Spurs appoint Juande Ramos

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RAMOS SIGNS!!!!!!!  :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/tottenhamhotspurappointsnewheadcoach.html

:celb: :celb: :celb:

I'm doing it for a diffrent reason to you btw.

Yay! Spurs have a better manager than us who plays entertaining football! :celb:

Jesus wept.

It is when I think he will fail there.

RAMOS SIGNS!!!!!!!  :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/tottenhamhotspurappointsnewheadcoach.html

Yay! Spurs have a better manager than us who plays entertaining football! :celb:

Jesus wept.

Based on what exactly?

we shall see but judging on your previous posts and opinions, im not at all scared.

What? That McCarthy and Santa Cruz are a better pairing than Berb's and Keane? That's completely sane to some of the shit you spout.

I'm still waiting for a reply explaining how a strike partnership that cost £18M and scored 23 goals in the league between them is better than a striker partnership that's made up of a player who cost £2.5M and got 18 league goals (that's 5 less than BOTH Berbs and Keane) and a player who has 4 goals by November and cost £3.5M.

Jesus wept.

Based on what exactly?

I don't mean he will fail as in get them relegated or something. I think he will fail in the sense that he won't get them into the top 4.

And apart from his stint at Sevilla he's not great shakes tbh.

Jesus wept.

Based on what exactly?

I don't mean he will fail as in get them relegated or something. I think he will fail in the sense that he won't get them into the top 4.

So if Allardyce fails to get us into the top 4 he's failed too?

We're not aiming for the top 4....yet  :laugh:

Neither is Ramos though, he's taking over a team near the bottom of the league and will be looking to steady the ship this season.

Guest kingdawson

we shall see but judging on your previous posts and opinions, im not at all scared.

What? That McCarthy and Santa Cruz are a better pairing than Berb's and Keane? That's completely sane to some of the s*** you spout.

I'm still waiting for a reply explaining how a strike partnership that cost £18M and scored 23 goals in the league between them is better than a striker partnership that's made up of a player who cost £2.5M and got 18 league goals (that's 5 less than BOTH Berbs and Keane) and a player who has 4 goals by November and cost £3.5M.

ok number 1 the price is irrelevant so stop going on about it.

Your judging a pair of strikers that have played 10 games at most together against a pair of strikers that have had a season of playing together and scoring and creating bucketloads of goals. Judging a strikeforce isnt just judging the ammounts of goals they score (especially considering Mcarthy and Cruz are both typical target man strikers). its about judging the movement, passing and how well they work together. From what ive seen, mccarthy and Cruz havent actually linked up that well, its just that there both excellent individual strikers that are capable of scoring a lot of goals regardless of who they play for.

Neither is Ramos though, he's taking over a team near the bottom of the league and will be looking to steady the ship this season.

But the Spurs board are. If Ramos doesn't get them in the top 4 by the end of his 3rd season I can see them giving him the boot. The same can't be said for Allardyce...

Guest kingdawson

Jesus wept.

Based on what exactly?

again a load of steaming bollocks. He's been a success at near enough every club he's been at but i guess you judge success just on winning trophies :rolleyes:.

But the Spurs board are. If Ramos doesn't get them in the top 4 by the end of his 3rd season I can see them giving him the boot. The same can't be said for Allardyce...

That must mean the Spurs board has more ambition than ours then.

Your judging a pair of strikers that have played 10 games at most together against a pair of strikers that have had a season of playing together and scoring and creating bucketloads of goals. Judging a strikeforce isnt just judging the ammounts of goals they score (especially considering Mcarthy and Cruz are both typical target man strikers). its about judging the movement, passing and how well they work together. From what ive seen, mccarthy and Cruz havent actually linked up that well, its just that there both excellent individual strikers that are capable of scoring a lot of goals regardless of who they play for.

How on earth is the price irrelevant? You've paid out an extra £15.5M for a pair of strikers than McCarthy cost Blackburn and those strikers only managed 5 more goals than him.

And I'll rate a pair of strikers on how many goals they get between them. If that's more than another pair of strikers then the first pair is the better strike force. You can cry on about "judging the movement, passing and how well they work together" all you want, but if that doesn't produce as many goals as a strike pairing that doesn't play as fluently together then it's all irrelevant in the end.

At the moment, yes.

At the moment, yes.

Then they've got a better board than us.

3 years should be long enough to turn around a decent squad of players into a top 4 manager, if you can't do it then you should rightly lose your job.

I'd rather their approach over ours if we plan on letting fat Sam scratch his arse around mid table and the Uefas cup places without any pressure to push on.

Guest kingdawson

How on earth is the price irrelevant? You've paid out an extra £15.5M for a pair of strikers than McCarthy cost Blackburn and those strikers only managed 5 more goals than him.

And I'll rate a pair of strikers on how many goals they get between them. If that's more than another pair of strikers then the first pair is the better strike force. You can cry on about "judging the movement, passing and how well they work together" all you want, but if that doesn't produce as many goals as a strike pairing that doesn't play as fluently together then it's all irrelevant in the end.

Are you really that slow?. The price is irrelevant because we are discusiing who the BEST strikeforce is NOT 'Who's the cheapest strikeforce' or 'which strikeforce would you prefer for the price they cost?' .

At the moment, yes.

If Ashley has anything like the attitude of Kemsley, which I'm assured he has, I doubt whether you'd be thinking the Newcastle board is lacking ambition, let alone saying it.  You can't get to his financial status from a start point of nothing without having remorseless ambition.

again a load of steaming bollocks. He's been a success at near enough every club he's been at but i guess you judge success just on winning trophies :rolleyes:.

Tell me about this success then as I've read up on him and fail to see anything that depicts a manager who is being described as a mix of Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson tbh.

Guest optimistic nit

i think he seems like a really good manager, but at the same time he's got no experience of managing a team, or getting a team too a position better than where spurs are now (as in finished 5th last year), although imo that would only be a minor concern as he seems up to the job. a bigger concern for spurs imo is the behaviour of their backroom staff, both in their handling of jol and because i don't see ramos as a superior boss to jol (different yes, but not superior) so they are not really getting a better manager, only a different manager. if this is where they have got with jol, ramos may not find it that easy.

Are you really that slow?. The price is irrelevant because we are discusiing who the BEST strikeforce is NOT 'Who's the cheapest strikeforce' or 'which strikeforce would you prefer for the price they cost?' .

No, I took everything into account when I choose my best strike partnership. Price, previous clubs, age, previous goal records etc. McCarthy and Santa Cruz came out on top. I didn't see any restrictions as to what to consider when I asked you originally tbh.

And nice of you to ignore the last bit, you don't agree that the goal record outcome is more important than having two players who are fluent together? I'd much happier see Owen and Martins get 30 goals between them this season whilst falling over each other than see them play beautiful together and scrape 15.

Tell me about this success then as I've read up on him and fail to see anything that depicts a manager who is being described as a mix of Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson tbh.

you really are stoopid scy,ramos has been a success at every club he's been at beginning in 93-94,which accounts for why he's very rarely spent more than a season or so at a club...................and he doesn't have a reputation for resigning....2+2 =?

Obviously I hope this goes tits up for them, but I can't see it. Ramos seems the perfect man at the perfect time.

If they sell-up to new owners as well, which is more than likely, I'll start to worry about them again.

They missed the boat under Levy and Jol two seasons ago, that's plain to see, but with both of them gone and better replacements in then Champions' League qualification is definitely back on the radar. New stadium/training ground in the pipeline as well.

Worrying times when you hate Spurs as much as I do.