Souness Vs Roeder

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do people continue to say Roeder is a decent/nice guy? :frantic:

He's a horrible c***.

You mean you didn't see that programme about the cash for nurses and Glenn's poem! Came across as a nice guy, slightly cheesy, but a guy who would get walked all over by the players.

Transfer wise - Souness bought expensive wasters and Roeder hardly bought anyone. They both made baffling decisions (Roeder, who was not interested in Onyewu and then announced his signing on deadline day. Souness, £8m for Boumsong and £9.5m for Luque.)

Tactically - Don't think they focused much on tactics or when they did f***ed them up. I remember away to Man Utd with a 4-5-1 formation that Arsenal used and an injured striker playing the lone role.

He's never even bothered trying to explain that comment.

I was just about to post that.

There's no way Roeder could be described as horrible or a cunt really.

Out of his depth in the end, some of the shit he gets on here is diabolical.

and we used to all be disgusted by some of the chants made towards him by the west ham fans I guess like you say nice guy out of his depth was more like it more than he was this horrible human being.

Sure I have.  The treatment of a certain player and letting a clear personal dislike effect team selection.

Even his post match comments after the East Anglia derby were very twattish, something along the lines of "We totally dominated the game for 90 minutes (which was untrue) and I don't understand how there is such a big gap between the 2 clubs in the league."

Yeah, I'm sure he's watched every Norwich and Ipswich match this season to base that opinion on..

Sure I have.  The treatment of a certain player and letting a clear personal dislike effect team selection.

Even his post match comments after the East Anglia derby were very twattish, something along the lines of "We totally dominated the game for 90 minutes (which was untrue) and I don't understand how there is such a big gap between the 2 clubs in the league."

Yeah, I'm sure he's watched every Norwich and Ipswich match this season to base that opinion on..

It's taken nearly a week, but thanks.

Not sure what the Norwich stuff has to do with anything like.

Because I was in the car listening to the radio and heard his comments and I thought "Wow, what a dick."  Being disrespectful to a team who have clearly been better than his this season, and the fact Norwich are bottom of the league makes it more ridiculous.

I also hated the way he tried to play the stand up, honest guy in interviews, but was no better than Souness.  "Well I'm not going to make excuses, but we DO have a lot of injuries.."  Very irritating.

Horrible cunt is a bit far though isn't it? :lol:

I didn't like him as a person either - for similar reasons to what you've mentioned. You simply didn't believe the guy, how could you? He made himself come across as a complete joke much of the time. He was thoroughly inept at just about everything involved with being a Premiership manager, whether that was 'on' the pitch or off it. But 'horrible cunt' is probably what i'd pin on the likes of Hitler. :lol:

Just heard on ITV Ipswich will be looking for a club record 11th consecutive home record this Saturday, which means they've won every home match this season.  Someone phone Roeder and tell him that's why there's a significant gap between themselves and Norwich.

Think I'll stick with horrible cunt.  :laugh:

Oh, and I might as well just mention the biggest reason I dislike the guy.  The Palermo incident.

Starting Luque upfront on his own away to a team who at the time, were top of Serie A and flying.  Then having the audacity to say "He's playing for his shirt."  The fact that he singled him out like that was rather disgusting.  Putting a lot of extra pressure on a guy with zero confidence.  Then after scoring the winner he gets dropped for the home game against Sheffield United anyway..

I'm sure everyone can acknowledge that's the behaviour of a sly, 2 faced prick.. and a fucking terrible manager to boot, as we lost 2-1 to Sheff. Utd and played totally shite, with Luque actually looking promising in the short time he got on.

Guest optimistic nit

Roeder, he ended up doing shite but he got us out of the shit which souness put us in  :thup:

Would be about my response, but its funny how Bolton were looking at Souness while poor Roeder has got the worst job going in the Championship.

Seems a bit unfair.

I suppose looking at their full CV means souey still carries some weight where as roeder doesnt really have any "past glories" to go on about

dunno about that he got west ham relegated didn't he.

Guest optimistic nit

would Glenn Roeder be fooled into signing someone he was told was George Weah's cousin and a Ghanian international.  Only to find the lads probably never kicked a ball in his life.

I'll give you the honest answer of probably yes. roeder just wasn't unlucky enough to be managing at the time the conmen started making a list of gullable mugs to try and make a fool and a quick buck out of.

Souness had ideas that managed to turn a successful 5th placed team into a bag of shite, and roeder had no ideas of how to do anything so the bag of shite just stayed a bag of shite. i'm not saying we were a bag of shite because we finished 14th, but because by the end of the two of them's reign (and still to this day) we couldn't (and cant) string 4 passes together, we hadn't (and haven't) the faintest clue of how to break down opponents and our biggest problem areas have only got worse, as had our fitness levels, appearence to an outsider and wallet size. both of them have failed in every single department there is.

i guess it really depends on whether you would rather have an idiot who has ideas, or an idiot who doesn't.

i don't think roeder's particulary nice either. he froze zog and luque out of the team, whether on luque's case he was shit anyway is not the point, he did it in a very immature way imo. i'd be wishing nowt but ilness to norwich but for the fact i went to chris flemming's (i think) testamonial last year vs the toon and had a very good time, albeit in a thunderstorm.