Damage Derby mess has done ?

Guest Phil K

Smith isn't a midfield player. FS is making a mistake by selecting him to play in that area. Same as Taylor is not a RB and Ameobi is not a footballer.

He was signed as a versatile player who Allardyce see's as being able to play in midfield, as Dyer's replacement.

Is that really a reply to my comment? I know FS thinks he can play in midfield because surprise surprise, he's selecting him there. What a tit.

My reply was to you because for some unknown reason you seem to defend Smith at every chance even though he's shite, I couldn't care less if he's not a midfielder originally as the fact is he's played the majority of his football there over the past 3 years and was brought here to fill that position.

Smith isn't a midfield player. FS is making a mistake by selecting him to play in that area. Same as Taylor is not a RB and Ameobi is not a footballer.

He was signed as a versatile player who Allardyce see's as being able to play in midfield, as Dyer's replacement.

Is that really a reply to my comment? I know FS thinks he can play in midfield because surprise surprise, he's selecting him there. What a tit.

My reply was to you because for some unknown reason you seem to defend Smith at every chance even though he's shite, I couldn't care less if he's not a midfielder originally as the fact is he's played the majority of his football there over the past 3 years and was brought here to fill that position.

I'm not defending anyone. I don't give a toss where he's played for the last 3 years. If FS brought him in to play in midfield then he's wasted the club's money because he's bought a centre forward and is using him incorrectly. If you want to believe that is defending Smith then you're missing the point as usual.

What I said in my post is that he's not a midfield player and that it's a mistake to select him for that kind of role. Why I have to repeat this I can't even begin to understand.

That's all those defending the cause are saying imo.

No, many were saying that those angry were "over-reacting"

Which was bloody ridiculous IMHO

Derby beaten 6-0 5-0 & 4-0 in the first half dozen games, yet beat - COMFORTABLY mark you - Newcastle, and we're supposed to say "Oh dear" ???????

Derby beaten 6-0 5-0 & 4-0 in the first half dozen games, yet beat - COMFORTABLY mark you - Newcastle, and we're supposed to say "Oh dear" ???????

They scored a wonder goal and we had 2 blatant penalties turned down, I would hardly call that comfortable.

QUOTE: We have made some fairly obvious steps forward but lets all forget that, we lost to Derby!

So name them, then?!?!?

Well lets see...

We aren't starting the season with the best possible back 4 consisting of Carr  Bramble  Taylor  Babayaro.

I think its fair to say thats a huge step forward, no?

As O-Nut has pointed out, if we continue like we have we would be pushing for a top 6 spot. Obviously not good enough though because of that poor game at Derby.

The 2 players who are really going to create anything in central midfield are out injured and our best winger is currently having to play at left back. We could choose to ignore all this though and blame it on Allardyce tactics. No shock really considering 20 shots with 10 on target against Wigan was still not creating enough according to some.

blueyes.gif :clap: blueyes.gif :clap: blueyes.gif :clap:

They scored a wonder goal and we had 2 blatant penalties turned down, I would hardly call that comfortable.

All geremi's fault. If only he could head! ;)

Guest johnson293

OK, lets look at the facts here, in particlular those three results you mention...

Tottenham AWAY - 0-4

Liverpool AWAY - 0-6

Arsenal AWAY - 0-5

Can you see a pattern emerging?

At home this season, Derby have only lost one match in 90 minutes.

Is it so difficult to comprehend that its obviously going to be more difficult for them to go to the likes of WHL, Anfield or Emirates, and not come away with a heavy defeat?

Is it so difficult to understand that they may be a slightly different proposition at Pride Park?

Not taking away the fact that we played crap on Monday night - but the fact that we didn't beat them at Pride Park while they (continue to) lose heavily AWAY from home, continues to be used as some sort of example of how disasterous a defeat Monday night seemingly was.

A bit of perspective is all that is required, surely?

And as for those saying Taylor or Faye should have been played at Left Back to push N'Zogbia forward....  :idiot2:

You complain of the 'square pegs...' but then suggest a remedy by playing either of two right footed players at left back, instead of a naturally left footed player, who has played their all season? Enrique is currently injured, and I dont doubt that once fit, we will see him at Left Back with N'Zogbia or Duff (when fit again) at left wing/midfield - but surely playing right sided players at left back just to push N'Zogbia further forward isn't the answer?!!

:clap2:

Add to the fact both teams had the same amount of shots, corners and we had more possesion than them plus 2 clear penalty shouts. But Derby beat us comfortably apparently  :rolleyes:

Edit: Plus we missed an open goal. No doubt if we the perfomance and result was reversed Phil K wouldn't be saying we beat them comfortably.

:clap2:

Add to the fact both teams had the same amount of shots, corners and we had more possesion than them plus 2 clear penalty shouts. But Derby beat us comfortably apparently  :rolleyes:

Edit: Plus we missed an open goal. No doubt if we the perfomance and result was reversed Phil K wouldn't be saying we beat them comfortably.

I prefer to go with what I see with my own eyes rather than using stats to tell me how close the game was.

Possession counts for nothing if you're passing it around at the back without attempting to bring the ball forward, our only decent chance was the miss from Rozenhal, Ameobi hitting wide and a weak free kick is all we created in 90 minutes, Derby looked much better than we did going forward but were often let down by the lack of quality of Howard in front of goal, they also didn't struggle with the basics such as simple passing and control.

