Coventry City narrowly avoid administration...

Incognito

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

38 mill in debt and no saleable assets.Don't even part own the Ricoh.proposed buy outs,5,have all fallen through.This could be the first club for donkeys to go to the wall.

Wrexham

Rotherham

Scarborough

To a lesser extent, Brentford who seem likely to be dieing quietly.

It's ironic that there's more money in the game than ever before, but more and more biggish clubs seem to be hitting difficulties.

A major problem seems to be this huge gap in money between the Premiership and the other divisions. It encourages clubs to take risks to get there or stay there, and if they don't come straight back up when relegated, they land in trouble. We weren't a million miles away from doing a Leeds ourselves over the last few years.

Rumours here are that Souness was interested in buying the club but only had 25 mill with his consortium against 38 mill of debt and a council who half own the stadium and refuse to sell for less than a tidy profit,Tories by the way,who were in opposition when Ricoh was proposed and built,and voted against it.Something stinks in the whole affair.

It's ironic that there's more money in the game than ever before, but more and more biggish clubs seem to be hitting difficulties.

A major problem seems to be this huge gap in money between the Premiership and the other divisions.

I think there's more money in the EPL than ever before. Beneath that, everything remains similar. So you've got rapidly inflating wages for even just passable EPL standard players, and not the increase in Championship prize money to pay them.

Whilst it remains so tricky for non-EU players to get a visa to play I can't see a solution. Big Sam detailed earlier this year just how much of a rip off British players are. I think the visa restrictions need to be relaxed so Championship clubs can go recruiting worldwide, where the wage expectations aren't so high.

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

didn't they spunk quite a bit of money by Champ standards in the summer window n all. They have a fair few highish profile players.

A million in total on fees

Guest jamesmartinsmith

didn't they spunk quite a bit of money by Champ standards in the summer window n all. They have a fair few highish profile players.

A million in total on fees

6 or 7 frees.

Noriwch also have big financial problems.

In 2005 in the Premiership they had income of £37m.

In 2006 with a £7m parachute payment they had an income of £25m

In 2007 it will be similar.

In 2008 with no parachute payment it will be £17m. So from £37m to £17m in a couple of years. That must be horrendous to try and cope with.

In 2008 with no parachute payment it will be £17m. So from £37m to £17m in a couple of years. That must be horrendous to try and cope with.

Delia is in the process of selling her shares i read yday n all.

Rumours here are that Souness was interested in buying the club but only had 25 mill with his consortium against 38 mill of debt and a council who half own the stadium and refuse to sell for less than a tidy profit,Tories by the way,who were in opposition when Ricoh was proposed and built,and voted against it.Something stinks in the whole affair.

god help you if you have souness in charge- in any capacity!! i wouldnt give him a job cleaning the pissers

Something dodgy is going on at Norwich like - they've sold all their assets for good money (not crazy money like some do, but decent) and they're still absolutely skint.

god help you if you have souness in charge- in any capacity!! i wouldnt give him a job cleaning the pissers

Not me!!!I just had the misfortune of being born here.

You're not far from me, then, billy, sadly.

Sadly in the sense that I am currently domiciled closer to Coventry than I'd like.

You're not far from me, then, billy, sadly.

Sadly in the sense that I am currently domiciled closer to Coventry than I'd like.

18 miles as the crow flies mate.A dead city if there ever was such a place.

Something dodgy is going on at Norwich like - they've sold all their assets for good money (not crazy money like some do, but decent) and they're still absolutely skint.

just the fact that there is no money coming in, and players who have played in the Premiership want Premiership money

just the fact that there is no money coming in, and players who have played in the Premiership want Premiership money

have norwich got many players from the prem days still on their books ?

have norwich got many players from the prem days still on their books ?

Huckerby, Dublin, Doherty probably command a decent wage i'd imagine.