Damage Derby mess has done ?

Guest Phil K

The one that still contains Lee Clark and Terry Mc?

The backroom staff now consists of far more than Lee Clark and Terry mac and you know it!

Like who and with what qualifications?

Pearson is him number 2 isn't he even though most on here thought he was shite last season.

I think Sam's idea is to instill some confidence by not losing and picking the team, that in his mind, is best suited to play out competitive 0-0 draws or just sneak 1-0 wins.

It has backfired and I suppose this game has brought the players backwards rather than forwards. I hope his strikers, more creative players don't get frustrated at the team style and strange selections (as I have) and have faith in Sam's philosophy.

It's only one game, I don't think it is time to prejudge just yet, here's a perspective from the other side just in case:

-Zoggy can't be moved upfield until Enrique is ready to play, there is no one else to cover either.

-Butt and Geremi are our only options until Emre recovers 100%, he got a slight "pull" when playing for turkey, is his head up for it?

-Smith out on the right offers more solidity until Zoggy can move into midfield and milner is released.

-Ameobi, I have no idea other than this stupid big/little thing?? The only real glaring mistake sam has made is this one, why the funk is Oba not playing! How many goals does he need to score? Without the midfield creating things we need a forward who can do exactly that!!!

I think that after seeing a complete overhaul at the Club both on and off the pitch folk have just woke up to the fact that nothing in reality has changed.

We are still the clowns of The Premiership.

And can someone confirm (or deny) that in Allardyce post match interview he said 'we didn't expect a win' or words to that effect because if he said that he wants showing the door now.

I personally think we have been "ok" this season, managed to put 8 pts on the board and still waiting for players to come back, which in turn will allow other players in the team to move to their correct playing position.

The Derby game was MUCK of the highest order but Newcastle have played muck games before and will play muck games in the future.

What I have seen so far, is better than what we had last season.  We have players to come back and the team has yet to get used to playing with each other.

Has any team been playing well so far this season?

I think that after seeing a complete overhaul at the Club both on and off the pitch folk have just woke up to the fact that nothing in reality has changed.

We are still the clowns of The Premiership.

And can someone confirm (or deny) that in Allardyce post match interview he said 'we didn't expect a win' or words to that effect because if he said that he wants showing the door now.

The latter I strongly agree with. Couldn't believe my eyes when I read those 'quotes.'

One of the hardest things to take from the Derby game was how poor we defended, after we had looked to at least have a decent defence for a change, both of our CB's were being done  by Howard most of the time, if he had been able to finish with his nutt we would have been beaten by a good few more than 1-0.

It was a non performance from everyone it felt like it was the Souness and Roeder days allover again, but it had been building to that kind of performance for a while. There is no creativity at all and piss poor crossing from Milner and Zoggy makes it so hard for us to break teams down, both of them have a better shot on them than cross so maybe we should swap them over and allow them more opportunity to cut in and have a dig, Owen will be straight onto anything the keeper spills.

Another worry is the hype on the difference Joey Barton will make, is he really the creative style player we are missing? he may score a few 20 odd yard rockets I suppose, but will he create chances for our front men?

Sam blaming injuries and tired players who had been away on internationals all sounded a bit like Roeder and Souness bullshit, we have put up with that kind of bollocks for to long, Big Sam was meant to be the man to change the Toon and so far there has not been anything really different once they are on the pitch.

I personally think we have been "ok" this season, managed to put 8 pts on the board and still waiting for players to come back, which in turn will allow other players in the team to move to their correct playing position.

The Derby game was MUCK of the highest order but Newcastle have played muck games before and will play muck games in the future.

What I have seen so far, is better than what we had last season.   We have players to come back and the team has yet to get used to playing with each other.

Has any team been playing well so far this season?

not many teams challenging for europe have lost against derby....and deserved to lose..

this game has really done some damage to Big sams credibility as a manager; some newcastle fans i know who have been raving about sam's appointment are now calling him another "stupid shepherd appointment" (here comes Ne5)...

i personally wouldn't go that far, but our performance was disgraceful and we seriously need to get it together if we don't want to end up as middlesbrough-esque midtable side

Guest WashyGeordie

Its been a good start compared to previous seasons, are people forgetting that? Or want instant success all the time?... :idiot2:

Jesus christ. One defeat in 6 games.

Some people are just not happy whatever happens to the club. How can people comment that we're shit atm, are people forgetting that last season, we still had Roeder, Shepherd and a bunch of no-hopers playing for us, who wouldnt fight for the shirt (couldnt give a fuck - tbh)?

And why are people going on about the SBR days? Its the fans who mounted pressure on Shepherd to sack him, 4 games into the season. The fans have hit the panic button too early in previous seasons, this is why we were shit for 3 seasons, if we still had SBR i believed we wouldnt of had the 14th placed finish, and the money wasting due to Souness. Heck we would of still had a 'good team', but no, he got sacked.  :cheesy:

Its been a good start compared to previous seasons, are people forgetting that? Or want instant success all the time?... :idiot2:

Jesus christ. One defeat in 6 games.

Some people are just not happy whatever happens to the club. How can people comment that we're shit atm, are people forgetting that last season, we still had Roeder, Shepherd and a bunch of no-hopers playing for us, who wouldnt fight for the shirt (couldnt give a fuck - tbh)?

