Damage Derby mess has done ?

Guest Phil K

Dunno about you and wherever you work, but with me and all that work there, the Derby game has done unbelieveable damage to the expectations/faith/belief whatever you wish to call it.

Just realized yesterday how low that game has made everyone supporting NUFC - and I just don't think Big Sam realizes how much damage was done going by his comments since.

Derby will go on to being well and truly stuffed in their next game too. They're as bad as the makems were when they got a record low in points.

The excuse about the internationals was infuriatingly lame and annoying.

Odd how in just one game every fan I work with or know has gone from confident to the same lows as Roeder and Souness produced.

One game. Strange, but true. It certainly applies to me too ! 

We got sick of saying the manager shouldn't let this...crap...ever happen again under Souness and Roeder - because it always DID.

Dunno about you and wherever you work, but with me and all that work there, the Derby game has done unbelieveable damage to the expectations/faith/belief whatever you wish to call it.

Just realized yesterday how low that game has made everyone supporting NUFC - and I just don't think Big Sam realizes how much damage was done going by his comments since.

Derby will go on to being well and truly stuffed in their next game too. They're as bad as the makems were when they got a record low in points.

The excuse about the internationals was infuriatingly lame and annoying.

Odd how in just one game every fan I work with or know has gone from confident to the same lows as Roeder and Souness produced.

One game. Strange, but true. It certainly applies to me too ! 

We got sick of saying the manager shouldn't let this...crap...ever happen again under Souness and Roeder - because it always DID.

I have been worried since the start of the 2nd half at Bolton, we have not looked like a top 6 team at all since the 1st half at Bolton and that was down to how poor they were and not how good we are!!

The Derby loss was a shocker its not like we were out done by class, we were out done for hard work and effort and then we added piss poor passing to our game just to top it off.

We're ONE POINT ahead of the makems and all we've played so far is the dross of the league.

At least the makems have the excuse they've played Man Yoo

Guest Bramble OG

We're ONE POINT ahead of the makems and all we've played so far is the dross of the league.

At least the makems have the excuse they've played Man Yoo

and 3 points behind man utd/chelsea who havnt had any big games yet bar liverpool away for chelsea, Did people think we would go unbeaten playing high class football for 38 games this season??? :) SA has been in charge 6 games for fucks sake.

Guest Bramble OG

I wish people would remember it took bobby 2 years.  There must have been a fair few crap defeats in 2 seasons at 11th

i think quite a few people on here only started following us during the 2 seasons robsons team peaked, so probs dont remember these things

Jesus fucking wept! :lol:

How do some of you persuade them in charge to let you have the keyboard back! If it was up to me the medication would be doubled and the leisure time cut in half.

To think some people have the cheek to call Newcastle fans fickle, how dare they!!

Think I've seen some reasonably balanced comments, and some mental obviously.

You must admit that getting beat by Derby like we did knocks expectations, right Jon? If we win the next three it will be forgotten, but that's always the case... if we didn't talk about it these boards would be very quiet.

I think the toon is like a rollercoaster, one week we are talking about footballing legends in the making and the next week we are talking about wanting to rip the badge from their chests and send them packing back to the play ground part time clubs.

One loss does not = one season

was the performance poor? most certainly

was the manager having an off day? possibly

was the home side playing like they wanted it more? probably

this does not mean we can wash our hands of the club as I know most on here will still be putting there two penneth worth in game in game out for the hole season.

I've always thought the biggest test to SA tenure is not the big wins or the massive results it will be when we go on a 3-4 game run of losses/scrapes and see how he copes thats the making of a good manager the manager that can see past this week or this month and work on an overall view of how things are.

Absolutely agree with Skirge... Only the first half against a very poor Bolton side was entertaining and deserved a top 6 place. Everything after, was not more than average (just to say it nicely). It's a massive disappointment...

Only Liverpool and Arsenal have looked top 6 this year so far

Give it some time

To be honest I think it is a reality check, firstly that although we've progressed a lot there is still a lot of work to do. Secondly, the type of managed SA is, he will always go for the grafters and seasoned pros and we will have to accept that we will probably never play attractive football while he is manager... and this negativity will sometimes be found out when we don't nick a goal and end up losing to sides like Derby.

So Derby hasn't done any damage to your very low expectations at all then.

I dunno where the old thread is about season expectations but it would be interesting to see the people that put top 5/top 6 here we come against the pople aiming for a top half/top 8 finish.

I for one predicted a top 8 finish and would be satisfied with a top 10 finish personally the league is very good at the moment every team are strengthened and as much as I hate to loose as was mentioned before "lesser" teams have won against the bigger clubs i.e villa beating chelski.

We have to get over this and if we were to win comfortably against westham would most of this doom talk end? I think so

Guest jimmy1982

Its just one game man.

Everybody knows the club was in a right mess when Allardyce came in, shortly to be followed by Ashley taking over. The job they've got of turning the club around it absolutely monumental. The work Allardyce has been doing has concerned changing the whole infastructure of the club, with a totally new coaching/training/preparation set-up, so it hasn't been a case of buying a new load of players and getting them to play well, there's been tons of behind the scenes stuff going on that will hopefully benefit us in the long term. Sam's come out and said words to that effect himself. Aye it was a bad performance but can't be totally unexpected with the amount of turmoil thats been going on. Lets see how its looking at christmas, by which time hopefully Sam will have had all his systems in place for a few months and will hopefully be getting consistent improvement out of the players.

Everyone agreed we needed rid of roeder, that was blindingly obvious. Most people i spoke to were over the moon about Allardyce getting the job (I for one couldn't have thought of a better alternative at the time). I don't think we should start to get down hearted all of a sudden after a handful of mediocre performances and one very bad one.

And Barton in the middle with Zogs further forward is going to be belter.