Mike Ashley: Toon is not for sale

Guest sicko2ndbest

They're all listed in dollars at the sources I've looked at, seems quite pointless to convert them all wouldn't you say? :)

No because we are in the UK where the currency is pounds sterling.

Besides which the dollars value is dropping like a tarts knickers these days so all those estimates of wealth are undoubtedly wrong.

'We are in the UK where the currency is the pound sterling'....well, I hope you enjoy it while it lasts, pal, because after last Friday's stitch-up by your Govt, your currency will soon be the Euro - you, know, the one that the Frech & Germans are complaining about because its now 'too strong' against the dollar, so they can't sell the Yanks their cars, cheese, wine, perfume etc etc....

Maybe the assets should have been quoted in Euros...!!???

They're all listed in dollars at the sources I've looked at, seems quite pointless to convert them all wouldn't you say? :)

Besides which the dollars value is dropping like a tarts knickers these days so all those estimates of wealth are undoubtedly wrong.

'We are in the UK where the currency is the pound sterling'....well, I hope you enjoy it while it lasts, pal, because after last Friday's stitch-up by your Govt, your currency will soon be the Euro - you, know, the one that the Frech & Germans are complaining about because its now 'too strong' against the dollar, so they can't sell the Yanks their cars, cheese, wine, perfume etc etc....

The Frech(sic) can't sell the yanks their cars,cheese wine perfume etc etc etc because of the strong euro?

And the US was always such a loyal customer to France  ;D

My point is that Ashley made his fortune in pounds sterling, quoting a foreign currency is laziness.

Is the pound dead weak then?

Is the pound dead weak then?

The Pound calling the Euro too strong is akin to Shola complaining about Martins' bad first touch.

It doesn't matter what country we're in man.  What matters is that the comparison being made will be no different no matter what currency its converted into so its pointless to do so.

If you feel some need to have everything in pounds for no reason then be my guest, I won't bother thanks :)

Well obviously yes, 2sheds does :)  He would like me to quote each amount of money in the currency where the person made that money.  So I'd convert Ashley's fortune into pounds, Abramovich's fortune into Rubles, Shiniwatra's into Baht ect.  I mean we would then have a comparison that wouldn't actually be comparable.. but 2sheds would be ecstatic so who cares? :lol:

EDIT: I'd assumed Russia had changed to Euro but apparently not :)

Well obviously yes, 2sheds does :)  He would like me to quote each amount of money in the currency where the person made that money.  So I'd convert Ashley's fortune into pounds, Abramovich's fortune into Rubles, Shiniwatra's into Baht ect.  I mean we would then have a comparison that wouldn't actually be comparable.. but 2sheds would be ecstatic so who cares? :lol:

EDIT: I'd assumed Russia had changed to Euro but apparently not :)

Try paying to get into SJP in dollars you fuckwitt.

If you can't be arsed to look up british based billionaires in the british currency don't bother.