Barton and Emre in the middle?

Skirge

Guest jimmy1982

Aye, and Sam can always sub Emre for Butt at half time if we're getting a howking off someone. Or sub him for Milner and move Geremi into the middle.

It would certainly be a positive set up and would hopefully see us taking the game to the other team from the start, which is how it should be really.

Guest TampaToon

wouldn't mind emre doing the likes of what he did sunday, regularly coming on late and providing a spark against some tired legs.  he's versatile enough to be a difference maker whether we are up, down, or even, and it might help keep him fit.  with his energy and attitude, he could really disrupt a weary side

he can start a few in the left side when we are resting duff & playing the Zog at LB....we lose a bit in defending with emre\barton in a 4-4-2, rather have the stouter geremi in there alongside barton for the longer stretch of the game, armband or no.

I would consider playing both Emre and Barton at the same time, 2 players coming back from injury, as very risky. Neither will be sharp nor have match fitness and CM is a position where this will be most exposed.

Use one of them + a DM against Spurs.

As for the future, time will tell although i think there is potential for them to leave the back 4 exposed if both play their natural games.

I think, especially if we're talking about a 4-4-2, both players would like the insurance of a more defensive central midfielder who sill 'sit in' alongside them to allow them to have a more free role.

Would definately work work well in a 433/451 and i'd love to see us try them in a 442 as well, as they could prove to be our best midfield pairing! Not so sure Sam will start both in a 442, though might try them if we were behind.

Guest Alex20

----------------Given

Beye---Cascapa---Roze---Enrique

Geremi---Barton---Emre---Zoggy

---------Owen-------Martins

Drop Martins for Viduka and we're set, pretty good team.

----------------Given

Beye---Cascapa----Roze---Enrique

-----------------Faye

----Barton------------------Emre

----------Owen-------Viduka

:lol: :lol: :lol:

----------------Given

Beye---Cascapa----Roze---Enrique

-----------------Faye

----Barton------------------Emre

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol was to busy on phone not taking notice :lol:

No Barton and Emre wouldn't work. In the centre or midfield it is paramount that the players have defined roles, which would not work with these two. Neither Emre or Barton should specifically defined as DM as they are not natural in this position, where as Butt, Geremi and Faye are. If these two were in the same team there are other ways it could work:

Butt

Barton                  Emre

or Emre on the left:

Butt

Barton

Milner                                       Emre

or if your crazy in the diamond:

Butt

Geremi                  Emre

Barton

or boring 451:

Milner    Barton   Butt   Emre     N'Zogbia

wasn't emre almost exclusively a LM before souness and roeder got their hands on him?

Don't know for sure, but i remember thinking that we'd signed a left-winger when he came in...

He was a LM on all the games anyway. :D

----------------Given

Beye---Cacapa----Roze---Enrique

-----------------Butt

----Milner------Barton-------N'Zogbia

Subs: Emre, Smith, Faye, Geremi, Martins, Taylor

Bold having one player on the bench too many...And still not one of them being a keep!

Guest TampaToon

wasn't emre almost exclusively a LM before souness and roeder got their hands on him?

He was a central midfielder for Inter and Galatasaray.

thanks, can't say i knew much about him besides his press clippings before he arrived, but i do recall owen going on quite a bit about how we'd landed ourselves a "proper" left side\left-footed player....

He was a central midfielder for Inter and Galatasaray.

thanks, can't say i knew much about him besides his press clippings before he arrived, but i do recall owen going on quite a bit about how we'd landed ourselves a "proper" left side\left-footed player....

Strange considering Owen signed on deadline day, while Emre came in June/July.