Jose Enrique.

jimmymag

He's being introduced to the prem in stages, same as Beye was. He'll probably get more than a half next game then playing full games from then on......

Is this the same Beye who was thrown straight into the squad for Derby and has started every game since?

He's our only right-back and a Champions League class player.

Enough said.

Hence he wasn't introduced in stages, as was originally made out. Don't mean to be pedantic but I found it a strange comparison.

I understand the need to ease Enrique in, but if he's not ready now then when will he be ready to start a Premiership match? It's not as if he's 17 or 18, he's 21 and has plenty of experience in La Liga under his belt playing for several clubs. He'll only get Premiership experience by playing Premiership games and as has been pointed out, his absence causes problems in two positions. We need him in the team and he needs the games.

anyone who thinks N'zogbia should play at LB needs talking to, he's both wasted and a liability there

As underlined by his performance yesterday. Sam must start Enrique next week if he's fit and I've no reason to believe he isn't.

How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete, who cost over £6 million, to get match fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

What exactly has his transfer fee got to do with this?

How about this:

Q. How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete to get physically fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

A. Depends on his level of physical fitness when he arrived. Obvious, innit.

His transfer fee is usually an indication of his ability. If he's as good as people say he is why isn't he playing? That's all I want to know.

Transfer fee's mean nothing know in determining ability. All of Spurs signings for example.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

He's being introduced to the prem in stages, same as Beye was. He'll probably get more than a half next game then playing full games from then on......

Is this the same Beye who was thrown straight into the squad for Derby and has started every game since?

He's our only right-back and a Champions League class player.

Enough said.

Hence he wasn't introduced in stages, as was originally made out. Don't mean to be pedantic but I found it a strange comparison.

I understand the need to ease Enrique in, but if he's not ready now then when will he be ready to start a Premiership match? It's not as if he's 17 or 18, he's 21 and has plenty of experience in La Liga under his belt playing for several clubs. He'll only get Premiership experience by playing Premiership games and as has been pointed out, his absence causes problems in two positions. We need him in the team and he needs the games.

I feel the same. But we cannot rush him, he'll be prone to making mistakes or could get injured if he is not fully fit. N'Zogbia has done a relatively good job at left-back, but if Enrique is fit, he must start.

Enrique looked good to me when he came on. Should start.

Needs another 4 months to get used to the weather before we can start him.

Looked pretty podgy to me when he signed. Probably not fit enough for Sam yet.

it's worrying to be honest, a while back i was confident that he wouldn't start as i knew SA would intergrate him, but now it does seem he is fit, and from one of SA's quotes it seems to me that Zog is keeping him out the side, which if you ask me is even more worrying, as Zog is better employed elsewhere. It's worrying because i cant see how anyone could think that Zog is an asset at LB, its clear, when he so much more suited to the left of midfield.

Following Ferguson's slow easing of Evra into the ManU first team, and the drastic improvement in Evra's performances to the extent that hes now arguably the best left back in the country, I think its a good idea to ease Enrique into Premiership football, no matter whether hes fully fit or not.

Zoggy at LB is a disaster

I am not sure how, it is not if all the goals going in are down his flank. He is also scoring & creating goals from LB.

That's because he just plays like a left winger. I can't remember any good defensive action from him yesterday. When he should be behind a striker he's in front of him.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Evra's performances to the extent that hes now arguably the best left back in the country,

Please tell me you aren't being serious.

Following Ferguson's slow easing of Evra into the ManU first team, and the drastic improvement in Evra's performances to the extent that hes now arguably the best left back in the country, I think its a good idea to ease Enrique into Premiership football, no matter whether hes fully fit or not.

Wasn't Evra signed in the January window? Therefore he didn't have a pre-season with his team-mates etc.

If Enrique doesn't start soon, more and more fans will be asking questions and the pressure on his shoulders will be even greater. Bear in mind we don't have Heinze or Silvestre to throw in while he acclimatises, the team needs him and the fans know that. A couple of months down the line it's not like the sun will be shining and he'll be speaking fluent English either. He'll have teething problems, most foreign players do, but they overcome that by playing games which I dare say helped Evra.

I hope he'll start against Everton, but I thought he'd start yesterday.

fit enough to start i guess but fat sam too spineless to drop one of his 3 golden boys in centre midfield to change our shape to accomadate him imho.

funny how sams so spineless that he will refuse to drop smith but not so spineless that he will keep shay given out of the team when harper has done nowt to lose his place.

wonder wheather our chairman having smiths name on his back for all to see has much to do with it but i might be reading a bit too much into that  :undecided:  given and harper are not fat sams signings so hes not bothered about that imho ;)

wonder wheather our chairman having smiths name on his back for all to see has much to do with it but i might be reading a bit too much into that  :undecided: 

That crossed my mind as well. Smith's signing made little sense in terms of squad building or indeed the first team. The fact we're putting him on the right wing is testament to that. But seeing Ashley turning up to games with Smith on his back does make you wonder, he seems undroppable at the moment yet he's offering the team nothing.

wonder wheather our chairman having smiths name on his back for all to see has much to do with it but i might be reading a bit too much into that  :undecided:

That crossed my mind as well. Smith's signing made little sense in terms of squad building or indeed the first team. The fact we're putting him on the right wing is testament to that. But seeing Ashley turning up to games with Smith on his back does make you wonder, he seems undroppable at the moment yet he's offering the team nothing.

Played better than most yesterday, like.

Guest optimistic nit

Wasn't Evra signed in the January window? Therefore he didn't have a pre-season with his team-mates etc.

If Enrique doesn't start soon, more and more fans will be asking questions and the pressure on his shoulders will be even greater.

well at bolton sam didn't have to contend with the same numbers of brain dead idiots who will start getting jumpy cause a player isn't thrown in at the deap end after 24 hours in the country.