  get rid of the waste of space, he isnt even young anymore.

i cant belive we had martins sat on the bench the other day i dont care how big ameobi is NEVER leave martins on the bench.  he is only young aswell and we are going to loose him because of bambi!!

Ameobi's size would make him a candidate for a keeper........

Green jersey, fat gloves.....

Sorted. Problem over.

There you go... you're falling into the "big man" trap aswell! The man can't jump, having him as keeper would worse than having Martins in goal :lol:

Some times I don't get mangers. How on earth this guy deserve a mert to be a squad player at New castle. What did he achived in the past whats his goal scorin ratio all average and shit to be honest. It sad mangers can't see what we see in the pitch. I always think we play 10 to 11 when he plays for us.

Guest bluegeordie

Some people should be genuinely embarassed if the things they write on here actually constitute their fully thought out opinions.

Tbf, I think it's a combination of fully thought out opinions, and letting off steam, amongst other things. I, for instance, do not really hold  to my previous comments that Ameobi should be "donated to science", or ground up and used as fertiliser at St James's Park ... and not only because science wouldn't be interested, and there are cheaper forms of fertiliser available.  

Some people should be genuinely embarassed if the things they write on here actually constitute their fully thought out opinions.

Tbf, I think it's a combination of fully thought out opinions, and letting off steam, amongst other things. I, for instance, do not really hold  to my previous comments that Ameobi should be "donated to science", or ground up and used as fertiliser at St James's Park ... and not only because science wouldn't be interested, and there are cheaper forms of fertiliser available.  

I concur!  :clap:

Did you actually watch the game HTT? I have to think you didn't if you can in any way defend ameobi's performance. Or lack of it.

The others were poor, but at least Owen created a chance that Roz should have scored from. Ameobi did nothing except scuff a shot that he couldn't even get on target from a good position.

Nah, I'm just going off what people are saying. Of course I watched it and again you're talking s****. He was no worse or no better than Michael Owen or any of the other forwards on display. You may rank a few extra runs or a few extra touches as worthy of extra point but at the end of the day neither Owen or Ameobi did f*** all meaningful in the time they were on and that's all that matters. Oh and I'm not defending him or anyone for your information, just pointing out facts and the idiocy in singling out the one player, a player who has become a scapegoat and boo boy for the woes of NUFC it seems. A player who let me remind everyone is short of real match practice btw.

Want to single out people? Look at the midfield and those whose jobs it is to provide sufficient enough service for the forwards to feed off. If the Red Cross were watching last night they'd write in their match report "Owen and Ameobi starved, send a parcel"

nah, i'm sorry mate, normally i have a lot of time for your views on here but ameobi was definitely worse than owen, reason being that owen controlled the ball AT LEAST once when it was played to him and wasn't caught offside 18 times, oh, and definitley not from a free kick for fucks sake.

ameobi is a generally poor player who we've stuck with on the strength of a few glimpses of skill and a few finishes, and what the managers must see on the training ground. we've seen it all before, a player never ever lives up their billing where it counts, on the pitch, and it seems that we're the mugs who carry on fielding them.

ameobi is shit

I've said he's shit for ages, he's played over 100 games for us and hasn't shown any glimmer of improvement.  He's always off side, slow as shit, trips over his own legs all the time, piss weak in the air, actually gets shorter when he jumps, heads the ball like he's recently out of a neck brace and reacts (slowly) to everything in the game rather than trying to actually anticipate what is going to happen.  If he wants to control the ball he should try and hit it as hard as he can so it dribbles a flacid 2 foot in front of him.  When he's through on goal he should try and delicately control it so it has a chance of pinging off as a 30 yard thunderbolt screamer.

He reacts (slowly) to everything in the game rather than trying to actually anticipate what is going to happen.

That is one thing in particular I just cannot comprehend with Shola. No matter where the ball goes, where it bounces, how it bounces, whether it takes a deflection or not... he almost always seems to be taken off guard by it. He never expects the ball to do what it actually does.

Not only is that a sign of a poor sportsman, it's also the sign of an idiot.

He reacts (slowly) to everything in the game rather than trying to actually anticipate what is going to happen.

That is one thing in particular I just cannot comprehend with Shola. No matter where the ball goes, where it bounces, how it bounces, whether it takes a deflection or not... he almost always seems to be taken off guard by it. He never expects the ball to do what it actually does.

Not only is that a sign of a poor sportsman, it's also the sign of an idiot.

;D  mackems.gif Completely agree