Dida suspended for 2 matches

Keefaz

OMG they'll get thrown out Milan'll be awarded the win and they'll play behind closed doors for 50 years  :rolleyes:

At least UEFA have some common sense.

Hardly sends out the right message to Celtic.

If this sort of thing happened to a foreign club people on here would be going crazy.

:crazy2:

Celtic got off with a £25k fine. :lol:

Which they won't have to pay unless they breach a two year probation order.  I'm relieved that they've been treated leniently but I don't see why Milan have been treated as the more guilty party given that it wasn't a situation of their making ???

Which they won't have to pay unless they breach a two year probation order.  I'm relieved that they've been treated leniently but I don't see why Milan have been treated as the more guilty party given that it wasn't a situation of their making ???

Some would say it was a situation of their making.

If Dida hadn't reacted (and I'm sure he didn't need to) then we wouldn't even be talking about it now.

Milan havent been charged with anything?

If someone runs on the pitch you get a fine and Celtic have been fined, everything else is down to that puff Didi.

Glad to see Dida supsended - that was shamefull - and such a pretence.  Excellent job by UEFA to suspend him.

Thought that Celtic might have been hit harder than they were though. They seemed to get off lightly .

Milan will probably appeal, blaming Celtic for the problem, and have the 2 game ban reduced to a bye into the next round.

And talking of appeals...(cos I can't start a new threat-it's gott go here)...when teams appeal a decision they should have to put something into the appeal before it's hear.

If Milan can automatically appeal the 2 game suspension, and try to get it reduced without any risk to them, of course they will lodge the appeal.  But if they had to risk an additional game suspension if the appeal was upheld they would have to think more about whether the appeal was a worthwhile risk or not. 

It's like teams wanting to file a protest in my local league - you have to submit a $100 bond that is returned if your appeal is upheld but kept by the league if the appeal is overturned.  It cuts down on all the minor protests because you have something to risk in the process.

If Dida was suspended for two games (with an automatic additional one game suspension if they appeal but their orginal decision is upheld) then I bet Milan take the 2 games and got on with it. 

Anyone appealing a decision needs to put some additional skin in the game beyond the original punishment.

Milan havent been charged with anything?

If someone runs on the pitch you get a fine and Celtic have been fined, everything else is down to that puff Didi.

The bit in bold - I probably didn't word that correctly but Milan are the harder hit out of the two clubs by the punishments.

As for the second part, yes someone ran onto the pitch and yes, in this case, it didn't result in injury.  But I just think we're setting a pretty dangerous example if we start saying that it's more or less OK to run onto the pitch as long as you don't hurt anybody.  One of these days...

denmark got fined much more than that for a spectator running on to the pitch against sweden - and we were sentenced to play at least 300 k's away from copenhagen for the following three matches.

as for dida - serves him right that little girl