Italian Police kill football fan

NSG

The Italian police are shocking with football related matters. In both Turin & Milan they let the home fans do what they wanted when we played over there & tried to take mobile phones from fans taking pictures. In Turin they simply let the fans through the police line so that they could get closer to us to chuck their bottles of p*ss.

Guest Micktoon

50 cops injured.. so far, so good.. ACAB

You child, quite frankly, appear to be a tit of the highest order. Sorry I'm wrong, tits have a useful purpose.

Dropped on your head as a baby were you. "ACAB", for fucks sake get the Doc Martins on we're all going back to 1980, arsehole.

The Italian police are shocking with football related matters. In both Turin & Milan they let the home fans do what they wanted when we played over there & tried to take mobile phones from fans taking pictures. In Turin they simply let the fans through the police line so that they could get closer to us to chuck their bottles of p*ss.

Yeah, they're a disgrace on this. The reason Italian football fans carry on the way they do is because they're allowed to. Pure and simple.

They love an excuse to cause some f****** havoc.

Why is that?  Too much red wine?  Not enough spaghetti?  I've never been, but everyone I know who's gone to Italy says it's

a great place and the people are quite friendly.  Are there that many football hoolies there?

Guest LucaAltieri

Why is that?  Too much red wine?  Not enough spaghetti?  I've never been, but everyone I know who's gone to Italy says it's

a great place and the people are quite friendly.  Are there that many football hoolies there?

Yes.

Obviously its not everyone but there are certain fanatics.

Just look at the West Ham and Toon games against Palermo. Nut jobs with knives. They blamed that on the English hooligans too the fuckers.

Why is that? Too much red wine? Not enough spaghetti? I've never been, but everyone I know who's gone to Italy says it's

a great place and the people are quite friendly. Are there that many football hoolies there?

Yes, there's loads just as there would be in England if we hadn't cracked down on it hard and kept it at bay for 20-odd years. It's hard work, it requires resources and the Italians obviously cannot be arsed. UEFA should, perhaps, encourage them along a little...

It's definitely not the safest place for English fans to go, put it that way. Three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed in Rome last year by a group of Italian Ultras carrying knives, one even had an axe. Earlier this year the Italian police beat the crap out of Man Utd's travelling supporters, including old men.

It seems to me that it's not a case of Italian police being too weak, but that they're too violent. They clearly don't know how to deal with the hooligan problem over there because it's been going on for years and if anything seems to be getting worse. Prevention is better than cure, but Italian police seem to just go in with the batons and tear gas when things boil over. UEFA have turned a blind eye to it for years.

Some photos from the weekend. The Atalanta-Milan game was suspended after just 7 minutes as fans tried to break through the barriers and onto the pitch:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/77846214.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C1906FA8287CA61B00AE73D5572B8AE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/77846208.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C1906FA8287CA61BC27B856CD619188E

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/77845664.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C1906FA8287CA61BF14F55BE2DE9A6A8A55A1E4F32AD3138

"For Raciti you stopped the league. The death of a supporter doesn't mean anything"

Raciti was the cop killed earlier this year during clashes with Catania fans.

I always thought it to be because they love to stick the oar in to the authorities as they all have extreme political views one way or another and the Ultras use the football as an excuse to do this. For example Lazio are far right and i think Atalanta who are big leftie support.

I always thought it to be because they love to stick the oar in to the authorities as they all have extreme political views one way or another and the Ultras use the football as an excuse to do this. For example Lazio are far right and i think Atalanta who are big leftie support.

I was under the impression they adopt these positions just to give themselves yet another thing to argue about.

I was under the impression they adopt these positions just to give themselves yet another thing to argue about.

Should have shown that sort of fighting spirit during the Second World War tbh ;)

Some ultra groups are associated with specific political factions, which results in rivalries and alliances based on political allegiances. Some extremist groups distribute propaganda to members of ultra groups, to various degrees of success. Some ultra groups reject political symbols and forbid their members to display them within the context of the group.

Lazio's Irriducibili, Roma's Boys Roma and TDR, Paris Saint Germain's Boulogne Boys, Real Madrids Ultras Sur, Dinamo Zagreb's Bad Blue Boys are known for displaying Celtic crosses and Swastikas. In Spain, the term ultra is understood primarily as ultraderechista (far rightist), and some Spanish ultra groups use Nazi symbols such as the runic SS logo. However, other ultra groups, such as Livornos Brigate Autonome Livornesi,Carrarese, A.C. Arezzo's Fossa, Pisa Calcio's Ultras, Olympique de Marseilles Curva-Massilia, Celtic's Green Brigade and Hapoel Tel-Aviv's Ultras Hapoel are known for displaying flags with red stars, hammer and sickles, the anarchy symbol or images of Che Guevara. Fans of Ajax Amsterdam often display the Star of David and Israeli flags, and regularly chant "Joden! Joden!" (Dutch for "Jews! Jews!"), in reference to the club's Jewish roots. In Turkey, Beşiktaş JK's ultra group Çarşı has an A in its logo that is similar to the anarchy symbol.

Off Wikipedia.