Dawson

Cajun

ummmmmmmmm 25%?? last season then.

I live with a Pompey fan and, although he tells me that Primus is one of the most underrated players in the prem, he would never say he's as good as Campbell. Or Distin, for that matter.

Guest kingdawson

Scy who in your opinion has the best strike partnership again??

McCarthy and Santa Cruz.

And "lol" at the Primus comment.

How sad and pathetic tbh. Berbatov and Keane managed 45 goals between them last season and were recognised as being one of the best strike partnerships yet you decide to choose a patnership that have barely played 10 premiership games together. Quite sad really.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season.

:lol:

You 100% sure about that?

million percent tbh.

Here's Linvoy Primus' 2007-08 appearance record thus far:

Total (Club) 0 (0) 0 0 0

League 0 (0) 0 0 0

FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

European/Others 0 (0) 0 0 0

How sure did you say?

Best post ever.

Haha! Superb.

Basically sums up all this biased bullshit.  :thup:  bluelaugh.gif

McCarthy and Santa Cruz.

How sad and pathetic tbh. Berbatov and Keane managed 45 goals between them last season and were recognised as being one of the best strike partnerships yet you decide to choose a patnership that have barely played 10 premiership games together. Quite sad really.

Once again you berate my opinion because it differs to yours, quite sad. How many of those 45 goals were in the cup games? Against inferior teams.

And I think I need to point out I'm talking about the now, not the past.

Edit: Only 23 goals in the league between them. McCarthy got 18 on his own.

Guest kingdawson

Having seen Spurs live on TV several times this season, my impressions are that whilst they have had several serious injuries to players, their entire squad is not strong enough to qualify for europe this season. Berbatov must have an aversion to the NE because he was abysmal against both us and the mackems. His record this season supports the fact that he could be a one season wonder who doesnt have the courage for a battle.

It is a disgrace the way Defoe has been treated by your club because in an ideal world, he is by far, Spurs most potent striker. King is a good player but too injury prone and whilst I like youmg Bale, he has a lot to learn yet.

Much of the midfield is vastly over rated. Malbranque, Tainio, Jenas and Zakora are far too inconsistent whilst Lennon is too injury prone.

Yaou need to re-assess the quality of your squad before you come out with outlandish statements about being a better quality squad outside the top four when clearly, you are not. It would seem many of the teams around us, Blackburn, Pompey, Villa, City in particular, have improved so much whilst Spurs are going backwards.

Martin Jol made a similar outlandish statement in the press just before the game against us and unwisely stressed how much better you lot are than us. Seems to me that King Dawson is affected by the same misguided viewpojnt.

On the subject of best players outside the top four, there are several who you could put ahead of any spuds players:

Goalkeeper: Robinson doesnt even rate a mention. Anyone of Given, Friedel, James and Green would qualify

Defender:  Take your pick from Yobo, Faye, Laursen, Campbell, Johnson, Richards etc

Midfield: Has to be Elano of Man City with our own N'Zogbia, Arteta, Bentley in contention.

Forwards: Martins, Santa Cruz, Aglonhar (sp), Keane, Mwarani (sp) would be in contention

So, out of that little lot, Robbie Keane is the only Spuds player who would currently qualify and I think that proves the point just how far Spuds have gone backwards.

LONG MAY IT LAST.

So you think all those defenders youve mentioned are better then King and all those strikers are better then Berbatov?

Guest kingdawson

McCarthy and Santa Cruz.

Once again you berate my opinion because it differs to yours, quite sad. How many of those 45 goals were in the cup games? Against inferior teams.

No i berate your opinion because it is an opinion that is laughable tbh and most if not all neutrals would  agree (altough its not as bad as macca888's opinion that Benjani and agbolohor are better then Berbatov. I never let my hatred for something cloud my judgement so im happy with that :thup:.

Having seen Spurs live on TV several times this season, my impressions are that whilst they have had several serious injuries to players, their entire squad is not strong enough to qualify for europe this season. Berbatov must have an aversion to the NE because he was abysmal against both us and the mackems. His record this season supports the fact that he could be a one season wonder who doesnt have the courage for a battle.

It is a disgrace the way Defoe has been treated by your club because in an ideal world, he is by far, Spurs most potent striker. King is a good player but too injury prone and whilst I like youmg Bale, he has a lot to learn yet.

Much of the midfield is vastly over rated. Malbranque, Tainio, Jenas and Zakora are far too inconsistent whilst Lennon is too injury prone.

Yaou need to re-assess the quality of your squad before you come out with outlandish statements about being a better quality squad outside the top four when clearly, you are not. It would seem many of the teams around us, Blackburn, Pompey, Villa, City in particular, have improved so much whilst Spurs are going backwards.

Martin Jol made a similar outlandish statement in the press just before the game against us and unwisely stressed how much better you lot are than us. Seems to me that King Dawson is affected by the same misguided viewpojnt.

On the subject of best players outside the top four, there are several who you could put ahead of any spuds players:

Goalkeeper: Robinson doesnt even rate a mention. Anyone of Given, Friedel, James and Green would qualify

Defender:  Take your pick from Yobo, Faye, Laursen, Campbell, Johnson, Richards etc

Midfield: Has to be Elano of Man City with our own N'Zogbia, Arteta, Bentley in contention.

Forwards: Martins, Santa Cruz, Aglonhar (sp), Keane, Mwarani (sp) would be in contention

So, out of that little lot, Robbie Keane is the only Spuds player who would currently qualify and I think that proves the point just how far Spuds have gone backwards.

LONG MAY IT LAST.

