Dawson

Cajun

yes and that is why i said CAPABLE.

Berbatov isn't capable of getting 15+ goals though.

Why isn't he?  Certainly looked capable last season.  If he were as selfish as say... RVN, he'd reach the mark quite easily. 

He isnt though and thats why he didn't and won't.

Well, with a new manager coming in, he just might do that.  Berbatov is quality, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Guest kingdawson

Why isn't he?  Certainly looked capable last season.  If he were as selfish as say... RVN, he'd reach the mark quite easily.  

Well, with a new manager coming in, he just might do that.  Berbatov is quality, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Im glad someone else noticed that.

I'm not mate, he's undoubtedly a quality player, I'm just not sure he's as good a goalscorer as he's being made out to be, certainly not in the Premiership.  He's a bit like Bergkamp in that respect, who only got 16 once, and his previous highest was 12.

The word CAPABLE escapes some people, I suppose. 

I'm not mate, he's undoubtedly a quality player, I'm just not sure he's as good a goalscorer as he's being made out to be, certainly not in the Premiership.  He's a bit like Bergkamp in that respect, who only got 16 once, and his previous highest was 12.

If used properly, I have no doubt in my mind that he could break the 20 goal mark.  You're missing the point though, he's as good as people are making out because not only does he score goals, he creates them as well.  That is what makes him better than most in the league, mate. 

Its just my opinion that he isn't capable of getting so many goals.  Apart from the likes of Lampard, there aren't a lot of non out-and-out goalscorers who get over 15 goals, especially outside the top 4.  Its actually surprising when you look at the statistics.  Time will tell I suppose, if Spurs are to get top half, he'll probably have to get in the region of another 14-16 goals in the remainder of the season mind, as will Bent / Keane.

Its just my opinion that he isn't capable of getting so many goals.  Apart from the likes of Lampard, there aren't a lot of non out-and-out goalscorers who get over 15 goals, especially outside the top 4.  Its actually surprising when you look at the statistics.  Time will tell I suppose, if Spurs are to get top half, he'll probably have to get in the region of another 14-16 goals in the remainder of the season mind, as will Bent / Keane.

You are a persistent, bugger, I'll give you that. 

:lol:

I'd also say I'd love him to be signing for us, will that do? :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

he's like bergkamp in the sense that he's got great technical ability, he's foreign and his name begins with a b. not in any other ways though imo. he's not a support striker, he's a main striker.

Guest kingdawson

he's like bergkamp in the sense that he's got great technical ability, he's foreign and his name begins with a b. not in any other ways though imo. he's not a support striker, he's a main striker.

This is right :thup:.

I'm not mate, he's undoubtedly a quality player, I'm just not sure he's as good a goalscorer as he's being made out to be, certainly not in the Premiership.  He's a bit like Bergkamp in that respect , who only got 16 once, and his previous highest was 12.

I've highlighted the point I was trying to make, which was in terms of his contribution in terms of goals.

Add 5 goals to his tally?  ;)

Add 5 goals to his tally?  ;)

Nah, he'll never be that good, even playing for us ;)