Rate Sam + Signings

toptoon

Sam 6 - after some seemingly good transfer business  and a good start the wheels are startiing to fall off. Shocking tactics against Derby and Reading, he needs to look to attack more rather than trying to keep it tight and hopefully nick something. Look to attack more ffs!

Cacapa 6- , early days yet hopefully sat. was just a blip, i hope he will not do a Boumsong on us and fall to pieces. Before Sat looked great.

Roze 6- is great on the deck but really needs to work on his strength/heading game.

Faye 7 - looks good to me so far. We will need him to mark a few of the 'Big Man' type strikers.

Beye 6- too early to judge him but certainly way better than car.

Viduka 6- I think is too slow and too easily marked out the game, although will have his token good game now and again i.e. v West Ham.

Smith 5 - Good up front but not so great in midfield and 100% not a winger.

Barton 5 - Hasn't had a decent game for us yet in the prem all be it through injury. Hopefully will get better though.

Enrique 7 - Best of the bunch so far along with Faye imo

Geremi 7 -  good but could be better.

Roze 6- is great on the deck but really needs to work on his strength/heading game.

Faye 7 - looks good to me so far. We will need him to mark a few of the 'Big Man' type strikers.

You say the above yet looking in your sig your droping Faye to the bench when we are about to play Jones.

Expected more from Enrique from what I had read and heard about him, at moment he is playing more long balls than Warren Barton did.

Everybody else has been fairly predictable, Viduka being good but always injured, Smith not scoring and being generally s**** and the rest taking some time to adapt to the Premiership.

Faye and Barton haven't done enough yet.

Guest Stephen927

Allardyce - 6.5

Cacapa - 6.8

Beye - 6.5

Faye - 7.8

Enrique - 6

Geremi - 5.3

Barton - 4.5 (mostly due to injury, was a tough one to grade him.

Smith - 5.7 (From playing as a winger)

Big Sam - 6

Beye - 6

Enrique - 7

Faye - 7 (poor last two games)

Viduka - 5 (injury freek already)

Barton - 5 (hasnt played enough)

Rozehnal - 9 (done nothing wrong and been consistant)

Cacapa - 6 (good start but poor last two games)

Smith - 5

Geremi - 6

Allardyce - 5, not what I expected, doesn't look like living up to the hype so far .

Beye - 5, too early to tell.

Enrique - 6, not bad.

Faye - 6, played well at times not so well at other times.

Viduka - 4, what's the point, his injury record is as bad as it was at Boro.

Barton - 3, too soon to tell.

Rozehnal - 8, probably the best defender so far but had a mare against Derby.

Cacapa - 7, reads the game well and was let down by team mates at W/E, needs to bounce back.

Smith - 4, waste of money so far, crap in midfield and lost a lot of what made him good at Leeds.

Geremi - 6, should be doing better, needs to find form from pre-season.

Surpirsed Sam is being rated so low, i mean, Sam has brought an invaluable air of stability to the club, has cut the deadwood, has kept people fit so far (fingers crossed), has brought in genereally good players who have all shown so far that thy are defineltely capable of something, and lets be honest the fact that he's actually given us enough hope to think that we can achieve something this season to the extent that we arent happy that we're actually still in a position to achieve something. Its pretty harsh to say that whats he's achieved so far in 5 months is just an average 6.

Sam - 2 Yesterdays man I'm afraid. I doubt he has the capability to 'surprise' many with innovative on-pitch tactics.

Cacapa - 5 but I doubt he'll get back in the immediate future. Pompey (and now the Premiership) had his lack of muscle and pace sussed big style.

Roze 7 Looks the best of the new signings.

Faye - 4 You get what you pay for.

Beye - 4 Gets caught hopelessly out of position.

Viduka - 5 A financial liabilty, good player never fit.

Smith - 1 Seen nothing off him yet to suugest that £6m hsn't been spunked away.

Barton - 5 Only because he's played so little so far. 8/9 hopefully!

Enrique - 6 Get a settled left winger to let an understanding develop and I think he'll benefit.

Expected more from Enrique from what I had read and heard about him, at moment he is playing more long balls than Warren Barton did.

Everybody else has been fairly predictable, Viduka being good but always injured, Smith not scoring and being generally s**** and the rest taking some time to adapt to the Premiership.

Faye and Barton haven't done enough yet.

How many games has Smith played up front and how much creativity has been in the team during those limited minutes when he has? I remember your opinion of a few years ago that strikers should score 20 goals each season even if they aren't being used as a striker, so I'm not surprised you can't see the obvious.

Sam 3 - Average manager with a small club mentality, I'll be amazed if he's here at the start of next season

Cacapa 7- Our best defender so far, no surprise the kneejerkers are on his back after one bad game.

Roze 6- Good on the ball but is too weak in the challange, would be better as a midfielder.

Faye 6 - Good signing, the sort of defender we've needed for a while now.

Beye 5- Decent player in France but he hasn't adapted yet.

Viduka 6- The best of the bunch but injury prone.

Smith 1 - Average striker and an awful midfielder, not good enough and poor value for money.

Barton 5 - Clearly not match fit, I can see him being one of the players Allardyce plays whether he's in form or not.

Enrique 6 - Good lad who defends well, not sure why Allardyce makes him play so many long balls though.

Geremi 5 -  Keeps possession well but doesn't look settled in a 4-4-2.

Sam 3 - Average manager with a small club mentality, I'll be amazed if he's here at the start of next season

Cacapa 7- Our best defender so far, no surprise the kneejerkers are on his back after one bad game.

Roze 6- Good on the ball but is too weak in the challange, would be better as a midfielder.

Smith 1 - Average striker and an awful midfielder, not good enough and poor value for money.

Barton 5 - Clearly not match fit, I can see him being one of the players Allardyce plays whether he's in form or not.

Enrique 6 - Good lad who defends well, not sure why Allardyce makes him play so many long balls though.

Not sure about Enrique. Fuck knows what you would give James Milner for his performances this season if Smith gets a 1 :lol:

Not sure about Enrique. Fuck knows what you would give James Milner for his performances this season if Smith gets a 1 :lol:

Milner would get a 2 as he's been better than Smith so far this season without being that good either.

The point is to rate the signing though and Smith has been an awful waste of money.

Not sure about Enrique. f*** knows what you would give James Milner for his performances this season if Smith gets a 1 :lol:

Milner would get a 2 as he's been better than Smith so far this season without being that good either.

Strugglng to see where he gets the extra one from. Maybe it was his exquisite first touch before his goal against Tottenham  :lol:

Not sure about Enrique. f*** knows what you would give James Milner for his performances this season if Smith gets a 1 :lol:

Strugglng to see where he gets the extra one from. Maybe it was his exquisite first touch before his goal against Tottenham  :lol:

A goal, an assist and managing to keep his position for most of the game.

Smith has offered nothing at all.

Pie, I can't believe it, but I even glanced towards the left of my screen to check who that post belonged to!!!

He was shite on Saturday mind (Milner)

Pie, I can't believe it, but I even glanced towards the left of my screen to check who that post belonged to!!!

He was s**** on Saturday mind (Milner)

:lol: Been shite all season tbh. Just worries me that we have so little talent in the squad that he is still getting a game.