Celtic fan attack

Guest Phil K

I saw the footage and no doubt the Milan keeper made a meal of it and milked it for what it's worth, the cheating fucking bastard. But then I recall seeing our own Stevie Taylor in recent times handling the ball twice on the line to stop certain goals, then pretending he was shot in the gut to avoid detection. It didn't work mind, but he didn't get so much as a ticking off from the ref who still gave the pen in acknowledgement of the offence on at least one occasion.

Amazingly the fan managed to get out of the game last night without being arrested, finally gave himself up to the police today.

The police said if he handed himself in, they'd reduce the charge to manslaughter.

thats an outrage.. the man's obviously a threat to society

did you see, he intentionally put his arm on dida's chest, no permission or anything.

You can actually get done for assault without even touching someone, in certain circumstances making a threatening gesture or even shouting at someone can be classed as assault legally. It's a bit fucked up really.

Can't help feeling you're overreacting a wee bit there. Not all Celtic fans are bigots who make sweeping generalisations to characterise an entire fanbase...

(*ahem*...)

:fool:

I think you must be looking in the mirror when you made those last.... er...silly...comments.

The vast majority aren't bigots eh ?

Of course it isnt the majority who drape themselves in the irish tricolour is it ? Oh no. (Bollocks its not)

Its not the majority who sing religously offensive crap ? (Bollocks its not)

When Celtic come to town or on the ol' telly, do you plug in the iPod, bump up the volume, and close your eyes ?

And that (in a mirror-image way, seeing as we began with mirror-related comments) goes for the other bunch too.

I think the law of 'being a overacting tit' is reason enough for dida to be in trouble

Certainly.

But it doesnt get away from the fact that IT WAS AN ASSAULT BY A CELTIC FAN ON AN OPPOSITION PLAYER

Jesus how ***** clear does it have to be ? ? ?

There's been a huge overreaction to this, tbh. It could easily happen at SJP. Talk about being banned/docked points is ludicrous, tbh. It was the action of one man, and it was pretty benign, really.

One pillock that should have been seen by the CELEBRATING Stewarts. No effort made to stop him. Therefore Celtic must take full blame. They employ the stewarts. Therefore THEY are responsible.

If you can't see how ironic it is that you're making sweeping generalisations about a group of people, based solely on your own warped world view, then really there's nothing I can do to help you. But at least do me and yourself the favour of not going out of your way to be a myopic, narrow-minded idiot.

Guest optimistic nit

http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/images/mary-queen-of-scots_image1.gif

Bloody stuck in the 16th century, no help at all!

Mary Queen of Skirts was a Celtic fan ?

Aye, I suppose she would have been.

WTF its got to do with the question posed however.....

f****** hell. There's nothing like a massive overraction in that post or in the media, you'd think he'd murdered someone.

He attacked the keeper - and you think thats nothing ? ? ?

first post i've ever read where the phrase jesus fucking wept is appropriate :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

hope celtic get the shits for it, and dida's gets fucked to boot, what a fucking pillock.

I saw the footage and no doubt the Milan keeper made a meal of it and milked it for what it's worth, the cheating fucking bastard. But then I recall seeing our own Stevie Taylor in recent times handling the ball twice on the line to stop certain goals, then pretending he was shot in the gut to avoid detection. It didn't work mind, but he didn't get so much as a ticking off from the ref who still gave the pen in acknowledgement of the offence on at least one occasion.

taylor's was so bad it was funny though, dida's was just pathetically depressing.

Guest bluegeordie

Dunno about you, I'd guess the majority feel its a piddling thing, and shouldn't be punished too harshly.

BUT.

It was an ATTACK on a  visiting player by a fan.It doesn't matter one wet fart that the keeper milked it dramatically.

Where the **** were the stewarts ?????? I'd sack the lot. They weren't even running after him.They were ******* celebrating for God's sake !

Imbecilic at best.

I'd - honestly - make them AT LEAST play the game again. Personally, I'd reverse the score or even kick them out.

What is the only message that would stop this stupidity happening again ?

The offending club suffering, thats what.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/images/mary-queen-of-scots_image1.gif

Bloody stuck in the 16th century, no help at all!

;D ;D ;D

Funny what thoughts immediately spring to mind - given the spelling, I had them not making it down to Glasgow from the highlands in time for the match, and looking something like this as a result:

http://www.fancydress-costumes.co.uk/acatalog/meds-25251.jpg 

On a serious note though, and off the top of my head, I feel that Celtic should probably receive a sizeable fine for the fan making it so easily on to the pitch, but that it would be going too far to force them to play any future home matches behind closed doors.

