Shay Given

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People stfu. Given is the best player(in goal) at the club and will be one of the best keepers in the premiership for a long long time. c***s like most on the forum are getting on his back but at the end of the day YOU people are the ones making him nervous during games and causing him to make mistakes. Leave the guy alone he has saved us time and time again over the last 10 years.

Rooney may have a period of bad form but do you think he will get dropped for Heskey? Don't think so.

exactly. People have wayyy to short a memory.

Ive wondered for a while, whether Given's lack of prescence and leadership in the box is not made up enough by is shot stopping...

Ie, we see him make the wonder saves, but maybes someone like Van Der Sar or Jussi have to make less wonder saves, due to them keeping the defence right all the time.

Offer him plus cash to Spurs for Aaron Lennon and sign Jussi on a free. O0

Why?

Because he's a good player in a position we need filling.

Bags of potential and if Allardyce is as good a coach as some suggest he'll live up to it here.

Why?

Bags of potential and if Allardyce is as good a coach as some suggest he'll live up to it here.

More potential than Milner, or just quicker? The huge buzz around him seems to have gone quiet lately.

Why?

More potential than Milner, or just quicker? The huge buzz around him seems to have gone quiet lately.

He's alot better than Milner, Dave.

He's suffered with a few injuries over the past year, like N'Zogbia though he has all of the abilities to be a top player, he just needs someone to help him craft them.

Ive wondered for a while, whether Given's lack of prescence and leadership in the box is not made up enough by is shot stopping...

Ie, we see him make the wonder saves, but maybes someone like Van Der Sar or Jussi have to make less wonder saves, due to them keeping the defence right all the time.

keepers dont organise the defence as much as you and others think.they,like all other players will yell there is a man open etc but if you think cech organises the chelsea defence and not terry youd be wrong.

(sorry about not using apostrophies but for some reason everytime i try to use one the "quick find" thing comes on and whatever i type goes  into the quick find box.....bizzarre)

It's a football forum for fuck sake, do you want to talk about football or post petty shite like that?

Dave gets the bite!

What I don't understand is why its suddenly open season on our best player of the last 5 or 6 years just because he's got his place back and made a couple of mistakes yesterday. 

Why are these things he's not brilliant at suddenly more important now than they have been in the previous 6 years?

It's a football forum for f*** sake, do you want to talk about football or post petty s**** like that?

Dave gets the bite!

What I don't understand is why its suddenly open season on our [/b]best player of the last 5 or 6 years[/b] just because he's got his place back and made a couple of mistakes yesterday. 

Why are these things he's not brilliant at suddenly more important now than they have been in the previous 6 years?

Thats Given, not Milner youre talking about I hope?  :laugh2: You're right though. Some people are fickle. I'm not. I make my mind up who isnt good enough and wait for them to prove me right.

Nb Dave, Lennon isnt the finished article but he is a country mile better than Milner. Can never understand the 'apart from pace what does he have.....' argument.  He does have it. Milner doesnt. Neither are exceptional crossers of the ball but Lennon wins on that one too.

It's a football forum for f*** sake, do you want to talk about football or post petty s**** like that?

Dave gets the bite!

What I don't understand is why its suddenly open season on our [/b]best player of the last 5 or 6 years[/b] just because he's got his place back and made a couple of mistakes yesterday. 

Thats Given, not Milner youre talking about I hope?  :laugh2: You're right though. Some people are fickle. I'm not. I make my mind up who isnt good enough and wait for them to prove me right.

Nb Dave, Lennon isnt the finished article but he is a country mile better than Milner. Can never understand the 'apart from pace what does he have.....' argument.  He does have it. Milner doesnt. Neither are exceptional crossers of the ball but Lennon wins on that one too.

What has any of that got to do with Shay Given?

Dave gets the bite!

What has any of that got to do with Shay Given?

:idiot2: Read the posts above.

Given is by far the best keeper we have, just because Harper has made some decent saves it still doesn't rub out any of the memories of his absolutely shocking mistakes that have cost us points, like Liverpool etc, he has made far more than Given. He takes far too long with his kicking but to be fair both have shite kicking. I think though that Given is not as confident now as he was before, but think of all the points he has won for us over the years shouldn't be forgotten because of one mistake that he has made and confidence will return in him.

Given is by far the best keeper we have, just because Harper has made some decent saves it still doesn't rub out any of the memories of his absolutely shocking mistakes that have cost us points, like Liverpool etc, he has made far more than Given. He takes far too long with his kicking but to be fair both have s**** kicking. I think though that Given is not as confident now as he was before, but think of all the points he has won for us over the years shouldn't be forgotten because of one mistake that he has made and confidence will return in him.

I just htink its mindless shit. He is an exceptional keeper. Harper is decent too. Pointless thread really.