NEXUS

Dogmatix

sad to be honest, give them their moment, its sum fukin fairy lights to be honest. Next you will want to ban tinsel in shops that is red and white, be demanding that restaurants do not hav any red and white seats, say that TGI Fridays is going against the people of newcastle

It is different.  I think he's got a bit of a point.  Yeah it's not a big deal, but surely it's a bit wrong having their colours on a geordie bridge.  Surely we should have black and white and they can stick something red and white in sunderland.

don't worry chaps, they had a plan not so long ago to light patterns on the same bridge,which i believe they could "digitise" from photos etc, it didn't work or if it did it was crap as whenever i passed it it was the same blue bridge with lighting that looked half knacked .

FFS its Christmas lights, and red and white is a popular Christmas colour scheme.

What next? I know, Santa wears red and white, lets run him oot of toon on Christmas Eve.

Not quite the same sounds like the bridge is being decorated for the derby and when all said and done its a bridge across the Tyne.

Dont know what the nocturne project is but sounds rather resident evilish to me

I mentioned this in the pre match thread as well, I am against the idea of lighting the bridge white and red, even if it is only on Friday night as a "celebration of the upcoming derby".

However, when you are on the metro at night you barely notice the fact that the bridge is lit up in red, purple, green, blue etc any way, so I doubt too many people will notice that the bridge is illuminated in football colours for one night.

I was wondering the same as Big Dave, how can they light the bridge up in black when they do our colours? 

Regardless what we say here or write in e mails of complaint the idea will go ahead so may as well forget it.  It'll all be over soon enough.  I hate derby week!!

How exactly would you light a bridge up in BLACK?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, it's night so naturally everything is black so all you'll really see is the red and white.

I dont think they should be doing this although if it was somewhere more neutral between the two cities then I would have no problem with it, I just object to flying the oppsotions colours in either city.

If it's sunderland it should be in sunderland if its newcastle it should be in newcastle, if it's both it should be neutral ground

sad to be honest, give them their moment, its sum fukin fairy lights to be honest. Next you will want to ban tinsel in shops that is red and white, be demanding that restaurants do not hav any red and white seats, say that TGI Fridays is going against the people of newcastle

No they aren't, they've actually put black into their uniforms, so now it's black red and white, I think that's just in Newcastle for that very reason.

I'm guessing most people opposed to this are also opposed us to having red numbers, despite being far easier to read?

Dear me, some people get all het up over absolutely fuck all!  :lol:

But strangely not this forum's banner which contains the text "In Association With: My Vinyl Records - Thousands Of Rare & Collectable Records" with (OMG!!!!111 CAN U BELIEVE IT?!!!111) the "In Association With" bit in RED on a WHITE background. In Derby week? Sacrilege!

:frantic:

:lol:

It's a bit different, the red is being used to represent sunderland in fairness. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it but it does seem a bit of a daft thing to do.