You forgot to add the 2 most important stats to your list of facts: they scored one more goal than us, they kept a clean sheet.

Football is like a game of top trumps to you.

You forgot to add the 2 most important stats to your list of facts: they scored one more goal than us, they kept a clean sheet.

They didn't have it comfortable tbh, thats quite clear although I find amusing you accuse the game of being like top trumps to me when its obvious you only see the 1 and the 0 in the whole thing :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

OK, lets look at the facts here, in particlular those three results you mention...

Tottenham AWAY - 0-4

Liverpool AWAY - 0-6

Arsenal AWAY - 0-5

Is it so difficult to comprehend that its obviously going to be more difficult for them to go to the likes of WHL, Anfield or Emirates, and not come away with a heavy defeat?

Is it so difficult to understand that they may be a slightly different proposition at Pride Park?

Not taking away the fact that we played crap on Monday night - but the fact that we didn't beat them at Pride Park while they (continue to) lose heavily AWAY from home, continues to be used as some sort of example of how disasterous a defeat Monday night seemingly was.

A bit of perspective is all that is required, surely?

And as for those saying Taylor or Faye should have been played at Left Back to push N'Zogbia forward....  :idiot2:

You complain of the 'square pegs...' but then suggest a remedy by playing either of two right footed players at left back, instead of a naturally left footed player, who has played their all season? Enrique is currently injured, and I dont doubt that once fit, we will see him at Left Back with N'Zogbia or Duff (when fit again) at left wing/midfield - but surely playing right sided players at left back just to push N'Zogbia further forward isn't the answer?!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This thread is subject to a HUGE twist I suspect after the visit of the Hammers amnd suspect if could turn nasty.  I expect a big performance today. Allardyce has done little to convince me that good times lie ahead.  It has been suggested that it takes 2 years to tun a team into one well oiled unit.  I bet my last penny that Sam hasn't got 2 years to do it.  Mort, I suspect, will give him a season and review.  Basically, if her serves up any more of the shit we seen Monday then he'll do well to deliver and meet Mort's expectations. The test IS NOW........

Tottenham AWAY - 0-4

Liverpool AWAY - 0-6

Arsenal AWAY - 0-5

Ah right.

So 6-0 5-0 and 4-0 are common, and shouldn't be considered as reflective of the teams standing.

I'd call such reasoning imbecilic, but it'd need several promotions to get to that level.

And - just refresh my memory about how many games Derby have actually played at home this season, and how many they have won ?

Newcastle is their ONLY victory, right ?

Oh - and ALL games last 90 minutes, by the way.

Guest johnson293

Ah right.

So 6-0 5-0 and 4-0 are common, and shouldn't be considered as reflective of the teams standing.

I'd call such reasoning imbecilic, but it'd need several promotions to get to that level.

And the opposition they are playing or the venue doesn't come into the equation either then??

Those particular results were away at 3 of last season top 5 clubs!

But, that shouldn't make a difference, eh?

I can't believe some people are so blinkered not to be able to understand that??

EDIT: Phil K - the other game I referred to was a carling cup match, when they were level at 90 minutes, then after extra time - but lost on penalties.  :rolleyes:

Ah right.

And the opposition they are playing or the venue doesn't come into the equation either then??

Those particular results were away at 3 of last season top 5 clubs!

But, that shouldn't make a difference, eh?

I can't believe some people are so blinkered not to be able to understand that??

How many teams have those three beaten by that level ?

And that ISN'T a guide to how crappy Derby are ????

Ah right.

Hey relax Phil.  It's not all bad.  Wht's wrong with you?  Your looking at the current sitaution with negative spectacles on.  Why don't you try on them delluded spectacles that some contributors of this thread appear to wear time after time.  If you want to report SA's tactics as being questionable or the teams or individual performances as being shite even before Mondays game then my advice to you would be to not waste your time on here. Dellusion wins in the end.

They didn't have it comfortable tbh, thats quite clear although I find amusing you accuse the game of being like top trumps to me when its obvious you only see the 1 and the 0 in the whole thing :lol:

I see the result & goals because they are the only important stats.

I am off  now for pre-match bevvy & to talk about the relegation battle ahead!!!! If we win today I will start saving now for next years champions league final. If we draw, I will be checking out the number of corners & shots on & off target.

Enjoy the game today

Guest johnson293

Yes can be, but can you not comprehend that Derby are gonna try harder at their ground, in front of their own supporters??

The result wasn't helped by the fact we played badly - no one is denying that - but not everyone is flying into some sort of mouth foaming panic over ONE RESULT, like you and many others on here!

Yes can be, but can you not comprehend that Derby are gonna try harder at their ground, in front of their own supporters??

The result wasn't helped by the fact we played badly - no one is denying that - but not everyone is flying into some sort of mouth foaming panic over ONE RESULT, like you and many others on here!

293..People are expressing concern over our patterns of play over the last few games...The Derby game is where it came to a head.

Expect to see a strong reaction from the team today.

All will become clearer today.

Depends, my guess is those who like to moan will probably put a negative slant on it either way.

If we scrape a win it will not be good enough as there was that misplaced pass and we still aren't creating enough.

If we win quite comfortably its expected because we are at home and how comes we can't do that against a team that has been beaten 6-0, 5-0 and 4-0 FFS!

If we lose it confirms we arent going to break into the top 4 this season which in all honesty isn't good enough as we have been waiting decades to bring in silverware, how much longer should we be expected to wait!

Just a theory though..... ;)