Oh, and if there's any justice, then Dida (along with Rivaldo) should be forced to sit down and watch a 24-hour John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie marathon, so that he might learn something about the basics of good old fashioned masculinity. Normally, I'd eschew that sort of crap, but ffs what a ridiculous reaction by Dida, and all I can say is that I hope he never meets John Sattler, an Australian rugby league icon who played out an entire grand final having had his jaw broken in several places in the 7th minute. Ok, now I admit that's sheer madness, but surely there's a happy medium.         

The fact that the Milan manager & Seedorf both said that Celtic's support was amongst the best & that the result was not affected shows that they may just be a tad embarrassed by Dida.

The problem for Uefa is that Celtic failed to stop the fan getting on the pitch & regardless of how hard he touched Dida he did make contact.

I'd have though a sizeable fine & at least one match behind closed doors. The fan should be put in stocks before the next home game & then never be allowed in again. He was bloody stupid & no doubt regrets it (the touch on the face almost looks like an after thought - I'll take the p@ss, oh hang on, I'll touch his face as well).

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

The fan should be punished as should Celtic.

Celtic should be fined £50,000 with the fan having to contribute to that total.

Assault is not the word I'd use tbh

Kiss was it ?

The coppers say resting a hand on someone's chest unbidden or uninvited is assault - I'd say hand across face is even more so.

Thats right the coppers say that.

And I've seen a few people lifted for 'assaulting a police officer' when all they have done is place a hand on the coppers arm.

But thats the police.

I have never seen an ordinary person arrested for assault under the same conditions.

If thats your definition of assault all 22 players should have been arrested for the same crime.

Guest elbee909

Assault is not the word I'd use tbh

Kiss was it ?

The coppers say resting a hand on someone's chest unbidden or uninvited is assault - I'd say hand across face is even more so.

Thats right the coppers say that.

And I've seen a few people lifted for 'assaulting a police officer' when all they have done is place a hand on the coppers arm.

But thats the police.

I have never seen an ordinary person arrested for assault under the same conditions.

If thats your definition of assault all 22 players should have been arrested for the same crime.

This thread is an assault on common sense.

Guest toonlass

Apparantly he has been banned from attending Celtic games for life. I think this punishment is not enough. He should be made to attend every East Fife game for the rest of his life. Now there's a punishment!

Apparantly he has been banned from attending Celtic games for life. I think this punishment is not enough. He should be made to attend every East Fife game for the rest of his life. Now there's a punishment!

You're funny.

The fact that the Milan manager & Seedorf both said that Celtic's support was amongst the best & that the result was not affected shows that they may just be a tad embarrassed by Dida.

The problem for Uefa is that Celtic failed to stop the fan getting on the pitch & regardless of how hard he touched Dida he did make contact.

I'd have though a sizeable fine & at least one match behind closed doors. The fan should be put in stocks before the next home game & then never be allowed in again. He was bloody stupid & no doubt regrets it (the touch on the face almost looks like an after thought - I'll take the p@ss, oh hang on, I'll touch his face as well).

The fan is on the front of the Daily Record saying he feels he may have to leave Scotland.

Celtic fans got so many brownie points back in 2003 that the club will be judged sympathetically

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/3189853.stm

Celtic fans 'Europe's best'

The Scottish outfit's supporters received the 2003 Uefa Fair Play Award on Wednesday for their behaviour during the club's run to the Uefa Cup final last season.

European football's governing body paid tribute to the 80,000 fans that had travelled to Seville to help create a fiesta atmosphere in the Spanish city.

Celtic Supporters Association general secretary Eddie Toner said: "The Fair Play Award is a fantastic tribute to the Celtic supporters who represented the club in Europe so magnificently last season.

"Celtic supporters have travelled in large numbers throughout Europe over many years and they have rightly earned an excellent reputation during this time.

Celtic's Uefa Cup challenge will be remembered and treasured for years to come

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn

"The Fair Play Award is further recognition of the Celtic supporters' high standing in Europe and an honour which is well deserved."

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn added: "The backing the team received from supporters throughout our entire Uefa Cup run both home and away was overwhelming and the supporters' behaviour was a credit to the club.

"Despite the disappointment in Seville, Celtic's Uefa Cup challenge and the crucial role which the supporters played in this effort will be remembered and treasured for years to come."

Rivalry spurs on Celtic

Celtic season ticket holders John Byrne and John Gallagher accepted the award at the annual Uefa Football Gala in Monte Carlo.

Uefa also confirmed that it is to present a special plaque to the club's fans at Celtic Park before a match in September.