Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest mobiius

Owen taken off and claps all sides of the ground. Last week he refused to celebrate and cupper his ear to the Gallowgate....

:shifty:

could be that he construed the booing was for him coming on and not for oba getting taken off. too many people believe the bollocks written in the daily red tops as if they were chiseled  in stone. imho while little mickey is at the toon we should be behind him 100% when he does eventually fuck off then he can be ribbed and booed. To do it while he is here is fucking pathetic.

We might be like the jealous girlfriend but he's acting like a spoilt brat. He expects to be starting every time, says things like "I'll be fit for the next game" but doesn't add "if selected" after it, puts his pet lip on and says the only person he will listen to in terms of his fitness is the surgeon (so in other words stuff you Allardyce), gets his mate to say he doesn't know why everyone is criticising him, doesn't celebrate his goal and cups his ear a la Dyer and god help us Reo Coker, makes a programme about how he is ultra passionate about horses but doesn't come over that way about football.

He's part of the reason why I can't be arsed about the England team, along with other precious ones like Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney et al. And once he's got the record for England goals he won't be arsed either.

I'll be amazed if he plays 5 games on the trot never mind 30, but you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be injured come January when Oba's away at the African Nations.

We might be like the jealous girlfriend but he's acting like a spoilt brat. He expects to be starting every time, says things like "I'll be fit for the next game" but doesn't add "if selected" after it, puts his pet lip on and says the only person he will listen to in terms of his fitness is the surgeon (so in other words stuff you Allardyce), gets his mate to say he doesn't know why everyone is criticising him, doesn't celebrate his goal and cups his ear a la Dyer and god help us Reo Coker, makes a programme about how he is ultra passionate about horses but doesn't come over that way about football.

He's part of the reason why I can't be arsed about the England team, along with other precious ones like Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney et al. And once he's got the record for England goals he won't be arsed either.

I'll be amazed if he plays 5 games on the trot never mind 30, but you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be injured come January when Oba's away at the African Nations.

While I don't really agree with bagging Owen... it's hard to disagree with any of that

looking for reasons to have a go i'd say.

for example the symantics of "i'll be fit for the next game" but doesn't add "if selected"....regardless of being selected or not what he says is correct.again about allardyce he is correct,a club manager can not pull a player out of the international set up if the medicos say he is fit.

can't blame him about the cupped ear thing, iwas there and took the booing to be booing the decision to bring him on in favour of martins.

the tv prog,no-one complained when david batty said he wasn't fussed about football when not on the pitch and just viewed it as a job.

Its obvious to me what the problem is with some of our fans. You can see it when they get all aggressive about him not playing for us and playing as much for england. He broke his foot and did his ligaments, taking 18 months out of his career. Nightmare for him, nightmare for us.

Now clearly when you dont have full control over your own faculties, its difficult to interpret the emotions inside of you. The frustration and anger at not having our best player on the pitch needs to be directed somewhere.

It gets directed at him as its easier for the fans to vent the feelings of anger this way, as who else can they direct it at? Sven? Paul Robinson? Shepherd?

The fact that this makes them utter spackas is glossed over somewhat.

Just seen Trevor Francis on SSN talking about the "plastic pitch", saying that he played on them in 1980 and it's a hinderence for the away team, i'd think they'd developed quite a lot over nearly 30 years Trevor.

Just seen Trevor Francis on SSN talking about the "plastic pitch", saying that he played on them in 1980 and it's a hinderence for the away team, i'd think they'd developed quite a lot over nearly 30 years Trevor.

Still an advantage for the home team I'd have thought though, if not to the same extent as the Luton / QPR days.

The whole plastic pitch argument is over egged. I play most weeks on the new fangled omni-turf (rather than the 80s era astro-turf) and its very similar to grass in terms of ball speed and bounce.

People are taking this whole thing a bit too seriously don't you think.

Allardyce says he has no problem with Owen + Owen says he has no problem with Allardyce = National press jizz fest about big feuds.

I personally have no problem with the comments from Owen. I would be pissed off if people kept having a go at me for no reason. He has come out and talked about putting Newcastle first on several occasions but people seem to turn a blind eye and focus on the negatives.

He needs to make himself available for 15 games or so in a row, then people might start warming to him again.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Allardyce says he has no problem with Owen + Owen says he has no problem with Allardyce = National press jizz fest about big feuds.

I personally have no problem with the comments from Owen. I would be pissed off if people kept having a go at me for no reason. He has come out and talked about putting Newcastle first on several occasions but people seem to turn a blind eye and focus on the negatives.

He needs to make himself available for 15 games or so in a row, then people might start warming to him again.

That's pretty much the way I see it too, he doesn't help matters by appearing to be more bothered about England than he does Newcastle. While I'm happy for any player to want to play for their country at the end of the day Newcastle pays his wages so it's them he should put first every time.

Guest mobiius

That's pretty much the way I see it too, he doesn't help matters by appearing to be more bothered about England than he does Newcastle. While I'm happy for any player to want to play for their country at the end of the day Newcastle pays his wages so it's them he should put first every time.

My sentiments exactly but i can't help but think that owen appearing to be more bothered about England than he does Newcastle is all down to what people want to see in it. as for the wages i think he knows we are paying him more than anyone else would and i also agree with dave

Three or four games and a couple of goals is all it would take.

owens goals or lack  of them last season imo was the difference between us getting in europe, as he has proved over the years he dosn't just score goals he wins matches.

Toon to offer Owen new deal

.cock

SAM Allardyce is keen to see Michael Owen get a regular run of games for Newcastle United under his belt as the boss looks ahead to the busy winter fixture list.

The Magpies' record signing has suffered cruel luck with injuries during his time at St. James' Park, but his goals-to-games ratio remains highly impressive in a black and white shirt nonetheless.

And making sure he is available for selection on a regular basis is certainly the priority for Big Sam.

"I'd like to see him fit for the next 20 games on the trot or more and then enter into a new contract," said Big Sam

"The most important thing is that he's available for selection every week and we can control it.

"Whether that means we lose him at the end of the day or not is non-negotiable because if it happens it happens but we want to see him fit, playing and scoring on a regular basis.'

"It's clear before I got here in the summer that the clause of £9m was made public, but it never happened and now it's about keeping Michael fit for what's going to be a really tough December for us.

"If Michael is fit and scoring goals every week, all managers would want him in their side."

Big Sam added: "He's had 11 years at the top level in a long and illustrious career. In between that are spasmodic phases of injuries he seemed to pick up from an early age.

"The hamstring one persisted and now other problems have arisen. That's wear and tear of a top-grade footballer now who plays too much because of the demands on him.

"If you demand that much money then people demand that many games, so it's a vicious circle.

"Michael's been an England international since 17 and he's barely had a rest in any summer over the last 11 years.

"However, we don't think, if we manage the situation right, he'll pick up as many injuries if we can get a prevention schedule into him."