Mackems reduce allocation ...

brummie

... for you, us and Man United, for persistent standing naughtiness.

Manchester United fans look set to have their ticket allocation for the Boxing Day clash with the Black Cats slashed after being branded "serial standers".

In previous matches, Red Devils' fans have defied stewards' orders to stay seated during the game, so Stadium of Light chiefs are looking to slash the Premiership champions' ticket allocation from 3,000 to 1,500 amid safety fears.

It will be the third time in subsequent visits United's fans have had their ranks restricted. Experts say fans who stand during the full 90 minutes put other supporters at risk of serious injury.

And Sunderland City Council, which is responsible for safety at the Stadium of Light, also plans to cut the number of tickets for Newcastle United and Aston Villa fans, from 3,000 to 2,700, again because of problems caused by supporters standing during previous visits.

Phil Barrett, director of development and regeneration, said: "Since the advent of the 'all seated' stadia, which came about as a direct result of the recommendations made by Lord Justice Taylor into the Hillsborough disaster, an emerging trend for fans, particularly those of visiting teams, to stand in seated areas has been noted.

"This action of fans standing is recognised as a major safety concern as it introduces the risk of

injury to spectators and others from falls, surging and crushing."

A study carried out by the Football Licensing Authority at the start of the 2003/ 2004 season flagged up Villa and Manchester United fans as persistent offenders.

Liverpool and Newcastle were also reported to be main "away standers" in the Premiership.

Mr Barrett added: "This reduced number of visiting fans is set at a level which the club, through its safety management plan, feels confident in being able to observe safety concerns and carry out enforcement."

Police are also gearing up for the Tyne-Wear derby game at the Stadium of Light on November 10 and will put strict measures in place to stamp out any trouble.

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: "There will be an intelligence-led police approach with sufficient resources to make sure that people can enter the match in safety and leave safely."

http://tinyurl.com/2b6qee

We have known that for weeks about us recieving a lower allocation

There's two of you?  Which Jamie will be am I talking to now? 

James ≠ Jamie

they both have cacapa as their picture aswell  :razz:

gets you muddled with who says what

Your mate has magically got himself a custom title. How did that happen?

Obtaining 20 autographs of the current squad triggers an account upgrade.

:razz: i will still get them mixed up  ;D

I know you will Kev....I know.

:lol: not my fault if im thick midds!...not my fault  >:(

Guest optimistic nit

:lol: not my fault if im thick midds!...not my fault  >:(

aye its your fathers for letting you skip school to go to toon matches (I Kid! I Kid!).

Rename this thread to Mackems reduce...... glass eyes to tears of laughter.Why reduce Villas tickets,that game will hardly be a sell out.Can understand us and Man U,as they will sell out whatever but Villa.Villa have a good away support and this will cost the thick twats a few quid.They must be mental.

Guest Definitely Maybe

Rename this thread to Mackems reduce...... glass eyes to tears of laughter.Why reduce Villas tickets,that game will hardly be a sell out.Can understand us and Man U,as they will sell out whatever but Villa.Villa have a good away support and this will cost the thick twats a few quid.They must be mental.

It is the council who reduce the allocation, not the club man you daft knacker. They are the ones who grant the safety certificate. No certificate = no match.

Guest Geordiesned

I've got "pending transactions" on my credit card but it hasn't cleared yet so I can't tell if it's my Mackem ticket!