Souness Vs Roeder

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest loves the toon

when we were 1-0 down at sunderland, if souness was in charge,would we have come back to win 4-1.

i think not,he had no motivation when we went a goal down.

remember sporting lisbon away ?

yes we lost in alkmaar under roeder, but i think some of the players had to take a long look at themselves that night.

anyone who was at city the night before souness was sacked  will understand when i say, he did not have a f****** clue.

roeder done an excellent job when he took over from souness.people forget that.he got us into europe, when we looked like relegation material.

he shouldnt have got the job though,he should have went back to running the academy and a top manager appointed.  

imo

when we were 1-0 down at sunderland, if souness was in charge,would we have come back to win 4-1.

yes we lost in alkmaar under roeder, but i think some of the players had to take a long look at themselves that night.

anyone who was at city the night before souness was sacked  will understand when i say, he did not have a f****** clue.

roeder done an excellent job when he took over from souness.people forget that.he got us into europe, when we looked like relegation material.

he shouldnt have got the job though,he should have went back to running the academy and a top manager appointed.  

imo

you're talking about what happened here.  Surely you must look at their managerial record and say souness is better.  Roeder's not had any successes, Souness got blackburn promoted, kept them up and won a trophy!  He did something no manager here as done in decades.

Souness for me. He at least recognised where we needed improving. We needed a left-back so signed Babayaro, not many moaned at the time. We needed a Woodgate replacement and signed Boumsong, again, I don't remember too many complaints the day he signed. We went onto sign Emre, Parker, Solano, Luque & Owen and once more, there didn't look much wrong with those at the time.

Roeder on the other hand spent £5m on Duff when it was clear to see we needed a couple of defenders.

Went for Roeder but really both are a waste of time as a manager, my vote went on the fact that I would piss on Roeder if he was on fire, where as with Souness I would only fan the flame if he was on fire..

:D

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

I can't understand how 104 people can vote for either of those 2, to those who did, thanks for a good laugh.

I can't understand why you insist on having the same argument on a weekly basis with NE5, but there you go, were all different.

I can't understand why you insist on having the same argument on a weekly basis with NE5, but there you go, were all different.

I don't insist on having the same argument on a weekly basis with NE5 so there you go.

I don't insist on having the same argument on a weekly basis with NE5 so there you go.

So it just happens, just like the sun sets, you must argue with NE5 about the same shite every week?

So it just happens, just like the sun sets, you must argue with NE5 about the same s**** every week?

If that's the case then I'm sure you'll be able to provide a link to this weeks or even last weeks argument about the same shit.

Guest mobiius

anyone who was at city the night before souness was sacked  will understand when i say, he did not have a f****** clue.

imo

:clap: :clap:

anyone who was at city the night before souness was sacked  will understand when i say, he did not have a f****** clue.

imo

:clap: :clap:

You can clap all you like, that's just looking at their newcastle careers.  I guess Dalglish is a rubbish manager too?

Guest loves the toon

imo

you're talking about what happened here.  Surely you must look at their managerial record and say souness is better.  Roeder's not had any successes, Souness got blackburn promoted, kept them up and won a trophy!  He did something no manager here as done in decades.

what the f*** has blackburn poxy rovers got to do with nufc. keegan won nowt with us but the entertainers entertained, home and away.so your saying w****** souness was a better manager than kk. more successfull at other clubs yes.other clubs mean nothing to me nufc is my club

imo

what the f*** has blackburn poxy rovers got to do with nufc. keegan won nowt with us but the entertainers entertained, home and away.so your saying w****** souness was a better manager than kk. more successfull at other clubs yes.other clubs mean nothing to me nufc is my club

The question is which manager is better, not at newcastle, so f***ing blackburn poxy rovers have a lot to do with it.  And no, i never said he was better than KK :rolleyes:

Guest loves the toon

imo

The question is which manager is better, not at newcastle, so f***ing blackburn poxy rovers have a lot to do with it.  And no, i never said he was better than KK :rolleyes:

i hate blackburn .graham fenton,ill never forget it.

Even though i'm guessing Shearer probably saved us from relegation rather than Roeder after Soumess. Roeder is the better manager.

Souness took a team that had just finished 5th in the league spent 50m+ and nearly got us relegated. Blamed 'ladyluck' 'injuries' anythin except his appalling tactics (i.e. no wingers etc)  + when he didn't even have the decency to quit or ever admit even he may just have got a few things wrong, such was the incredible arrogance of the man. I can't stand people that can never admit they are wrong/to blame when they clearly are.

Roeder and/or shearer never spent much money, picked up the pieces had just as many injuries as Soumess and completely turned us around saving us from relegation.

Guest Deep456

So it just happens, just like the sun sets, you must argue with NE5 about the same s**** every week?

If that's the case then I'm sure you'll be able to provide a link to this weeks or even last weeks argument about the same s***.

I think he couldn't provied the link. The champion in the right corner -MICK.

I dread to think who Roeder would have bought if he'd had Souness' money mind. I think Souness was the worst of the two though in terms of managing NUFC, without a doubt.