And why are people going on about the SBR days? Its the fans who mounted pressure on Shepherd to sack him, 4 games into the season. The fans have hit the panic button too early in previous seasons, this is why we were shit for 3 seasons, if we still had SBR i believed we wouldnt of had the 14th placed finish, and the money wasting due to Souness. Heck we would of still had a 'good team', but no, he got sacked.  :cheesy:

wasn't just the "oh looky we've lost, i think i'll have another biscuit seen as its only early times" it was the performance aswell which was abysmal- we could have lost 3-0 if derby had any better finishers.

we drew against a poor boro side and got beaten by a super-crap-just-got-beaten-6-bloody-nil-relegation-certain team aswell. posting 'crazy' smilies and being non-chalant about dropping a suposed certain 3 points is "crazy' iyam

From the quality thats in our squad i except us to finish top 8

I will be very dissapointing if we dont, Derby was shocking but we must bounce back and take at least a point against west ham, it wont be easy even if we are at home but if we complain so much it wont do the players confidence any good, lets face it, shola must hate playing when everyone shouts at him! at least he trys even if its not good enough

The fact is that we are not as good as we think we are.  A top 10 finish is the best we can muster realistically.  So as fans, can we not be so gloom just because we lose a few games here and there, and not expect the impossibe from BS and the players; support them to the max and we might just be surprised by a better than a 10th position.

We look to have been moving in the right direction since FS came here. It's true he wouldn't have been my choice as manager, as I think he's a bit of tit evidenced by his eating people's shit to try to get the England job. Ignoring that and I've had to give credit where it's due since he arrived, I think we've been moving forward.

No knee-jerk from me after a poor display against Derby, but I hope if things don't look good over the coming months that we don't see the same ignorant and blind support from some that was evident during the time souness was here. I'm seeing some very similar "put down" type posts from certain people that remind me of the shite I was reading while souness was tearing the team apart.

I wish people would remember it took bobby 2 years.  There must have been a fair few crap defeats in 2 seasons at 11th

I wish some people would get it through there heads that its not the defeat that's bothering people so much, its the manor of the defeat.  Allardyce picked a lopsided and overly defensive side and then did nothing to change that side for 90 soul destroying minutes.  That's infinitely more worrying then the defeat itself.

I wish people would remember it took bobby 2 years.  There must have been a fair few crap defeats in 2 seasons at 11th

I wish some people would get it through there heads that its not the defeat that's bothering people so much, its the manor of the defeat.  Allardyce picked a lopsided and overly defensive side and then did nothing to change that side for 90 soul destroying minutes.  That's infinitely more worrying then the defeat itself.

exactly. its not as though we were hit on the break in a counter attack. i barely saw the match from our seat, it was all midfield mess.

It's been around 3 years since we were consistently playing well.  When bobby took over we thumped sheff wed 8-0 and though that season was poor, the team was at least balanced and we'd end each game (even one at Man U I recall where Shearer stuck one away with his head?) having had the chances to look back on and go "Well, if that chance had gone in - etc.".  Apart from Bolton this season, we have looked disjointed and unable to string more than 2 passes together.  I thought Butt looked about 49 years old the way he played on Monday and I can't remember a ball that Ameobi actually controlled and laid off successfully, yet they both stayed on the pitch.

I know the club has been gutted from top to bottom and 32 new players have come through the door but if you don't have the players to play 4-4-2 (i.e. smith on the right who is as useful there as a chocolate arse brush) then pick a formation and tactics to suit those who are fit and play your creative players in an area of the field where they can be effective (N'zogbia was caught several times on Monday night and never cleared the first man with any of his dead balls - shooting into row z on at least 3 occasions from 40 yards).

It is depressing watching your team huff and puff, have no shots and get completely outplayed by a championship (if that) level side when you have 43 (ish) internationals in your side but we've put up with this kind of thing for the past 3 years - what's another 3 months until allardyce turns it around and his system starts working because the players know each other and know how to play with tactics (which is something again we have lacked for 3 years)

It's ok to be dissapointed, even angry but don't forget, Allardyce is not Gullit or Souness. 

Praise be to that!!

Best post that I have seen for a while you sum up my whole point about everything mate.

It's been around 3 years since we were consistently playing well. 

I don't care what anybody says, even though we finished 5th that season, we massively under-achieved. When you look back, 4th was there for the taking because Liverpool were just as bad as us, and the likes of Aston Villa & Bolton weren't consistent enough to capitalize, else one of those would have finished 4th. Think we only won 2 away games all season, dropped some crazy points at home. We should have walked away with 4th.

QUOTE: We have made some fairly obvious steps forward but lets all forget that, we lost to Derby!

So name them, then?!?!?

Well lets see...

We aren't starting the season with the best possible back 4 consisting of Carr  Bramble  Taylor  Babayaro.

I think its fair to say thats a huge step forward, no?

As O-Nut has pointed out, if we continue like we have we would be pushing for a top 6 spot. Obviously not good enough though because of that poor game at Derby.

The 2 players who are really going to create anything in central midfield are out injured and our best winger is currently having to play at left back. We could choose to ignore all this though and blame it on Allardyce tactics. No shock really considering 20 shots with 10 on target against Wigan was still not creating enough according to some.