Barton and Emre in the middle?

Skirge

Guest optimistic nit

aye with butt as the 3rd cm. i'd probably rotate the 2 tbh, odd being able to leave out good players who aren't injured isn't it ;)

I dont think they'd work to be honest, i think Barton is an up and down midfileder which would hinder emre a little, just like parker did, put them 2 in a 3 man midfiled then maybe, but i think its important that Emre is given the attacking midfield/playmaker role in its entirety.

Guest shagthefluff

the questions for me is how well they would comminicate so that we wouldnt be left exposed.theres no question that emre is a gem when on song.why is everyone asumming that barton will walk in and be brilliant straight from the off?im excited about him in our midfield but it'll take him a good few games to get to form.if we played 4-4-3 we could have 1 def mid (geremi/butt) and both emre and barton.therefore giving emre the playmakers role and allowing barton to join the attack frequently.im just putting that out there as i know how better balanced we look with a 4-4-2!

deffo 100% go for it!! remember best form of defense is attack.  Anyway both of them give there all and dont mind getting stuck in.  I think its perfect and you DONT NEED a defensive midfielder.

duff    emre      barton      smith

to me that midfield is pure quality. 

emre and barton centre mid YES

NO! one or the other playing with a more defensive mid will suit us best.  if we were to play a 4-5-1 against a top 4 team on the road both of them could fit in the squad in a midfield and attack like this:

milner/geremi,          faye/butt,            n'zogbia/duff

barton,                emre

owen

Yep.. It'd work, at least against inferior sides, still I think we'll be using a three man midfield.. So throw some Geremi into the mix and we've got ourselves a winning combination imo.. Especially with Zog/Owen/Martins/Viduka/Smith/Milner fighting for a place in the front three.

I'd have Emre playing in the hole behind the forward. Our midfield would be a bit lightweight with him, Zoggy and Milner. Let him do what he's good at, not stuck on the halfway line trying to win the ball back in vain.

the questions for me is how well they would comminicate so that we wouldnt be left exposed.theres no question that emre is a gem when on song.why is everyone asumming that barton will walk in and be brilliant straight from the off?im excited about him in our midfield but it'll take him a good few games to get to form.if we played 4-4-3 we could have 1 def mid (geremi/butt) and both emre and barton.therefore giving emre the playmakers role and allowing barton to join the attack frequently.im just putting that out there as i know how better balanced we look with a 4-4-2!

Aye. 4-4-3 would definitely give us an edge...

Its a midfield we should be playing at home against weaker opposition, which should be half the league - providing the central defence is solid enough.

"Weaker" opposition? Sounds like Spurs fan type stuff, tbh. Nowt personal, though.

You select your strongest team and that's it.

Its a midfield we should be playing at home against weaker opposition, which should be half the league - providing the central defence is solid enough.

"Weaker" opposition? Sounds like Spurs fan type stuff, tbh. Nowt personal, though.

You select your strongest team and that's it.

Particularly given the fact it's normally 'weaker' opposition we tend to come a cropper against.

Guest jimmy1982

Depends what system Sam settles on.

If we play his 433 i think it could work with Butt,Barton,Emre.

In a 442 I think Butt and Barton would be the most consistently effective combination in the middle, even if not necessarily the most inventive on the ball.

Early days and I hope Beye turns out to be class but my gut feeling is that Geremi could well turn out to be our best right back.