Berbatov slept with Shearer

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mobiius

I would swap him with any of our strikers to be honest he is the best in my opinion and it was demonstrated last year when he was on team of season.

far better to get him as well as dynt. the thing i like about him is he sets up a hell of a lot of goals as well as scoring them.he would be an excellent partner for either oba, owen or vids or tbh any 2 of those mentioned. would love to see it happen and with Big mick having the money you never know. nobody foresaw little mickey coming to the toon. Big Al was very influential in that move maybe he could be in this. i agree that these days sentiment plays a tiny part but that little bit of sentiment may be the edge we need. one thing that is certain and that is he dosnt look happy at spuds. so who knows!

I would swap him with any of our strikers to be honest he is the best in my opinion and it was demonstrated last year when he was on team of season.

far better to get him as well as dynt. the thing i like about him is he sets up a hell of a lot of goals as well as scoring them.he would be an excellent partner for either oba, owen or vids or tbh any 2 of those mentioned. would love to see it happen and with Big mick having the money you never know. nobody foresaw little mickey coming to the toon. Big Al was very influential in that move maybe he could be in this. i agree that these days sentiment plays a tiny part but that little bit of sentiment may be the edge we need. one thing that is certain and that is he dosnt look happy at spuds. so who knows!

???

Guest Knightrider

Not worth the price he'd likely cost and we could do better. Anelka and Diouf together would probably cost what he'd go for and I'd much rather have them. As Baggio said he's massively overrated. Good player though and the kind we could do with, a creative goalscoring forward. Gudjohnson would be a cheaper and more realistic option though if we're after such a player.

I don't think Berbatov is over rated at all, he is such a quality player.  And to say we could do better is arrogant and ridiculous.

Gudjohnsen would be cheaper for a reason.  Berbatov is much, much, much better.  And I don't think Gudjohnsen is any more realistic to sign tbh.

We're not going to do much if we always go for "the cheaper option."  You need to spend big bucks if you want the best players.  The likes of Berbatov or Huntelaar would be the ideal singing and it would be worth spending around £20m on either of them.  Could probably get Huntelaar for <17m.

Berbatov is overrated by the press but he's possibly exactly what we need. He's the type of striker who could partner anybody, due to his hold up and link up play. He'd cost a fortune though and despite all these stories, would almost certainly see us as a sideways step.

Guest Ridzuan

Knew about it long time ago and it would be great if he decide to play for us one day but I dont think it will happen,unless of course with some help from Big Al.Berbatov and Owen upfront would be a great partnership though I still prefer Viduka.

Guest Stephen927

Can't see it happening without us paying an absolutely ridiculous sum for him, probably at least £25m.

Would be a good partner for either Martins or Owen, and would have been a good successor for the Duke.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Can't see it happening without us paying an absolutely ridiculous sum for him, probably at least £25m.

Would be a good partner for either Martins or Owen, and would have been a good successor for the Duke.

Could of only been possible with fat fred :p

Personally i'd like to see a fully fit Dean Ashton here in a couple of years to partner Owen or Martins.

In a couple of years Ashton will probably need a zimmer frame to get around the pitch. Have you seen his hairline? 23 my arse. Obafemi Martins eat your heart out.

Would love Berbatov and Dean ashton here, these are the sort of players we should be targeting as they are top draw. Ashtons injury record concerns me a bit as he seems to struggle for fitness alot. Either would obviously cost alot too especially in comparrisson to players like Anelka and Diouf.

Maybe we could eventually swap someone plus alot of cash somewhere down the line for one of them?  But next season Edmilson, Diouf plus either Berbatov or Ashton would be absolutely amazingly fantastic! Berbatov in particular with either Owen or Martins could rival any strikeforce in the Premiership and possibly Europe. 

overrated player.. as simple as that... would never score more than 15 goal at premiership... and he will be lucky to score that 15

:idiot2: :cheesy: mackems.gif

true isn't it? unless you just watch football last week in spuds game for first time in your entire life? and you say.... wow berbatov can kick a ball on the grass... then you become hysterical...

overrated player.. as simple as that... would never score more than 15 goal at premiership... and he will be lucky to score that 15

:idiot2: :cheesy: mackems.gif

true isn't it? unless you just watch football last week in spuds game for first time in your entire life? and you say.... wow berbatov can kick a ball on the grass... then you become hysterical...

:lol: :lol:

Class.

Guest jimmy1982

Agree that he's overrated, but almost every good player is these days - not many 'unsung heroes'  in the top flight, due to the massive media exposure of the game everywhere you look. He's still a top footballer though. Can't see him coming here just for sentimental reasons.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2819095,00.html

Rummours of a Jol Brebatov rift. Hopefully he's trying to engineer a move to his favorite team!!

This would be one trophy signing i'd welcolme, he was class for the short time he was on the pitch last night top top quality player. If big Mike wants to buy us a great present then look no further. Him with Owen/Martins would be something else.