NEXUS

Dogmatix

Do any of you know that NEXUS (METRO) plan to light up the Queen Elizabeth Metro Bridge in RED & WHITE

I know I can be very childish at times, but,this has to be wrong.

I E-Mailed Nexus to object and got this reply

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul,

The Metro bridge across the Tyne is being specially lit up in the colours of both teams therefore not signalling any one team out.

The Nocturne project - the biggest light art work in Britain will pulse a kaleidoscope of colours from black and white to red and white and back again.

It is felt that the lighting is a fitting way to mark the build up of the big game and to once again showcase the £300.000 Nocturne project which was switched on in April this year.

Kind Regards

Tim Brough

Metro Communications Assistant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me???

I don't think it's very fitting at all

the Mackems boycott anything Black and White at the drop of a hat i.e. Northern Rock,Sugar Puffs and now Sports Direct.But we have to put up with there colours on a bridge over the Tyne during a derby week-end.

If any feel you would like to complain the e-mail is :-

Tim Brough <[email protected]> :rant: :rant: :rant:

Guest alijmitchell

Fucks sake, surely we can be the bigger people here. Remember when it was on Look North about all those thick cunt Mackems cancelling their accounts with Northern Rock over that billboard? Remember how much we fucking laughed at the sorry bastards. Whinging about it and sending abusive emails will only make us as sad as them, and that will be music to their unwashed ears.

Do any of you know that NEXUS (METRO) plan to light up the Queen Elizabeth Metro Bridge in RED & WHITE

I know I can be very childish at times, but,this has to be wrong.

I E-Mailed Nexus to object and got this reply

Paul,

The Metro bridge across the Tyne is being specially lit up in the colours of both teams therefore not signalling any one team out.

The Nocturne project - the biggest light art work in Britain will pulse a kaleidoscope of colours from black and white to red and white and back again.

It is felt that the lighting is a fitting way to mark the build up of the big game and to once again showcase the £300.000 Nocturne project which was switched on in April this year.

Kind Regards

Tim Brough

Metro Communications Assistant

Is it just me???

I don't think it's very fitting at all

the Mackems boycott anything Black and White at the drop of a hat i.e. Northern Rock,Sugar Puffs and now Sports Direct.But we have to put up with there colours on a bridge over the Tyne during a derby week-end.

If any feel you would like to complain the e-mail is :-

Tim Brough <[email protected]> :rant: :rant: :rant:

Make a petition and i'd be quite happy to sign it  :lol:

How exactly would you light a bridge up in BLACK?

Well thats what struck me- it is going to be lit up red and white,then some white bits!!!

I don't think that I'm being a drama queen,I just think that huge edifice,in mackem colours in our city is wrong.And no I don't want to 'big' about it,you can't take the moral high ground where football is concerned.

Certainly not if you jump about like a loon when your team score or you sing daft songs or bay for the refs blood etc etc.Thats what football is about.

O.K. it might just be my opinion but I don't want to drive over a bridge decked out in mackem colours (in Newcastle) at any time,but especially not in derby week.

There again if you don't live here why give a sh1t

Fucks sake, surely we can be the bigger people here. Remember when it was on Look North about all those thick cunt Mackems cancelling their accounts with Northern Rock over that billboard? Remember how much we fucking laughed at the sorry bastards. Whinging about it and sending abusive emails will only make us as sad as them, and that will be music to their unwashed ears.

They're having the last laugh now, mind ;)

Derby week is horrible, isn't it? Don't you wish you could wake up and find it was next Monday and you had a point? I know I do.

We've got board room level squabbles resurrected between us and our neighbours at the moment. Krulak comparing David Gold to "a pig", even in a very loose sense, whilst being accurate, isn't really sensible at this point in time. I really do think there'll be large scale violence at this match (again). Not nice.

PS: re the bridge, ill informed outsider I may be, but why the fuck is red and white going anywhere near a bridge in Newcastle?

Nexus should spend more money on making sure their tracks dont fall into old mines instead of decorating a stupid fucking bridge. 

Maybe they could use the money to clean stations more so they dont smell of piss or even fix that elevator thats been broke at monument for the last decade.

Well thats what struck me- it is going to be lit up red and white,then some white bits!!!

I don't think that I'm being a drama queen,I just think that huge edifice,in mackem colours in our city is wrong.And no I don't want to 'big' about it,you can't take the moral high ground where football is concerned.

Certainly not if you jump about like a loon when your team score or you sing daft songs or bay for the refs blood etc etc.Thats what football is about.

O.K. it might just be my opinion but I don't want to drive over a bridge decked out in mackem colours (in Newcastle) at any time,but especially not in derby week.

Haha spot on!

Haha spot on!

Nail on the head, i normally go on the metro at least twice a week.

I couldn't bare coming home from a toon match on the metro if we'd got beat and then seeing a 'Red n White' bridge

Guest DazzaNufc1892

sad to be honest, give them their moment, its sum fukin fairy lights to be honest. Next you will want to ban tinsel in shops that is red and white, be demanding that restaurants do not hav any red and white seats, say that TGI Fridays is going against the people of newcastle