So you think all those defenders youve mentioned are better then King and all those strikers are better then Berbatov?

My opinion on the merits of King et al....

Ability wise King sits top of that pile, one of the few defenders outside of the top 4 who would improve the defneces of all of last seasons top 4.

However it is wrong to say that King is a better player (at present) due to his injuries. On the treatment table King has as much ability as a defender as an injured Bramble does. Fact.

Until he shakes off this recurring problem I would definitely take one of Yobo, Campbell or Richards above him.

McCarthy and Santa Cruz.

No i berate your opinion because it is an opinion that is laughable tbh and most if not all neutrals would  agree (altough its not as bad as macca888's opinion that Benjani and agbolohor are better then Berbatov. I never let my hatred for something cloud my judgement so im happy with that :thup:.

Laughable as it's diffrent to yours tbh.  You're telling me a pair of strikers who only got 23 goals in the league between them are better than a player who got 18 on his own last season and a player who has 4 by November this season? Add the fact that Keane Berbatov cost a combined £18M where as Santa Cruz and McCarthy cost £6M.

Seriously, I like Spurs the club but your fans are the most deluded on the planet.

I simply wouldn't pay money for Ledley King. Right now he has no football career.

Same as Woody at Madrid, and Owen last year, all with horrendous recent injury records, all struggling to show people what they can do because of it.

King is a great defender, but not as good as Woodgate, certainly not as good as Terry or Rio, but there's nothing much better thats English out there apart from that, Sol is good but age is showing. But King at his peak uninjured will never be as good as Sol was in his day, or Terry is now.

LONG MAY IT LAST.

Got to admit they should be in there normally (based on last year), but if you based the lists on just this years performances or at the moment its probably near enough correct.

I'd take Richards ahead of King anyway. And I rate King.

Richards is far better than King tbh. So is Campbell, Woodgate, Terry, Ferdinand, Carvalho etc I'd say Carragher is on the same level. It's early days but Cacapa is a far better reader of the game than King but they have different qualities.

King is decent but his importance to Spurs is in his presence as much as his ability.

King Dawson

How long has King been out? 7 months, is it? So, tell me, what benefit has that been to you? Jol saeems to be relying too much on the lads return, IMO. One of two things will happen here. He will either get injured again or his confidence will be broken due to the situation you are currently in and the colleagues hye has to play with at the back.

There is no doubt that he is a good player when fit but those days are rare, wouldnt you say?

As for Berbatov, I was interested to read Harry Redknapp and Tim Sherwoods comments on him today. Both men believe that he is a liability and lacks the attitude to consistently be a top player in the EPL. Redknapp even cites that if Spurs put him up for sale, Alex Ferguson would probably not be interested in signing him anymore after his churlishness the other night. And we all know SAF is no fool.

I noticed you omitted to answer my comments about the most consistent scorer on your books, Defoe. Seems to me that your manager lacks basic man management skills in handling players and needs to re-assess his position. I could not believe that Defoe wasnt even in the squad on monday night. In fact, he is more dangerous than Berbatov as a goalscorer, IMO.

Anyway, once again, based on current (this season to date) form, which Tottenham Hotspur players stand out in the EPL outside the top 4?

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Cant really call it overrating my players can you when everyone so far that has posted on this topic agreed that we deserved 5th place because we played the best football and were the better team (not s**** about other teams being weakend).

I would love to hear who you have down better then Ledley King tbh?

I haven't disagreed that you didn't deserve 5th place, I just think it was down to the work of Jol and the general shitness of the teams about you more than sheer quality of your team. The end of season table will show this.

And off the top of my head I'll say Sol Campbell (has been brilliant for Pompey) is better than King tbh. Didn't he use to play for you?

Oh, and even if I was to think King was the best defender out the top 4 and agreed with you over it. That still wouldn't mean you have the best team player for player outside the top 4. I'd like to see your opinion on who has the best defender/defence etc outside the top 4 tbh.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been shite this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

Best goalkeeper : Michael Dawson

Best defender: Michael Dawson

Best midfielder: Michael Dawson

Best striker : Michael Dawson

Cant really call it overrating my players can you when everyone so far that has posted on this topic agreed that we deserved 5th place because we played the best football and were the better team (not s**** about other teams being weakend).

I would love to hear who you have down better then Ledley King tbh?

I haven't disagreed that you didn't deserve 5th place, I just think it was down to the work of Jol and the general shitness of the teams about you more than sheer quality of your team. The end of season table will show this.

And off the top of my head I'll say Sol Campbell (has been brilliant for Pompey) is better than King tbh. Didn't he use to play for you?

Oh, and even if I was to think King was the best defender out the top 4 and agreed with you over it. That still wouldn't mean you have the best team player for player outside the top 4. I'd like to see your opinion on who has the best defender/defence etc outside the top 4 tbh.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been s**** this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

Best goalkeeper : Given or friedel (given just shades it i think)

Best defender: King

Best midfielder: Arteta

Best striker : Berbatov

If we aint taking injuries into account i'd say Owen is better than Berb because Owen will score a lot more goals.

But Berbatov will create far more goals and will do far more for the team. Depends what you want from a striker really, A striker that is capable of scoring 20 + premiership goals and a handful of assist or a striker that is capable of scoring 15 + premiership goals and double figures in assists?

Owen has never scored 20 Premiership goals.  Berbatov has never scored 15.  Apart from that.............

yes and that is why i said CAPABLE.

Berbatov isn't capable of getting 15+ goals though.

Why isn't he?  Certainly looked capable last season.  If he were as selfish as say... RVN, he'd reach the mark quite easily.